“GREAT GETAWAY”

Ranked #71 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Lithonia, Georgia
“GREAT GETAWAY”
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Great experience....Slept so peaceful after partying. I love the fact that I could make the room dark. The ambiance was so soothing. After partying all night, I was able to come to my room without having the sun shining in and I was able to sleep peacefully. Room service was off the chain. Loved the hospitality I received.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Sandra G

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4,205)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Orange, Texas
Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

The check in line is crazy; I waited for 40 minutes in line but was impressed at how well the check in staff handled the line. The room was great, very cozy. Shower was amazing for a hotel shower. Parking was simple. Lots of food choices in and around the resort.

Stayed July 2014
2 Thank Beth G
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 16 July 2014

We have stayed at the MGM several times . This time desk check in was not helpful at all , the second day they we were out of room until like 5 pm and room service still had not cleaned room called room service and I was told that they were sold out and they would not get to our room until midnight . Not very good customer service for $260.00 a night

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Waterguide69
Reviewed 16 July 2014

I reserved a room at the MGM Grand Las Vegas the weekend of the Alvarez vs. Lara fight. The first thing I want to mention is that I never been in Vegas before or dealt with a hotel that has an extensive line to get to the front desk. Even so the line moved quite fast even though the front desk went from being completely filled to only having four or five at the front desk. I understand it might of been time for a shift change or something else so I'm not complaining.

Additionally, after I was given a room key and made it to my room it looked like it was still occupied. I feared that I was going to have to get in line again, but after using one of the numerous phones they have placed around that call they were able to give us a new room on the spot and I didn't even have to get my keys reprogrammed..

With the amount of people that were here during fight weekend I was expecting the worst when it came the service, but it wasn't the case and I'm happy with the service. My only grips is that it only take about five minutes to get to the MGM from the airport in a taxi, but it's take about 30 to 45 minutes to check-in. The fact that my room was still occupied was another grip even though it was quickly resolved. The room issue goes into my last grip which is the elevator setup, I understand the setup but I think it could be done better.

Please understand I still enjoyed the hotel and is in a great location to the strip and the airport. I would recommend it to anyone, but be ready to deal the initial things before you can be comfortable.

Room Tip: Make sure to look for deals through Vegas.com
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Rodney S
Lincolnshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

Arrived on a Sunday afternoon. Stress free flight and short transfer to MGM. confronted with a queue that snaked back on itself 8 times for the many check in positions. Took over an hour to reach the front. No assistance with luggage available. Rooms nice but when returning at 6pm from from round the pool still not cleaned. Pool area really crowded. Serving staff struggled to cope. last here in 1995 when it was big but coping. Now it has three more tower blocks and like a beached whale is suffocating under its own bulk. On the good side. Rooms were big comfy and cheap. check out was a mere 15 minute queue. Check resort credits have been deducted, they don't show on your bill at all and only one of our two days credits had been deducted. You can't check this on the online tv or fast check out. I guess you get what you pay for.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Ian B
Norwalk, California
Reviewed 15 July 2014

it was great the rooms are excelent clean the service beautiful nice machines we lost but we dont care we have lot's of fun just walk out side see the show lots of casinos we love'it and the food is excelent and not to expensive if we go to have fun and relax we don't pay no mind to the girls and boys liveing the crazy life

Room Tip: go late evenning not to manny people to check in take the rooms at the south side quieter
Green Features: love'it we share our thoughts to all our friens if u go to las vegas to stay more than one day dont dought go to the grand hotel u will like'it no smoke good food excelent rooms good view nice machines excelent service and much more.......
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank maria r
Renton, Washington, Usa
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Our Casino host is the best, his name is Russell Cleveland and when he knew that due to a fight weekend my wife and I were going to be slightly downgraded in our suite category, he emailed me in advance. I loved the communication so that I was not surprised. Then upon arrival he sent us a gift box of snacks for the inconvenience. That is awesome service. If anyone is looking to go to Las Vegas anytime soon, I highly recommend the MGM Grand,

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family