“Always the Best!”

Ranked #70 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
US
“Always the Best!”
Reviewed 14 November 2013

Had planned this vacation for over a year. As always, the MGM was our first choice for where to stay. Great hotel and place to stay. We arrived smack in the middle of the Kanya and Jimmy Buffet concerts, so it was a busy hotel. Aside from a couple of hiccups within the first 24-hours, the rest of our trip was outstanding. Our room was perfect and exuded quiet and romance with a spa tub, dimming lights and a great view. We loved the black out shades and room amenities.
We spent time at the at the lazy river complex and our cocktail waitress Michelle, was fantastic and always kept our glasses filled. Our dining experiences both in room and at the restaurants were simply the best. Our massages and experience at the MGM Grand Spa were relaxing and rejuvenating. Essentially, our every whim and need was catered to during our stay by the MGM hotel and services.
The icing on the cake....we had a winning week and took home some money.
Highly recommend the MGM Grand!!

Room Tip: Request a high room and I recommend the Executive King Suite or the Spa Suite.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank pjmartin1998
Lori P, Manager at MGM Grand Hotel and Casino, responded to this review, 17 November 2013
Dear pjmartin1998:

Our guests deserve the best, and we aim to give it to them at all times. With attentive service and newly updated accommodations, a stay at MGM Grand makes for an unforgettable time. Thank you for sharing the many excellent experiences you had while visiting our resort. It is truly a delight to read your comments, and we hope you will return soon.

MGM Grand – Las Vegas

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4,177)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Brentwood, New York
Reviewed 14 November 2013

This was our first trip to Vegas celebrating our 20th anniversary. I was very impressed with the room. It was small and simple but had all the essentials needed. I loved the pools and the restaurants. I saw Bon Jovi here and Brad Garrett as well which was fantastic. My husband and I agreed that you would never need to leave this hotel because it has EVERYTHING. As soon as we came home we priced it out for our next visit, this time bringing our daughters. i look forward to staying at MGM Grand again.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Valerie R:

Happy Anniversary and thank you for allowing us to be a part of your special celebration. Initial impressions are lasting impressions, and MGM Grand offers so much to see and do. With unbeatable entertainment spectacles and service that is top notch, our guests can experience the best that Las Vegas has to offer all in one location. We look forward to hosting you again soon, and hope you do bring the family with you. Everybody should experience the fun and excitement of MGM Grand.

Manager of Guest Experince
Reviewed 13 November 2013

I have stayed at this hotel several times over the past few years and have enjoyed each visit. The new updated rooms are spacious and the beds are very comfortable. The slots could be a bit more favorable, but had a good time anyway.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank luv2loan
Dear luv2loan:

Welcome back, and thank you for your continued loyalty. It has been a pleasure to serve you. As you have noticed we have made some impressive changes to our accommodations, and have added some exciting new dining options, shopping venues, and attractions. We are glad you had such a good time, and we can’t wait to serve you again.

New Westminster, Canada
Reviewed 13 November 2013

Reviews either seem to be hit or miss. For me they were a hit all the way. when I checked in it was pretty hot outside and there were about 25 people in line but with at least 8 or 10 desk clerks going it went very fast. Finally someone figured out that if they pay a few more clerks they will have a lot more happy people down spending their money rather than standing in line. But what I really enjoyed was having the containers full of flavored ice water beside the lineup. Delicious on a hot day of travelling. The room was at the very end of a long hallway but I won't complain about the long walk but rather be grateful that very few people were any where near the door to my room. Very quiet for the whole 4 days.

With the exception of the view of the parking garage the room was fantastic with all kinds of space, a mini bar, tons of lighting options, big comfortable couch, and of course that big old hot tub and oversized shower. Loved the place and actually decided one night to stay in and watch the new Star Trek movie with some treats from downstairs. Totally enjoyed myself. The coffee complaint is pointless as there was a newsstand type place and a cake/ coffee counter immediately outside the elevator circle. A little pricey but so is everything else in Vegas so no point in complaining about it non stop.

The property is huge but my room was quite close to both the parking garage and the monorail so no complaints and Avis rental cars did not have the car I had reserved so upgraded me to a BMW cruiser. Although not a jackpot a nice little win. A little bit of a walk to the strip but I probably need the exercise after hitting on of the restaurants. And there are tons of restaurant choices of all types which I sampled and all were quite delicious. Even in the casino I enjoyed myself as I won enough on the slots to keep me playing for a while rather than just throwing money into a bottomless pit. I don't expect to win but at least keep me amused for a while.

Only 1 minor complaint and this is that they tend to be chasing the 20 year old crowd and I don't belong in that age group. I had to watch the endless parade of 20 year old girls in mini skirts heading down to the new night club. It was horrible. Well it felt horrible when the woman beside me on the slots caught me looking and gave me the evil eye. Sorry, I'm only 49. Not quite dead yet.

Will definitely go back here.

Room Tip: join the mailing list and wait for offers for a good price on spa suite.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank jackmacvan2013
Dear jackmacvan2013:

It definitely sounds like you know how to have fun in Las Vegas! Thank you for making MGM Grand your destination of choice on this most recent visit. There really is a lot to see and do, and we appreciate you taking the time to enumerate the many different experiences you had. From exceptional accommodations, to delectable dining options, to the nonstop action in our casinos, there is always something to enjoy at MGM Grand. Thank you providing your feedback, and please come back and see us again soon.

Jamul, California, Usa
Reviewed 13 November 2013

My go to place in Las Vegas. Always try to stay at the MGM Grand as I have never been disappointed with there facility. One of the best pools in Las Vegas. Great Casino, dinning and entertainment. The MGM Grand is a Great value.

Dear John D:

Whether it is for a high powered convention, or a relaxing vacation, we want every stay at MGM Grand to be memorable and worth repeating. Thank you for coming back and enjoying some of the many exciting services and amenities that make our resort the undisputed Entertainment Authority. We know there are a lot of excellent places to choose from in Las Vegas, so our mission is to offer the best value. Your comments are truly encouraging, and we look forward to your return.

Bull Shoals, Arkansas
Reviewed 13 November 2013

My recent stay at the MGM Grand, has to have been one of my best hotel experiences since first visiting over 20 years ago. Not cheap, but you get what you pay for.
The rooms are super clean and comfortable. The staff were first class. If anyone I know asks where to stay in Vegas, be it for a Conference or vacation, I give the MGM Grand a big thumbs up!!!

Dear Peter P:

Thank you so much for your resounding endorsement. Our goal is to make every guest a loyal patron who chooses MGM Grand every time they stay in Las Vegas. We want every guest to recommend us. Comfortable and luxurious accommodations, as well as a staff dedicated to the complete service experience, help our guests feel welcomed and satisfied. We look forward to your return, and we appreciate you sharing your comments.

San Jose, California
Reviewed 13 November 2013

When we first arrived we smelled this horrific perfume smell and realized it was the hotel. If you have sinus issues or allergies stay away as it won't do you any justice. They pour this air freshener out into the hotel/casino to cover up the smoke smell but it doesn't help it just makes it worse. I was excited when I came to Las Vegas for the first time and my experience was that I never want to come back... The room we had was very small and had all modern furniture. I guess it's ok if you like that sort of thing but it wasn't my type of place at all. I only stayed in this hotel for 2 days before switching to The Signature at MGM and now I know why they have the Signature. Much much better and more comfortable and no smoke or perfume and much larger room for the same price. If I could give one tip to this hotel it would be to make more exits. You have to walk from one side of the hotel to the other to exit and get to your room. It would make it easier if you didn't have to go all the way through the hotel to leave. It would be better to have some sort of shortcut and this hotel is HUGE and cross shaped..

1 Thank GenGen71
Dear GenGen71:

Candid feedback like yours helps us to find avenues of improvement and to gauge our performance. We regret that you found our air quality and tobacco smoke reduction measures to be unpleasant. Our intention is to create an atmosphere where every guest, both smoker and nonsmoker, can enjoy their time with us. We utilize powerful ventilation, cleaning, and other methods to make your stay pleasant. We regret that these measures were not fully effective.

We further lament that you found your accommodations unsatisfactory. You mentioned that your room was smaller than you would have preferred. We hope if we are given the opportunity to serve you in the future, we might find you a room or perhaps a suite better suited to your preferences.

Thank you for sharing your comments. While we understand that your time with us was unable to exceed expectations, your insights will help us as we strive to better serve our guests going forward.