“Bed Bugs in the west wing”

MGM Grand Hotel and Casino
Ranked #71 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
“Bed Bugs in the west wing”
Reviewed 17 May 2014

Will never stay here again....Just returned from our stay at MgM and stayed in the west wing and found a bed bug the 1st night we were there. Even though they changed our room and upgraded us to the deluxe tower, it was a horrible experience and completely ruined our trip.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Tammie H
MGMGuestExperience, Manager at MGM Grand Hotel and Casino, responded to this review, 19 May 2014
Dear Tammie H:

Thank you for voicing your concerns. Room cleanliness and guest safety are crucial facets of our service commitment. The mere suggestion of the issues you mentioned is quickly met with an aggressive response to prevent any inconvenience or disconcertment to our guests. As a result, our patrons can rest assured their comfort and well-being are safeguarded when they visit MGM Grand. If you would care to discuss this matter further, feel free to contact our security department at your leisure. We value the complete satisfaction of all our guests, and hope to be a part of your future travel plans.

MGM Grand – Las Vegas

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4,208)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
New Orleans, Louisiana
Reviewed 17 May 2014

Took me 45 minutes to check in after traveling all day to an annual convention at the convention center. Just pay whatever the hotels near the convention center want and don't be tempted by the strip hotels when you are coming for a trade show at the convention center. Or stay downtown at the Golden Nugget.

Took a long walk back to the front desk on day two to replace a key that for some reason would not work and then had to wait 20 minutes.

Halls and casino are loud with piped in music. It's a party hotel and if you are in town for business forget it.

Room Tip: Ask for the closest to the front desk you can get in case your key doesn't work.
Green Features: Didn't notice, Don't care. Please use real pesticides with as many people as you have coming and going.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Tohardtopickaname
MGMGuestExperience, Manager at MGM Grand Hotel and Casino, responded to this review, 18 May 2014
Dear Tohardtopickaname:

Please accept our most sincere apologies for the service delays and room key complications you endured during your recent visit to MGM Grand. We value your business and regret the inconvenience these matters must have caused you. We take the needs of our customers very seriously and understand that timely, efficient service is an important part of guest satisfaction. Your feedback is appreciated, and we will use it to more effectively serve our guests moving forward.

Dunedin, Florida
Reviewed 17 May 2014

I arrived and was immediately welcomed by a staff member. The check-in process was fast and I was in my suite in no time. I was in an Executive King Suite and it was fantastic. There was a ton of room and the bathroom was the most spacious I have ever seen in a hotel. The bed was comfortable and the wing I was in was very peaceful and quiet. The hotel itself is filled with shops, great restaurants and it is probably the best location on the Strip. We used the monorail, which was conveniently located in the hotel, but we could also walk to just about any other resort we wanted to. There were pedestrian bridges to other hotels so no need to go to street level to cross. The food court is great for a quick snack too. The pool was by far the best pool I could have imagined. I never had any issue in finding a place to sit and read while enjoying the great weather and perfect pool temperatures. The staff was always friendly and I had no issues during my stay. There is a whole lot to explore at MGM Grand and it took me a day or so to get my bearings, but once I did it was easy to mange getting around. Don't let the size of this place keep you away. I highly recommend it.

Room Tip: The Executive King Suite is very roomy.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank SirGriffinStromboli
Dear SirGriffinStromboli:

Your enthusiastic recommendation is truly appreciated. MGM Grand offers a host of exciting amenities, attractions, and entertainment options, as well as a prime location on the Las Vegas Strip. This means our guests can stay on property and enjoy a fantastic experience, or go out and explore the city with ease. We are also dedicated to providing the very best in customer service, because exceptional hospitality is our commitment. Thank you for staying with us, and for offering such high praise. We look forward to your return.

San Diego
Reviewed 17 May 2014

We were invited to meet some friends in LV and they were staying at the MGM. I usually dont like mega resorts so I was reluctant to book a room here. When we pulled up to the valet no one came to our car for at least 15 minutes. There was mass confusion at the valet with limos and buses and taxis pulling in and out. Once in the hotel lobby I noticed the lines for check in were really long. There were hundreds of people waiting to check in. i got really lucky to get behind a woman and her daughter who had never been to Vegas and wanted the poor attendant at the check in desk to describe each and every room to them. Why the attendant didnt ask them to step to the side so someone could give them the special tour they needed, I will never know. I overheard them say they wanted the largest suite possible so why not give them special attention if they were going to drop that kind of money? Well no such luck. The woman seemed disappointed with each of his descriptions. She cackled and snorted and proclaimed that these rooms werent good enough! I almost said "there is a Four Seasons up the street and I am sure they will take your money. Finally they booked her into a room and I was able to check in. The attendant apologized and said is there anything I can do to make this up to you?" I said "yeah a free night would be nice." We settled on a free buffet. We got our keys and headed off to our room. It seemed like it was 5 miles from the check in desk. Once in our room I plopped myself on our bed and said "where is the scotch?" The room was nothing special. I could see the airport and the other wings of this behemoth hotel from our window. We got dressed for dinner and made the trek to the restaurant to meet our friends. We had a nice dinner and then went to the table games. This is one of the largest casinos on the planet. i think they said it is the length of two football fields. I got separated from my wife and our friends and decided to play some cards on my own. After a while I decided to try to find my wife and could not get any cell reception in the casino. I must have walked around the casino three times looking for them when finally my wife tapped me on my shoulder and said "we have been looking all over for you!" That pretty much did it for me. I told everyone that I was tired and wanted to turn in. They knew I was not happy and that was it for our night. Everything about this place seems overdone and too big for comfort. It is not the fault of the hotel. Some people like to stay in these small cities that call themselves hotels. They like to walk thousands of yards to find their room and then thousands of yards to go to dinner. I do not. I wont be staying here again.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Gene2459:

We regret your recent experiences here at MGM Grand felt unsatisfactory. Please know the delays you encountered at hotel registration are not reflective of our commitment to provide timely service to our guests. Your insights help us to evaluate our performance in this area. While we offer a spacious resort filled with a wide array of amenities and attractions, we also strive to provide the attentive customer service our guests deserve. We want the impressions our patrons form to be wholly positive and enjoyable. When they are not, we seek remedies to better accommodate the specific needs of our guests. We hope for the chance to provide you the resort destination experience you deserve.

Athens, Greece
Reviewed 17 May 2014 via mobile

The place is awesome. You have no reason to leave the resort. A bit of everything in great quality. Big, very comfort room, great services, very polite people, tasty food. The spa was very nice as well. Been there for 5 days and really enjoyed it

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Dear GeorgeSpan:

There is so much to experience here at MGM Grand. Many of our guests feel as you do, and never bother to venture out when they stay with us. We provide the complete resort destination experience, with unmatched amenities, service, and entertainment. We are truly grateful for your business, and look forward to sharing another amazing visit the next time you are in Las Vegas.

Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 17 May 2014

This was our first stay at MGM after spending several trips at Excalibur. We had a mini-King room. It was smaller than we thought it would be. There was not a lot of counter space in the bathroom area and the shower door leaked onto the floor like crazy due to a bad door design. We laughed that there was a phone next to the toilet. Guess it's important to do business while.... doing your business. Or something.

That said, there's a lot to like about this hotel. The pool area is amazing. There's a lot of food choices in the hotel, including the food court, several cafes and the buffet. We would definitely stay here again.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jenkinsonmike
Dear jenkinsonmike:

At MGM Grand, we offer many different types of rooms and suites to accommodate the varying preferences of our guests. We regret you found your particular room unsuitable to your specific travel needs. We would also like to apologize for the in-room maintenance issues you endured. Rest assured we will address these matters moving forward.

Despite the challenges you faced, it would seem you had a fabulous time enjoying attractions like our Grand Pool complex, and our impressive selection of dining options. We appreciate your feedback, and look forward to serving you again soon.

New Castle, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 17 May 2014

staying at the mgm in las vegas from may 13 to may 17 was a great experience, the food options were good but if you like water the 4 pools and lazy river by far are great. the palm trees aeound the pools give a great tropical setting .
the grand buffet breakfast buffet was very good and if uou are there after 10 am its a brunch , alot of food to please all appetites!!
the rooms were very well stocked and the beds were very comfortable.
will be going back to stay again

Room Tip: rooms on back side of hotel are quiet
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Frank L:

Your encouraging comments indicate that our efforts to provide enjoyable and memorable Las Vegas resort destination experiences are proving successful. MGM Grand boasts a wide array of delightful attractions, such as our Grand Pool complex, as well as many exceptional dining options. We also offer accommodations that have been recently renovated to provide a fabulous level of comfort and relaxation for our guests. We appreciate your comments, and look forward to serving you again soon.