Main Street Station Hotel & Casino
Wynn Las Vegas(Las Vegas)
US$378
US$204
Official Site
  • Pool
MGM Grand Hotel and Casino(Las Vegas)(Great Value!)
US$256
US$214
  • Restaurant
Luxor Hotel & Casino(Las Vegas)(Great Value!)
US$152
US$113
  • Restaurant
Excalibur Hotel & Casino(Las Vegas)
US$107
US$67
  • Restaurant
ARIA Resort & Casino(Las Vegas)
US$225
US$181
US$198
US$153
  • Pool
Vdara Hotel & Spa(Las Vegas)
US$188
US$144
  • Restaurant
Bellagio Las Vegas(Las Vegas)
US$247
US$204
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
The Mirage Hotel & Casino(Las Vegas)(Great Value!)
US$154
US$112
  • Restaurant
Signature at MGM Grand(Las Vegas)(Great Value!)
US$268
US$226
Hotels.com
1,643 results
All reviewsbrew pubcalifornia hotelgarden court buffettriple brewerydowntown vegasthe fremont street experiencevideo pokerboyd gamingb connectedstay downtowntrain noiseblock walkgreat buffetbreakfast buffetsister propertyrv parkprime rib
Reviewed 28 October 2013

Stayed for three nights recently. Enjoyed a comfortable king bed with flat screen tv and refrigerator in the room. Room was large and clean with a some what small bath but not a big problem. Plenty of hot water and everything worked fine. All staff were friendly and helpful. The buffet was satisfactory, buffet food is not expected to be wonderful. All in all, another good stay a this jewel downtown.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
4  Thank psychdz
Reviewed 25 October 2013

Located in Downtown Las Vegas (old strip), low rates and very classy. Fairly well renovated, has large rooms with relatively nice view. Unlike the "new strip", it is easy to walk around the entire downtown area in a single day looking for cheap food, entertainment, and gambling. Best hotel in the area that I have stayed in.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank Ernest M
Reviewed 24 October 2013

This is an older hotel...But it was clean with friendly staff. There is no free WI FI and there is a charge if you want to use it in the room....No free WI FI in the Lobby either. It is not a bad place to stay, but I would not stay for more than one night, since things to do in the hotel are pretty much in the Casino.....

Room Tip: This is a very quiet hotel compared to the many noisy ones farther south....Any room should be very comfortable and quiet.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank carlocB9030VZ
Reviewed 17 October 2013

My husband and I frequent Vegas...two to four trips a year, normally, and have stayed at the range of hotels from 3 star to 5 star. This was our first time here. And our last.

The room was fine for the most part. It was bright, clean and good sized. It was even quiet which surprised me since there are trains that run right behind the hotel (part of the reason we've never stayed here before). But the service is horrible, the food is horrendous, and their showers may scald you and freeze you in the same episode.

We arrived by tour bus to the hotel just before 3 (normal check in time). Our room # was given to us, but we were told it wasn't ready yet. We were told to come back "later" and when I asked what "later" meant, I was told that our room was "guaranteed by 4." More than an hour...hmmm. Everyone else we arrived with on the tour bus was able to check in though. OK. Even the bell desk was surprised and told me I should check back in 20-30 minutes since they knew we were coming. We took the kids to get ice cream then came back at 3:45. Still not ready. Now we're told to come back in "about 30 minutes" but when I asked if our room was "guaranteed by 4" she said, "well, you know, 20, 30 minutes..." Girl has issues with telling time apparently. My family of four sat in the lobby and waited until 4. At 4, my husband asked if our room was ready yet and the same lady who doesn't know how to tell time looked at her screen and could see that it wasn't, so she picked up her phone this time to call housekeeping and ask for a status on our room. At this point she's told that our room is ready. Now, how hard was that for her to just ask instead of making my family of four sit around waiting for her?

When we arrived, our room was about 48 degrees cold. We turned it up and left.
Their elevators are weird: four on one side, one all alone down the hall. People often didn't know there was an elevator waiting because of the stray door open down the hall and would just stand waiting in front of the four main doors, causing slow down in an already booked hotel.
The showers...No exaggeration...I'd set it how I wanted it and would start to shower and it was if someone was in the shower stall messing with the knobs because it would get scalding hot and then ice cold within one minute...and this would happen two to three times per shower. I warned my husband and he had the same experience. So the kids ended up using the bath tub to prevent burning themselves. We figured there was no point in asking them to switch our rooms because they already told us (when they made us wait for our room at check in) that they were booked solid.

We were lucky I think to manage to get parking every day. With the hotel as booked as it was, even the girl at the front desk couldn't guarantee we would have parking. There appears to be 3 lots--a 4 story covered lot, a small lot to the side of that, and a larger lot across the street that shares parking with Advantage car rental. All three lots always appeared full but we were always lucky to be catching someone on their way out. Parking was free with a pass from the front desk.

We ate on-site one night at Triple 7. It was VERY busy and we didn't think we'd get a table but we got "lucky" and just one table was open so we were seated. Unfortunately, our waitress was on break (which no one informed us of) so we sat there with no water, just menus for at least 15-20 minutes if not more. When she finally came, she said she was back from break now (seriously?!) and would be taking care of us. I ordered meatloaf, my hubs order the large prime rib (done medium), and the kids order wings and chicken strips. Oh, I also ordered garlic fries for the table. Save yourself some money and don't eat here. The garlic fries were UNEDIBLE. That is an understatement. They were fries with a heap of COLD bottled minced garlic (that might have even been rancid) dropped on top of it. I wanted to puke. The meatloaf and green beans looked and tasted like a Hungry Man tv dinner was dropped onto a plate and my husband's prime rib was well done and tough. He said it tasted like it was frozen then thawed. His was only slightly more edible with horseradish and au jus covering up for some flavor.

The best part of this stay was that it was next door to The California Hotel where they have friendly people and good food. We'd just walk over the bridge and spend our time and money there. The machines were more generous (I won on several different machines at The Cal but none at Main Street) and are much more current.

The second best part of this stay? Checking out and knowing I don't have to come back.

Room Tip: I've heard that the hotel picks up noise from trains, but we didn't have this problem at all. We were on the 9th floor on the right side of the elevators.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank dawnkiyoko
Sarah S, Boyd Gaming Customer Service at Main Street Station Hotel & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2013

Thank you for you feedback. We appreciate all comments and value the information shared by our guests. We apologize for your experience as this is not in line with the high standards of service we have set. Thank you for the positive comments about our sister property The California Hotel. Your comments have been forwarded to the General Manager for further review with our team. Once again we would like to thank you and hope that you give us another try in the near future.

Reviewed 15 October 2013

You truly go back in time at this hotel. They normally cater to the Hawaiians but are very gracious to mainland visitors. Away from the noise yet close enough to stroll the Fremont Street Experience which is a must see for first time visitors.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple