“tread carefully here”

Ranked #194 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Arlee, Montana
“tread carefully here”
Reviewed 13 November 2013

I stayed in this Motel 6 recently because the clutch went out in my RV and I was stranded. I travel with my dogs which makes finding lodging a bit of a challenge in Las Vegas on a busy weekend. As it was a Friday afternoon, I needed a room until the following Monday when my RV would be ready. I went to the front desk Saturday morning to ask if I could extend my stay and was told the motel was completely booked and 7 people would have to cancel for a room to become available for me. I asked the woman at the front desk (who shall remain nameless) to please hold a room for me should one become available and she told me she would not have any information until 6:00 P.M. Not really wanting to wait until after 6:00 to know if they would "leave a light on for me", I went about trying to find lodgings that were pet friendly and found a room in another motel. I admit that I neglected to call the woman at Motel 6 and let her know I no longer needed a room, a huge mistake as it turned out. The following morning about 9:00 I was able to make online reservations for the Motel 6 for Sunday night. At 3:00 in the afternoon I received a "courtesy call" from the Motel 6 informing me I was on a "do not rent" list. I asked why and was told "we don't even have to give you a reason" which I didn't think was very courteous. So I called the Motel 6 customer service line and spoke with them. They called the Motel 6 and were told that the reason was that "there were items missing from the room". The list of reasons a manager can put a customer on the "no rent list" probably does not include "did not call back to inform us she no longer needed a room". So she decided instead to accuse me of theft. I take this accusation very seriously as I am not, nor have I ever been, a thief. I filed a complaint with the Motel 6 corporate headquarters which I will continue to follow so that others who may inadvertently anger the staff at this Motel 6 are not wrongly accused of theft.

Room Tip: no pet fee
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank Janna S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Miami
Reviewed 25 September 2013

I stayed here on one of my motorcycle trips from Miami. Stayed in room 177. Great room loation for motorcycles because kind of around the corner of the building and all parking spots right in front of rooms.
They just remodeled, so new laminate wood floors, new beds, new flatscreen TV's. The area is a little shadey but the Motel itself is really well lit and a big wall all around so feels very safe. I even went out at 430 am because I was still on Miami time and went for a Starbucks and there was a security guy out here walking around.

Room Tip: Room 177 was great.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Patrkbukly
Belfast
Reviewed 19 September 2013

Only stayed 1 night on the road to Vegas. My room was clean and comfortable, I used their laundry facilities without any problems. Staff were helpful & friendly. For the price I consider it a good place to use, I would have no worries about staying again. If you wisg to eat the casino next door served up a very good dinner at reasonable prices

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Aarhus, Denmark
Reviewed 19 July 2013

This motel is not a good place to stay! The rooms are very small and dirty and you hear every sound! The towels and the carpets was very dirty! It is a strange neighborhood - and the staff are not very friendly. The first night four police men came and were searching for some one - with their guns raised! Later the same night, we were all woken by a screaming and hysterically crying woman - who kept going i 1/2 hour - and the police came again. And again there was a lot of strange activity going on among a big group of men - who drove back and forth all night!
The only good things is that it was cheap - 44/night for three adults and two children.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank mette m
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 Las Vegas - Boulder Highway, responded to this review, 22 July 2013
Dear mette m - We sincerely apologize for the cleanliness and service issues you encountered, as well as the disturbances you experienced during your recent stay. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us; please consider contacting our guest relations department to report your experience: 1-800-557-3435.

Travellers are raving about these Las Vegas hotels

Bullhead City
Reviewed 20 June 2013 via mobile

Stayed one nite and was pleasantly surprised. The room was clean and the staff was obliging. No musty smell and although the bathroom was small it was clean and no sign of mold at all. Would stay again.

• Stayed June 2013
San Diego, California
Reviewed 15 February 2013

Do not stay at this hotel. Given the price and the location, we booked two nights via their website (with a confirmation number stating that we had reserved TWO nights). Check in went fine and we were issued room keys. The quality of the room was okay.

However, on the afternoon of day two, we returned to our room to find that our keycard did not work. We went to the front desk to be reissued a working room key, where we were told that we had not paid for the second night and thus our luggage and personal items had been confiscated, AND WOULD NOT BE AVAILABLE UNTIL THE NEXT MORNING.

The front desk clerk was unbelievable rude when we tried to reason with him concerning both our luggage and our reservation. The non-standard policy of daily re-registration and payment was not known to us, but the desk clerk's reply was that we "should have asked if there were any non-standard policies." He was really, amazingly rude.

After a lengthy and upsetting ordeal trying to contact housekeeping to open the storage closet where our luggage and personal items had been put, we were able to get our items back. Needless to say, we did not renew our registration for the following night.

When we got home, and I am not making this up, my wife discovered that $70 of makeup was missing from her makeup bag which had been closed the morning of the Motel 6 incident.

(When we told the hotel general manager, as well as Motel 6 corporate customer relations of our ordeal, they sent unhelpful, canned replies of essentially, "sorry you had a bad stay." We've stayed at a lot of hotels, and this was by far the worst hotel experience of our lives.)

• Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Dan C
cheshire
Reviewed 5 October 2012

Spent one night in this large motel, smallish room with no fridge, but nice and clean next door to a casino, small pool, not so quiet if your room is near the busy road at the front, ok for the price and close to all the attraction's, would stay again if in the area.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family