“Our second fav”

MGM Grand Hotel and Casino
Ranked #75 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed 8 February 2014

This hotel as the best pool anda little more upbeat than the Venetian ... great selection of restaurants ... the gaming floor rocks and the bridge to ny-ny easy ... will be back ! Close to planet hollywood and a great view of the landing strip in rear rooms ....

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank michael s
MGMGuestExperience, Manager at MGM Grand Hotel and Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2014

Dear Michael s:

With truly impressive amenities like our Grand Pool, fabulous dining options, and atmosphere of fun and excitement, MGM Grand is the true Entertainment Authority. Our convenient Strip location also lets guests explore Las Vegas with ease. Thank you for sharing your comments. We value your patronage and hope you will return soon.

There are newer reviews for MGM Grand Hotel and Casino

Reviewed 8 February 2014

We have stayed at the MGM several times, but this past visit we were disappointed. Upon check in we found out our room was on the first floor. We requested a change but were denied. Once in our room, the blind would not close. With dumpsters, cars, and people passing by we couldn't dress in privacy. A hotel engineer was called to our room, but he could not fix the blind. After another 30 minutes we were finally granted a room change. Though this time we were in a room with two double beds. We missed our dinner reservations, and quite frankly didn't have a great first night.

• Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank TBalthrop

Dear TBalthrop:

We apologize for any inconvenience experienced as a result of the initial room assignment complications you encountered. We further regret any service shortfalls you endured. MGM Grand strives to exceed expectations by providing the finest service and resort amenities available. Unfortunately, in your case, we fell short of our goal. We hope to better serve you in the future.

Reviewed 7 February 2014

This was just a quick weekend getaway for me and the wife. Decided to check out the MGM. The hotel is a bit dated (lobby must be original) but our room was very nice. I have found the service so far to be exceptional though. Jerry at the front desk treated us like royalty. I really appreciated him going the extra mile to make sure we were happy with everything. Show tickets, champagne, and early check in service were all nice unexpected touches. I would have no concerns staying here again unless I wanted to pay for a true 5 star resort experience. As a side note, the wife and I had lunch at the Pub. It was expensive like everything else here but the food and the service was great as well!

Room Tip: I upgraded to a room with a view of the strip. Not sure what the other side would have been like
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Courney B
MGMGuestExperience, Manager at MGM Grand Hotel and Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 8 February 2014

Dear Courney B:

We truly appreciate the chance to serve you during your recent visit to Las Vegas. At MGM Grand, we strive to provide the finest in service and value because your complete satisfaction and enjoyment are important to us. We are so happy you found your visit exceptional. We look forward to your return.

Reviewed 7 February 2014

I stayed at the MGM 02/03/14 to 02/05/14. This is the second time I had an newly refurbished room and they are very nice. I had only a slight problem at check in which may have been my fault. I had one comp night and one rated night and did not hear them if they told me making the reservation that you had to pay the resort fee even on the comp night so it was about $25.00 more than I figured to stay but that is a minor issue, next time I know. My room was extremely clean although I noticed the ice bucket missing. I did not need it so did not worry about it but should have called and let them know in case they thought I took it. I had no problem with the heating etc, did not use the mini bar and the pool of course was closed. I put my belongings in the safe every time I left and had no problems in that area. I ate at the food court and the buffet and had no problems there. It was right after Super Bowl so it really was not that crowded the whole time I was there. Did not do well gambling there but that happens anywhere I go, and I have won there before so no big deal. I really only gave it four stars instead of five because I like to play video poker quite a bit and they really dont have much to offer in the lower denominations anymore like some of the other hotels on the strip. I like to start a little lower and bet up if I am winning so that is my only complaint and you might not care at all. I would stay there again no problem.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo

Dear vgasdude:

Your comments and business are appreciated. We are glad you had a pleasant time, and are grateful for your patience regarding the billing complications you encountered. It sounds like you really enjoyed our newly updated accommodations as well as our fabulous dining establishments. We value your insights and will use them to improve upon the overall guest visit. We look forward to your return to MGM Grand.

Reviewed 7 February 2014

Surprised by some of the poor reviews , we travel for business at least 8 weeks a year, we stay at Fairmont properties in Canada, and boutique properties abroad. This was a Great hotel, great rooms, not smoky in the casino ( I hate smoke) , friendly staff everywhere .Craftsteak was amazing dining ! Very clean, well kept , easy starting point for getting around , cab to the centre of the strip about $10 max. Remember if you book a "cheap deal" expect to get the least convenient and updated room! We stayed on the 27th floor grand wing.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Dear Anne B:

Your insightful comments are truly encouraging. Our objective at MGM Grand is to provide our guests with memorable experiences that will make them want to visit again and again. With exceptional amenities like our highly touted Craftsteak restaurant and beautifully updated accommodations, there is always something at MGM Grand that is sure to impress. We are truly grateful for the opportunity to serve you, and hope you will return soon.

Reviewed 7 February 2014 via mobile

Came to Vegas for my birthday and a concert. Our plans changed because of weather, so we had to change our reservations at the MGM Grand hotel.
When we arrived, our reservation was not there, even though I had called. We got a room, smoking - not what we wanted. The next morning, we went back to the front desk to see about changing rooms. The lady that morning, Ms. Lea, was awesome!! She found a nonsmoking, king room for us, with a view!! Thanks Ms. Lea for making our trip so much better!!

2  Thank h_mac_la

Dear h_mac_la:

Happy birthday! High profile entertainment and the finest service available helps make any stay at MGM Grand a truly memorable experience. We understand complications can impose challenges to many travel plans, so our dedicated team of service professionals is always committed to finding effective solutions that work for our guests. Thank you for sharing your experiences. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 7 February 2014

I was worried that I wouldn't enjoy staying at the MGM because it's so big and when I first arrived I was already thinking I would never stay there again. But by the end of the stay I was saying I couldn't wait to come again. Upon arrival we were upgraded to newly renovated rooms in their Grand Tower so that our party would have rooms close by. Everyone there was so friendly and went out of their way to make sure you were enjoying your stay. Another huge positive of the MGM was that it smelled a lot better (not as smoky) as most of the other hotels/casinos we visited. The beds were also very comfortable! Loved being there for the Super Bowl!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Hilary T

Dear Hilary T:

Thank you for your generous recommendation. MGM Grand is a truly glamorous and spacious resort, with an impressive variety of amenities and attractions. Our mission is to provide exceptional service because we are committed to meeting the individual needs of our guests. We are so glad you enjoyed your time with us, and found our newly updated accommodations well suited to your needs. We appreciate the chance to serve you, and look forward to your return.