“Great option in Vegas”

Ranked #71 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Peterborough, United Kingdom
“Great option in Vegas”
Reviewed 14 February 2013 via mobile

Great stay, new rooms are really well done, laid out well and with great views of the strip.
Casino is a little clumsy for my liking and prefer somewhere like New York, New York for atmosphere and bars etc but overall a great option on the strip at a reasonable price ...

• Stayed February 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4,205)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Las Vegas, Nevada, Usa
Reviewed 13 February 2013

Great Hotel, room rate a little high for Vegas. The rooms are new and nice but you can stay other places for less money. The restaurants are great and the best concerts go to the MGM. The comedy club is fantastic! The check in line is usually long so take your patience with you.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Grace J
Lori P, Manager at MGM Grand Hotel and Casino, responded to this review, 14 February 2013
Dear Grace J:

Longer lines and steeper rates are rare but sometimes inevitable situations that occur during higher occupancies and property events. I apologize if either of these conditions negatively impacted your stay. I am pleased to learn, however, that many aspects of our Grand Renovation project, including our rooms, restaurants, and comedy club influenced your vacation in a positive manner.

The staff of MGM Grand would like nothing more than to have every stay go flawlessly, and are chagrined when any facet stops just short of our guest's expectations. For each highlight enumerated in your review, we also see an area like check-in where we can work harder.

We appreciate the courteous and constructive remarks, and eagerly anticipate your return.

MGM Grand - Las Vegas
San Francisco, California, United States
Reviewed 13 February 2013

I was excited to stay at this famous hotel. I was a tad disappointed at how crowded it was. Extremely packed at all hours. It took forever (45 mins) to check in and there was no one you could talk to if you had a quick question (or if there was, they were unidentifiable). We booked a Petite King size but they ran out and told we were given an upgrade to a queen size? This was not an upgrade in my opinion. I was hoping to see the TV in the bathroom..... doesn't exist in the queen. We shared a queen for our "2nd honeymoon". I was sorely disappointed that this room was a slight step up from an 2 star room. The buffet line had us wait 20 minutes. Valet was nice but getting our car back took another 15 minutes. Chances are high I will not stay here again.
A friend stayed in the Signature penthouse and that was really nice. Maybe that's the way to go. No lines there.

Room Tip: Beg for a room with a view..... not anywhere on the 5th-8th floor.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Shiru W
Dear Shiru W:

Being one of the most popular destinations in the world can have an occasional drawback, as you witnessed first-hand by the high volume of fellow patrons encountered during your stay. At MGM Grand, we do everything possible to anticipate the needs of such a large clientele base, and staff accordingly. However, there are times when even the most meticulous and detailed courses of action fall short. For that reason, I regret your stay with us proved less than optimal.

I hope that you will continue to utilize MGM Grand for future visits to Las Vegas. I promise that your next stay will not only meet but exceed all expectations.

Leesburg, Indiana
Reviewed 13 February 2013

We stayed at the MGM Grand for three nights in one of their newly remodeled tower suites and the room was great. We did have some difficulty getting into our room but Sherelle who must have been a manager took great care of us and got us into our room with some compensation. I had a show at the convention center so the monorail station at MGM got me there in 20 minutes for pretty cheap. Did have some very noisey people in the hallway one night but there is not a lot MGM can do about that. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
Dear ajharman22:

Although I regret that your stay with us got off to a bit of a rocky start, it is gratifying to know that caring staff members like Sherrell were able to turn things around. At MGM Grand, our goal is to make every experience a memorable one, so that whatever happens in Vegas can be shared with the world. From its ideal location and proximity to the convenient citywide monorail, to our newly renovated rooms and suites that have the travel community abuzz, MGM Grand is the perfect destination for both conventioneers looking to host their meetings, and vacationers soaking up the sun and fun of Sin City.

We thank you for the kind endorsement on TripAdvisor. Your patronage honors us, and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 13 February 2013

My husband and I have been traveling to Vegas for years, usually twice a year. This was probably at least the 10th time staying at MGM. We consider it our "home" base while there. While we do enjoy and have enjoyed the newly refurbished rooms and spruced up casino floor, I was left with a bad taste in my mouth this time around. We've never had a problem with MGM or it's personnel. While this is partially my husband's fault, upon checking out, we noticed he left his $150 Bose headphones in the room. We already arrived at the airport. We called and were told we would get a call back at 5 after shift change. There were no signs of the headphones. We know they were left in there on the bed. Do the maids not go through a security check when leaving their shifts? I mean it's whatever, they are just headphones (expensive ones at that) but SOMEONE took them and it definitely wasn't us. Just sad that there are no honest people around anymore. Sure we left a report with security but it's not going to get them back. Oh well I suppose. It is what is it. The cocktail waitresses seem severely lacking on this trip as well. I remember when I couldn't even finish my drink and they would be back again asking if I'd like a refill. Not this time. I wouldn't see one for well over 30 minutes sometimes.
We still love MGM. It's great for the money and still and always will feel like "home" while we're there visiting. The rooms are comfortable and clean and I always get the best nights sleep while we're there. We've stayed at Aria once when they first opened and loved it and are considering that hotel to be our new home base from now on.

Room Tip: Higher and away from the elevator is best.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank beachbum1285
Dear beachbum1285:

It is indeed regrettable that we have thus far been unsuccessful in our extensive efforts to recover your husband’s headphones. I can assure you that integrity of conduct is paramount to our staff and management here at MGM Grand. We will continue our search in the hope that they can be returned to you.

I also lament that the cocktail service on the casino floor at times seemed sporadic. We certainly will redouble our efforts to ensure that all facets of guest service are properly executed.

We are grateful for your long history of loyalty, and hope that you will once again allow us to serve as host the next time you’re in Las Vegas.

Respectfully,

San Jose, California, Usa
Reviewed 13 February 2013

Staying at the MGM Grand was a GREAT experience. This hotel has customer satisfaction in mind. Clean, friendly, convenient, comfortable! David Copperfield was excellent and entertaining, KA was another brilliant performance from Cirque du Soliel!

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
Dear Karen D:

Nothing pleases me more than to know that your stay with us was a “great” experience. As the flagship of the Las Vegas Strip, MGM Grand knows it has to go above and beyond to provide the best service, finest dining, and quality entertainment venues to remain ahead of the competition. Gracious comments like yours are a pretty good indication that our efforts are paying dividends in the minds and hearts of our guests.

Thanks so much for letting everyone else in on your wonderful time at MGM Grand. We can’t wait to see you again in the near future!

Lisboa, Portugal
Reviewed 13 February 2013

Everything works as expected in a 4* facility of this dimension. I would prefer the background music at a lower level. Inside the bar lounges is almost impossible to mantain a conversation without elevating you voice.
Restaurants and food for all preferences and budgets.
Service is correct and delivered with a smile.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled on business