“rok las vegas”

GreenLeadersGold level
los angeles
“rok las vegas”
Reviewed 4 January 2012

i went to this place on friday december 30,2011 around 2am the security checked my id and i thought i put my purse into my bigger bag but i didn't. turned out it fell according to some guy that he says he saw the security take my purse, since i noticed my smaller purse was missing 30seconds after they checked my id, i noticed my purse was missing while i was still in front of the security...which makes me to believe that they picked pocketed me if anything. its not about the money but my id, they took away my chance to show my friends a nice holiday in vegas and at my fave spot out of all of vegas for that matter even, new york new york, i just feel very disappointed by my most fave hotel in vegas

2 Thank asaindoll

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3,259)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Hawaii
Reviewed 4 January 2012

We had a great time, We loved Chin Chin, and usually Il Fornaio is awesome but the service was awful the one time we went this trip so we didn't return. The only thing I remember being annoying with was the bombardment of country music. It was playing on the casino floor and even in the elevators, There was some kind of rodeo thing going on at the MGM I guess. I'm not a big fan of country music and it was hard to take. Room was fine, bed was not very comfy but they never are anywhere. Over all this hotel was ok. They charge a resort fee so that always means at least a 1 star reduction depending on how worthless and absurd the resort fee is.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank DitchwaterSal
Sunnyvale, California
Reviewed 4 January 2012

We were in Vegas for Christmas and stayed at NYNY. We got a very good deal for 3 nights stay and were booked for a non-smoking 2 queens room. When we got there, it was not available. But they gave us a king non-smoking room with an additional rolled-bed. It worked out good for our family. The bed arrived in minutes, was very quick and the guy the came with the bed was very friendly. Mattresses were firm. The air quality was better than other hotels that we stayed.
Overall, the room was very spacious and clean.
The staff were very friendly and courteous.
Nice small shops

We're coming back in May and thinking about staying here again. We usually stay in a different hotel every time we come but this time, we might break the "rule" :-)

2 Thank 4scoobyscoobydoo
Deal
Reviewed 4 January 2012

Just returned from a great 4 days in Las Vegas staying at this hotel. It is in a good location and is very clean. Beds are the comfiest ever. Bedrooms are a little dark and bathrooms are small but overall no complaints. Overlooked roller coaster but it did not keep us awake. Ate breakfast every day in Excalibur hotel next door as all you could eat and drink buffet is only 15 dollars and was good value for money. Had nice evening meals in Denny's and in Freemont Street and had fantastic meal in Outback Steakhouse opposite hotel.
Bought 24 hour ticket for Deuce bus which was a bit of waste of money as buses were crowded and we could not get on. Took the Westcliff Airport bus to North Premium Outlet direct and only cost 2 dollars each way. Fantastic bargains there. Went to Cirque de Soleil Michael Jackson which was out of this world and also did David Copperfield which was good but drinks prices at MGM Hollywood Theatre are extreme-11 dollars for a water!! If you get the time, visit Big Elvis at Bill's Gambling Casino. He is on infrequently but is very good and it's free. We went to the Ri Ra pub in the walkway between Mandalay Bay and Luxor and was completely ripped off. Charged over 7 dollars for a pint which actually came in a half pint tumbler and also charged 2 taxes plus an entertainment tax cos someone was singing at the back of the pub. Do not go here- there are far nicer and cheaper places to go for a drink. The upstairs bar in the Venetain does Happy Hours every day from 3-9 and beers are only 3 dollars and wine 5 dollars and it has a lovely atmosphere. I will not waste space or time writing a review about the appalling flights with Virgin as I will be taking this matter up with them direct, just be aware it is the worst plane and journey I have ever been on and I have visited lots of cities worldwide over the last 2 years and used various airlines. Try to get to Las Vegas by any other means or else just don't go!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on ahigh floor facing the strip
3 Thank AlanandTracey
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 2 January 2012

My family met in Vegas for Christmas and made the South Strip the first part of our stay choosing the NY, NY based on its reasonable pricing and interior decor. The rooms were nicely appointed with comfortable beds and clean bathrooms. Rooms are conveniently located right in the heart of the hotel unlike other resorts where rooms are segregated away from the casino and food options. We enjoyed overlooking the casino floor from the bar near Coyote Ugly and found the location perfect for enjoying the roller coaster and hotels on the South Strip.

2 Thank CharityK13
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 2 January 2012

Great sleep quality-mattress were very firm as I needed. The room service was great too. Was living on a non-smoking level and there was really no traces of smoke smell unlike other hotels on the strip. The air quality in the casino is also better compared to TI. THe hotel is also located very centrally on the strip.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
Victoria, Canada
Reviewed 2 January 2012

This hotel/casino was a pleasant surprise. I had always thought that one should stay at the bigger name hotels such as ceasars, mandalay bay, paris, mgm. I was going on a restricted budget this trip and new york new york had the best deals.

Boy was I surprised.

The room was very spacious, clean and quiet.
The staff were very friendly and courteous.
The casino was smaller than some but large enough to have the games I like to play.
The nicest surprise were the small shops and restaurants in the hotel. Breakfast at Il Fornaio was great and well priced.

The next time I go to Vegas, the New York New York will be the top of my list.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Madison which was great
1 Thank wmjross