“Loved the pool complex!”

MGM Grand Hotel and Casino
Ranked #75 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed 21 August 2014

Very nice hotel. It was centrally located which was great since our friends were at the New York New York. Friendly staff and decent price. The pools were the best part. Spent the whole day tanning, drinking and swimming.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Sabrina B
There are newer reviews for MGM Grand Hotel and Casino

Reviewed 21 August 2014

I was very impressed with this hotel. I chose to stay in an Executive King Room for my trip, the room was huge with 2 enormous windows that looked out towards the stratosphere. The room had the most comfortable king bed, huge closet, big tv, a living area with a sofa and chair and a large bathroom with 2 sinks, a small bath with overhead shower and a separate shower cubicle. Everything appeared to be very new in the room with no signs of any wear and tear. Considering we were in Vegas, my room was quiet. The hotel is big and so be prepared to walk some distance from the strip entrances to get to your room. The pool area was lovely and well maintained. All the communal areas of the hotel were equally clean and the lobby had the nicest smell!! The only negative point was that the queue for check in took over an hour, although I have to say I didn't see the queue that long again during our stay so perhaps there was a problem? I would stay in the MGM Grand again and would definitely choose the Executive King Room, it was well worth the little bit extra to have such a fabulous room!

Room Tip: The higher floors have much better views.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Sweep33
Reviewed 21 August 2014

I booked a "good deal" on Priceline for my Anniversary at the MGM Grand, not so grand. After booking, I realized that our room was 350 sq ft... OK, we didn't stay in our room much, but I honestly felt like I was back in college- the good ol dorm room! Our shower leaked, flooded, every single time we turned it on. The floor of the shower was peeling- not to mention it was painted bricks! I'm sure the pricier rooms are nice, at least I hope. The location is nice, easy to use the walkways for access to NY NY, Excalibur, Luxor, almost anywhere. Next time, we will most likely stay at one of those hotels. The rooms are much larger, cheaper, and by far nicer than what we had. Another great choice is The Mandalay Bay- THE Hotel- we stayed there a couple of years ago, the room was first class, as well as the view. I won't be going staying at the MGM again, take my advice, choose an expensive room, or go elsewhere.

• Stayed: August 2014
2  Thank Caylorqueen1
Reviewed 21 August 2014

The MGM hotel is amazing! In prime spot on the Vegas strip, fantastic hotel rooms that are HUGE and all of the food options you could think of! Definitely need to visit this place in your lifetime. Incredible !

• Stayed: February 2014
2  Thank Lauren D
Reviewed 21 August 2014

Getting through immigration into America was easier than checking into the MGM grand. Once in the room is standard with no tea or coffee making facilities. Aircon was awesome and I could have played with the automatic blinds no end, a propper James Bond Moment! Great to see amble usb sockets so you can charge i devices etc. The wifi in the room was excellent.

It is like staying in a hotel in a film. Great views, potential for memories and all things American but that is where it stops. Everything you eat and drink purchased in the hotel costs loads more than out on the strip. Although breakfast in the cafe was ok.

I was at the wonderful barbershop convention and the deadly Vegas voice crept in. On request the hotel provided a humidifier for my room and ample supply of distilled water free of charge.

Las Vegas is expensive on a whole, but bars in the MGM grand are more so. Be prepared to spend. When it is hot outside it can be chilly in the hotel. There is a great shop for water called the Grand Canyon Gift store on the strip (exit near Jungle Cafe). Water is a third of the cost. The food court is OK.

The hotel has its own fragrance, you will come away smelling of it. People smoke inside and it is possible to get lost.

Be advised a number of my com-padres were accosted by working type ladies on the premises.

Other than that you are going to stay at the MGM Grand! I had a desert view and watched the Janet Flights take off in the morning. Las Vegas is fun but expensive. The $20 dollar upgrade system worked here.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank David K
Reviewed 21 August 2014

We stayed at this hotel in the summer for 3 nights at the end of a fabulous USA trip. This hotel is really lovely, the bedroom was a fabulous size and very clean, very quiet as well considering the amount of 18-30 years old that were in the hotel. We are in our 40s and I personally felt that the casino was just too busy with masses of young people, I was having a great time people watching! I liked this hotel, but felt for me it was just too big, the casino is just absolutely huge! I would stay here again, but my personal taste is the Monte Carlo as it's smaller and more like a home from home. We ate at a couple of the restaurants in the MGM and they were really nice but very pricey. It was handy to have a Starbucks on-site but do not go at peak times as the queue of people was out onto the casino floor. If you are 18-30, young and beautiful and in a group, then this is the hotel for you, just one big party.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank McKenzie68
Reviewed 21 August 2014

My husband and I just returned from three nights at the MGM Grand. We stay here every time we visit Vegas, which has been at least once a year for the past five years. Normally, The Hubs books our room. This time I did, prompted by an email for MLife members. They were offering a VERY good rate ($90/night), so I jumped on it, especially because it was for my husbands birthday.

We ended up (for the first time) in the West Wing. We only stayed in that room one night - from about 5pm on Sunday until they could move us into the Grand Tower at 9am. One night was plenty.

Here's what we learned: The West Wing rooms are the economy rooms. They don't actually come out and say this, and this is why I am here writing this review. I don't recommend this room. There is no privacy to the bathroom and shower - it's almost like a studio apartment without the kitchen. You can hear everything that happens in the bathroom, bc it's not a separate room! The Hubs and I do not roll like that. We like our bathroom privacy.

We had an iron, but no ironing board. Very small safe. No bathtub. And our room happened to be on the ground floor with a view of a parking lot. As in, actual cars parked right outside our window. Super romantic, you guys. (kidding)

Also, the West Wing is very far from the casino. It really is quite a walk if you are planning to spend your time at the MGM casino. It is very convenient to the Rainforest Cafe, and the walkways to New York, New York and Excalibur. So, there's that.

We were very thankful to be moved to the Grand Tower, floor 15. From then on, everything was golden. We LOVE the lazy river, and found the buffet and restaurants (especially Wolfgang Puck) to be excellent as usual.

We will continue to be MGM regulars, but always in the Grand Tower, not the West Wing.

Room Tip: Always reserve a tower room, not the West Wing.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple