“Like the city...New York New York has it all!” 4 of 5 bubbles

New York - New York Hotel and Casino
Ranked #40 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersGold level
Rensselaer, New York, United States
“Like the city...New York New York has it all!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2012

Stayed in a deluxe Park Ave. room...was very spacious, clean, and had decent views of the strip. Check in was easy, but checked in with the Mlife card at the vip check in. Casino has all of the gaming choices you'd expect with the exception of poker. There is no poker room but easy access to MGM which has a very good poker room. Could usually find $5 games in the am and they would grandfather you in if the table min went up. It did get to be rather chilly in the casino, so suggest you wear something warm if you intend to be at the tables a while. Cocktail service was fast and friendly. NYNY has many dining options sure to meet everyones needs. Easy access to MGM, Tropicana, Excalibur, Luxor , Mandaly bay. Rates can vary so shop wisely, join the players club for reduced rates, comps. Overall a great choice in hotel with a nice vibe and plenty to do..check their website for all they have to offer!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
4 Thank Tony R

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3,143)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Urbandale, Iowa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2012

My wife and i have stayed at New York New York twice in the last year, the latest for a Jimmy Buffett concert and have enjoyed both trips. The rooms have been good and we found the food at the various restaurants very good. The dueling piano bar is awesome and we had a great time in the casino, meeting people from all over the world. Definitely will stay there again in the future.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank brijul329
Toronto
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2012

The hotel staff are rude at the front desk. We had a party of 10 flying in from Britain, Canada and Texas. We asked for 5 rooms to be on the same floor or building. Nope, first come first served was our answer. Then you have to pay $20 each up front to get into a room before 6pm. Magic the room is ready with the $. The casino floor and bars/restaurants are very noisy to say the least. I believe that this hotel and MGM are totally for the younger crowd now.
The hotel towers are too far apart where you go to get to the elevators and you have a time finding them at night when the bars and restaurants are full and noise and dark atmosphere in the city area of the floor.

I wound not stay there again, there are much better places down the strip at the same price.

Room Tip: not near the roller coaster floor route. face the pool not the main strip, too many lights at night...
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Fresno, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2012

By far this is one of our favorite places to stay in Las Vegas. How is very nice and the rooms are great. Decor was very nice and recently updated. We had the Park avenue room, but have also stayed in the Players suite and it was awesome and had lots of rroom to entertain friends.
The choices in fun and dining are numerous. We were drawn each evening to the Times Square bar for the dueling pianos. We love the 9 fine Irishmens pub and the eatery America. The food court is awsome so many choices, burgers, dogs, pizza(our favorite)mexican food, bagels and I could go on and on. So much more than a hotel and casino. It is like you really have been to the big apple. So much excitement, you won't want to leave.

Room Tip: If you want to view the strip ask for the strip view, but be aware you will hear the strip all night...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
3 Thank TravelnJoanna
Williston, North Dakota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2012

We stayed at the New Yorl New York over the new years weekend and had a great time. The rooms could use some updating but the beds and pillows were very comfortable. The Bridge Baahd they through for New Years Eve is a blast! Plan to go back again next year!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Billie8086
Victorville, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2012

I'm a frequent visitor of Vegas being from Southern California and have stayed at New York New York on several occasions. For the most part they have all been worthy of the price I have paid and the stars they are rated. To be honest, I'm not one to write reviews for things that are anywhere near satisfactory, only exceptionally good or exceptionally terrible. So, take this review as you will...

My wife and I checked in on 12/21/11 and where checking out the next morning at 4 am for a 6am flight out of Vegas. Upon waking up we came to realize that we had no running water. After calling the front desk we were told that a letter was left in our room warning us of this scheduled maintenance (11pm-6am, almost the entire time we were in the room) and they would be "happy" to bring bottled water to our room. As polite as they seemed at first, I almost said thanks, until realizing that they knowingly sold us a room that didn't have running water without warning us of this fact at check-in. I then asked for a refund and they said no. After a couple minutes of me explaining my situation and asking to use another room that had running water to shower in they said they would refund my $15 resort fee, but "that is all we (they) could do". The whole resort fee is also BS when the pool is closed in the winter anyway, which I also explained (Normally I'm not one to complain about that due to the reasonably low room prices in the winter, but while I was on a roll I figured why not). I have had better service, more reliable basic utilities, and had more honest hosts everywhere from hostiles in SE Asia to truck stops in Mexico for <5% of the cost.

In a lesson of fairness, I should note; they did return the resort fee, as promised. And to those NYNY hotel staff whom I spoke with that morning and the manager who thought leaving a letter without requiring notification at check-in was a good idea... I didn't have to add this relatively small detail; I just did because it is the right thing to do.

With that said, We will not be staying at NYNY again and will sincerely consider not staying at any other MGM owned properties (google M-life for the list) in Vegas again. I also apologize to all that had to smell me on the airplanes during my travels! In fact, they probably won't be frequenting the NYNY either anytime soon!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
9 Thank Mark K
los angeles
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2012

i went to this place on friday december 30,2011 around 2am the security checked my id and i thought i put my purse into my bigger bag but i didn't. turned out it fell according to some guy that he says he saw the security take my purse, since i noticed my smaller purse was missing 30seconds after they checked my id, i noticed my purse was missing while i was still in front of the security...which makes me to believe that they picked pocketed me if anything. its not about the money but my id, they took away my chance to show my friends a nice holiday in vegas and at my fave spot out of all of vegas for that matter even, new york new york, i just feel very disappointed by my most fave hotel in vegas

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family