“Quiet and clean”

Motel 6 Las Vegas - Boulder Highway
Ranked #211 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed 20 June 2013 via mobile

Stayed one nite and was pleasantly surprised. The room was clean and the staff was obliging. No musty smell and although the bathroom was small it was clean and no sign of mold at all. Would stay again.

• Stayed: June 2013

Reviewed 15 February 2013

Do not stay at this hotel. Given the price and the location, we booked two nights via their website (with a confirmation number stating that we had reserved TWO nights). Check in went fine and we were issued room keys. The quality of the room was okay.

However, on the afternoon of day two, we returned to our room to find that our keycard did not work. We went to the front desk to be reissued a working room key, where we were told that we had not paid for the second night and thus our luggage and personal items had been confiscated, AND WOULD NOT BE AVAILABLE UNTIL THE NEXT MORNING.

The front desk clerk was unbelievable rude when we tried to reason with him concerning both our luggage and our reservation. The non-standard policy of daily re-registration and payment was not known to us, but the desk clerk's reply was that we "should have asked if there were any non-standard policies." He was really, amazingly rude.

After a lengthy and upsetting ordeal trying to contact housekeeping to open the storage closet where our luggage and personal items had been put, we were able to get our items back. Needless to say, we did not renew our registration for the following night.

When we got home, and I am not making this up, my wife discovered that $70 of makeup was missing from her makeup bag which had been closed the morning of the Motel 6 incident.

(When we told the hotel general manager, as well as Motel 6 corporate customer relations of our ordeal, they sent unhelpful, canned replies of essentially, "sorry you had a bad stay." We've stayed at a lot of hotels, and this was by far the worst hotel experience of our lives.)

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Dan C
Reviewed 5 October 2012

Spent one night in this large motel, smallish room with no fridge, but nice and clean next door to a casino, small pool, not so quiet if your room is near the busy road at the front, ok for the price and close to all the attraction's, would stay again if in the area.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank CheshireDenise
Reviewed 21 June 2012

As with most Motel 6's you really want to look around at the inside and outside before you commit to staying there. I did that here and was very happy to see parking lot security, a clean pool, and a very comfortable 2nd floor room overlooking my vehicle. I was towing a u-haul trailer and needed a good size spot to park. Motel 6 came through on all accounts. Also it was a little bonus that I won about $200 at the casino next door. Paid for the room, breakfast, and filled the tank !!!

Room Tip: ask to see the room first
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Cpjules
Reviewed 10 August 2011

Took a last minute Vegas trip on a very busy weekend!
Ended up here as everywhere else was sold out or the rates were way too high. The guy who checked me in was friendly.
Upon entering the room, it appeared clean and smelled clean. I thought I would inpect the bed for bugs, first thing I found on a pillow was a small bug!! Ugh, just my luck! Not sure what it was..
I went back down to the office and told the front desk agent. He was nice and said he would send housekeeping to spray the room or I could get my money back if I decided not to stay there. They were sold out and wouldn't have a problem selling the room, I imagine.
Anyway, I didn't want to deal with looking for a room on a busy weekend so we ended up staying there hoping we wouldn't take any bugs home. At the end of the night I was soo tired nothing mattered! I slept like a baby.. lol.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Cin C
Reviewed 21 December 2010

We found this location to be friendly & we do appreciate being able to bring our pet with us. I would however recommend that you install recepticals for pet waste. then perhaps more pet owners would poop & scoop.

Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 April 2010

We stayed on the 2nd floor and every time someone walked past or up or down the stairs, even though they were quiet, the room/beds rocked like there was an earthquake and I leapt outta bed a couple times the first night (2nd and 3rd night I would still awaken but didnt panic). The upper walkways are very unlevel and wonky. As another previous poster put it 'seems like the second floor is about to give way" (paraphrased). We requested that housekeeping does not come during our stay, yet twice they still came and so my son's teddy bear (who was still sleeping in the bed) went for a ride with the linens until he was finally found. The lady at the front desk went way out of her way to make sure Bear was back in my son's arms by bed time (this was the only good encounter.) Then the 2nd day, my husband's very special autographed T-shirt went for a ride with the linens also. I distinctly remember it getting tossed and tussled in the bed. It has yet to be found. I do not recommend staying here. I wish I had read these reviews before we had stayed there. We are frequent (3-4 times a month) Motel 6 visitors, just never again at this location for sure.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with family