“Welcome to Vegas”

Ranked #71 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Winter Springs, Florida
“Welcome to Vegas”
Reviewed 13 June 2014

Welcome to Vegas. Stayed at the MGM on my first trip to Vegas. The hotel was very busy, but the staff did a great job at check in and servicing the room. The hotel overall was nice and the pool was amazing! The only cons would be that the water pressure was not great in the shower and that most all bar service was very slow, especially at the pool.

Room Tip: High floors are nice, especially ones with strip view. They are smoking floors though.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4,208)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Indiana, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 13 June 2014

My family has just returned from our first visit to Las Vegas. I booked 3 Tower Spa Suites way back in March at $95 a room. When we first arrived I was overwhelmed just trying to find my way into the parking garage. After finally parking the rental car (which by the way was a brand new 5 passenger Chevy Impala I rented at EZ car rental for a total of $104 for 4 days with unlimited milage!) we made our way into the hotel. This was a Sunday afternoon and the queue line was huge. We waited out turn in line and in a reasonable amount of time it was our turn to check in. The lady at the end of the queue line who was assigning you to an agent sent us to the "Stay Well Lounge" (?) to check in there. Everything slowed down in the private check in area. There were only two hotel agents and we were the only people checking in there. The process was beyond amazing. Ramona, the hotel agent checking us in, made us feel immediately at home. There was no pressure to complete the check in process. In fact, she just talked to us about our trip for a good 10 minutes even before she pulled up our reservations. After seeing that we booked 3 Spa Suites she made sure we were able to have them all on the same floor. Not only that, but all three suites had a great view of the strip from the 18th floor. After completing the check in process, she talked to us for another 10 minutes or more giving us advice on where to go, and what to see. During this whole time we were the only family in the Lounge. If everything after this would of been bad, I was still so impressed I would of given a positive review. No problem there! Our rooms were great. The hotel staff was awesome. They took the time to answer questions from us newbies and didn't make us feel stupid for asking. The hotel is so large it took us a while to navigate, but once we got our bearings we were fine. The pool complex was amazing. With temperatures in the mid 100's, and the hotel full, there was still room at the pool to relax. We were even surprised on our first night with champagne and chocolate covered strawberries. Who does that? Overall I would say this was by far the best I have ever been treated at a hotel. Even losing money in the casino didn't dull the experience! We will visit again next year. I am sure we will not be lucky enough to check in at the Stay Well Lounge, but even with that aside, it was still an amazing experience. We can't wait. Thanks MGM Grand!

Room Tip: be clueless like us, it works!
5 Thank randyr15748
Fairbanks, Alaska
Reviewed 13 June 2014

Always like the MGM, however this time, housekeeping didn't do a very good job, and that was disappointing. We ate at several of the restaurants; including the new Hecho. Prices were a little high for Mexican food. Ate at the buffet, that was a very good value for breakfast. As we also ate at Avenue 24; and I have issues with having to pay $20 for basic breakfast with coffee. Pool was excellent, always able to find good chairs. We have been staying at this property for over 10 years, still love it.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with the strip view.
Leeds
Reviewed 13 June 2014 via mobile

Great location, pool is fantastic special thanks to Michelle the waitress by the pool always knew when we needed a top up but not pushy!

Good choice or bars and restaurants to suit every budget

Loved beachers madhouse too! Well worth a visit!

Room was really modern and clean not huge but we were only in there to sleep and get ready!!

Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Gilbert, Arizona
Reviewed 13 June 2014

We were with a large group of people and the Toilet Door did not work- due to having very large lines and the number of people we were with I did not go all the way back down to the Lobby or call for a repair man and change of room. I guess I should have called and delayed my time with the family to get a repair man scheduled. When I called Customer Service after my return they were very rude and basically told me they could offer me nothing because it was my fault that I did not call them when I was there. My Bad... guess I will not stay with you again.

Alexandra Headland, Australia
Reviewed 13 June 2014 via mobile

Great location and really modern and clean rooms. Hotel is very large so expect to walk quite a way to get to room and pool, and showers take an extremely long time to heat up. But overall, great spot and we had a comfortable (and quiet) sleep. Food court also has some yum places to eat (taco place).

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
County Mayo, Ireland
Reviewed 13 June 2014

This hotel was fab! it has everything you want when you are going to Vegas. I liked the fact that it was modern and clean. It is huge, so be prepared for a little walk but all hotels seem to be the same! Only ate in the Starbucks in the MGM as everywhere else seemed really expensive. One night we treated ourselves to a nice dinner in a pub in the New York New York Hotel called Nine Fine Irishmen - I would certainly recommend the food and wait on for the music downstairs - a great night had!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple