“Awful” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #196 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Mudjimba, Australia
“Awful”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2014

Dirty lobby, dirty staff, stained bedspread and sheets, no hair dryer, tiny cardboard towels, no shampoo, no iron, free coffee? Had to pay for WiFi on top of it. Took a chance because it looked clean from the outside. Too tired and late to find something else. Over $70 wasted.

Room Tip: By pass this one. Boulder Station probably better value right next door.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Davies141

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Port Talbot, Wales, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2014

Me and my partner stayed here for one night as we were looking for something cheap last minute. We had been traveling around California and stayed at many motels, but this one was the worst.
The bedding had not been changed, it had stains all over it. I could see dark stains on the bed, and when I pulled back the sheet it looked like blood stains that they thought they could cover up with a sheet. The towels had not been washed either, full of stains and hair!

I could go on but in all the motel was filthy.
The guy on the front desk was helpful and pleasant though.
Just down the road there is another Motel 6, which seems to have better reviews.

Positives: WiFi and cable tv in the rooms

• Stayed February 2014
3 Thank Natasha M
Motel6, Owner at Motel 6 Las Vegas - Boulder Highway, responded to this review, 25 February 2014
Dear Natasha M,

We apologize for the linen & towel cleanliness issues you experienced during your stay and for the inconvenience they caused you. Please contact our Guest Relations department so we will have a record of your experience to better address these issues and improve your experience with us in the future: 1-800-577-3435.

Travellers are raving about these Las Vegas hotels

Tamborine Mountain, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2013

We've stayed here before as it's the closest Motel 6 to the Las Vegas Speedway.
The staff in the front office are great, they couldn't be any more helpful.
The place was being repainted while we were there and apart from a few swear words from the painters ( I would of if I just dropped my paint brush in the sand) it didn't interfere with our stay.
If your a non smoker avoid walking around on the Boulder Station side of the motel, I guess that's were they the smoking rooms are located.
I think you can judge the kind of people staying in the motel by the cars in the parking spaces, they ranged from Corvettes and Mustangs to rusty pickups, nuff said.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Las Vegas, Nevada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2013

The rooms are very nicely done. Simple and very clean. I live in Vegas and the area is fine, right next to Boulder Station. Can't beat the price, 50 bucks on a weekend day and 43 bucks on a week day. They need alarm clocks and a small fridge would be better though.It was very quiet, which I liked. No complaints here

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Arlee, Montana
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 November 2013

I stayed in this Motel 6 recently because the clutch went out in my RV and I was stranded. I travel with my dogs which makes finding lodging a bit of a challenge in Las Vegas on a busy weekend. As it was a Friday afternoon, I needed a room until the following Monday when my RV would be ready. I went to the front desk Saturday morning to ask if I could extend my stay and was told the motel was completely booked and 7 people would have to cancel for a room to become available for me. I asked the woman at the front desk (who shall remain nameless) to please hold a room for me should one become available and she told me she would not have any information until 6:00 P.M. Not really wanting to wait until after 6:00 to know if they would "leave a light on for me", I went about trying to find lodgings that were pet friendly and found a room in another motel. I admit that I neglected to call the woman at Motel 6 and let her know I no longer needed a room, a huge mistake as it turned out. The following morning about 9:00 I was able to make online reservations for the Motel 6 for Sunday night. At 3:00 in the afternoon I received a "courtesy call" from the Motel 6 informing me I was on a "do not rent" list. I asked why and was told "we don't even have to give you a reason" which I didn't think was very courteous. So I called the Motel 6 customer service line and spoke with them. They called the Motel 6 and were told that the reason was that "there were items missing from the room". The list of reasons a manager can put a customer on the "no rent list" probably does not include "did not call back to inform us she no longer needed a room". So she decided instead to accuse me of theft. I take this accusation very seriously as I am not, nor have I ever been, a thief. I filed a complaint with the Motel 6 corporate headquarters which I will continue to follow so that others who may inadvertently anger the staff at this Motel 6 are not wrongly accused of theft.

Room Tip: no pet fee
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank Janna S
Miami
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2013

I stayed here on one of my motorcycle trips from Miami. Stayed in room 177. Great room loation for motorcycles because kind of around the corner of the building and all parking spots right in front of rooms.
They just remodeled, so new laminate wood floors, new beds, new flatscreen TV's. The area is a little shadey but the Motel itself is really well lit and a big wall all around so feels very safe. I even went out at 430 am because I was still on Miami time and went for a Starbucks and there was a security guy out here walking around.

Room Tip: Room 177 was great.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Patrkbukly
Belfast
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2013

Only stayed 1 night on the road to Vegas. My room was clean and comfortable, I used their laundry facilities without any problems. Staff were helpful & friendly. For the price I consider it a good place to use, I would have no worries about staying again. If you wisg to eat the casino next door served up a very good dinner at reasonable prices

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple