“An enjoyable experience”

Ranked #72 of 262 Hotels in Las Vegas
Hebden Bridge, United Kingdom
“An enjoyable experience”
Reviewed 15 June 2014

It was my first trip to Vegas and MGM made it great.. The room was nice ,clean and spacious. Downstairs in casino is good. I would recommend the little bars inside the hotel which are good to get nice drinks whilst having a little flutter. I would make a point though of suggesting to go across the walkway to New York New York to the piano bar!! Fabulous.. The only negative comment about this hotel is check in.... Absolutely terrible... The worst queue for check in I have ever dealt with. It was like queuing at the security gate in the airport. I would have thought that a hotel of this size would have a better system in place.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4,231)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Carlsbad, California
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Great facilities, we had an elegant room. What made us happy is that they gave us a free upgrade. We ate at Shibuya and what blew our minds is that we ordered a salad that sat on top of a glass bowl with water and a live goldfish! I will always remember that:)

1 Thank 495Mary
Sheffield
Reviewed 15 June 2014

I stayed at the MGM on the second week of my Vegas trip after spending the first week at Caesars Palace. The two experiences couldn't have been more of a contrast, in terms of the attitude of the staff and the quality of the rooms.

Firstly the reception lady could not have been more helpful and friendly. She gave me a superb room and plenty of advice on local amenities. She allowed me to check in early and really made a very good first impression on behalf the hotel.

I stayed in the Grand Tower and my room was modern, clean, comfortable with a fantastic view.

The facilities of the hotel are second to none, with excellent restaurants, food court, casino floor and amazing pool area.

The monorail at the hotel is handy for exploring further up strip, and the bus service stops directly outside.

I couldn't recommend this hotel highly enough.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Tone09
Toronto, Ontario
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Stayed at the MGM Grand for only a few nights during this visit - tried another hotel for the earlier portion of our stay. Have stayed here on other occasions and loved it - but it seems that they are slipping a little. The staff this time was not at all friendly - they did not make you feel welcome, and in fact made you feel somewhat like you were "putting them out". I would certainly stay here again, as I would like to believe we just hit them at an "off" time, but it was a bit of a let down during this trip.

Royal Wootton Bassett, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Stayed here in March 2014. Have been to Vegas before but not at the MGM Grand.

The pool was fantastic. Lots of choice around levels of noise and how much shade you wanted to have access too. Was great having the monorail in the resort to get up the strip if you didn't fancy the walk - only a couple of dollars too! There is lots of walking inside the MGM, but you are staying in a resort, so should expect this.

Food court was good. Wide selection of choice including the usual fast food chains but good healthy choices too. Was never over busy, but steady flow of people. Also ate at the Buffett one morning for breakfast. I thought this was expensive at $35 per person if you are a small portion eater. If you eat lots however, it is great value. The quality of the food was very good, the turnaround did not feel rushed and the range was insane. My male and hungover co-travellers thought it was brilliant.

We stayed in the West Wing, which was a trek from reception, but soon discovered an alternative entrance, lobby and lift! The rooms were a good size, modern, clean - exactly what you would expect from a hotel like this.

Staff were all lovely, willing to help (thank you to Anna at the main Starbucks for dealing with my weird drink requests and making a suggestion to improve it!).

A good all round resort - exactly as expected :-)

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Yongin, South Korea
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Good location, but not a good service. Room is quite good. Swimming pool is okay.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank boona82
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 15 June 2014

I really wanted to stay in the staywell suite to see the range of special features that it had. We were only there for one night though so I feel maybe we would have benefited from the if we had stayed longer.

For the one night I dont think it was worth it. We used the Vitamin C infused shower and the special light in the bathroom however I didnt notice any effect.
The black out curtains were great however last time I stayed in Vegas at the New York New York I didnt have any issues with the sun anyway.
The air purifier we didnt notice and the gradual wake up clock was hard to program.

Again perhaps we would have noticed the effects more if we had stayed for longer however I wont bother paying the extra next time for this room.

The hotel itself was nice to stay at though.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends