“Solo Trip”

New York - New York Hotel and Casino
Ranked #53 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Came solo for a wedding but spent an extra few days. Didn't seem to be a problem by myself in restaurants etc. Everyone is very friendly!
Only wish they had a coffee maker in the room as I hated having to get dressed just to go downstairs to get a coffee in the morning. Room Service is excellent but you are about $12 for a pot of coffee.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
MGM_Resorts, Guest Relations Manager at New York - New York Hotel and Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

Dear Terry H,

We're glad you were able to stick around a few extra days to enjoy the many exciting dining, shopping, and entertainment options we have available in the City That Never Sleeps. You're welcome back at any time!

Reviewed 8 July 2014

I have stayed at this hotel 2 times out of my 4 times to Vegas so far. I gotta say this is my favorite hotel as well as my favorite casino. The rooms are nice, clean and quiet, I like the ease of getting from the parking area to the hotel and vice versa and the casino is one of the less smokey ones I have encountered. Plus the casino has a great atmosphere at night. Even when we have stayed at other hotels we always find ourselves hanging out at the New York, New York's casino from late night until early hours in the morning.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Amy T,

Flattery will get you everywhere! It was so nice to see you again during your recent visit. Thanks for making the Big Apple your home away from home when traveling to Las Vegas, and please hurry back!

Reviewed 8 July 2014

We had a special "4 birthdays celebration" with 8 family members attending, staying in 4 rooms at New York New York. The rooms were very clean and comfortable and we were all pleased with our stay there. My room had a view of the roller coaster from the window, but there was very little noise associated with it, which was nice. Good selection of restaurants there, as well. We especially enjoyed the breakfast buffet at Chin Chin's.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Linda M

Dear Linda M,

There's nothing so special as quality time with the family, and no better place to do it than New York-New York! We were honored to serve as the backdrop for your special "4 Birthday" celebration, and encourage everyone to return again whenever possible!

Reviewed 8 July 2014

I had the chance to stay at this hotel on a business trip to Las Vegas in June 2014. I was in an upgraded Park Avenue room with a view of the roller coaster and further afield (airport), although did not spend much time in my room to enjoy the views. The room itself was very nice, the bathroom was a little bit tired. As it was my first time in Las Vegas I was not sure what to expect. You have to go through the casino area in order to get to the check-in desk, but I later found out that this is the case in most of the Las Vegas hotels. The hotel has one shop that is open 24 hours a day, and various other shops that open "normal hours". There are quite a few restaurants in the hotel, and if you do not want to go out to explore Las Vegas Strip, there is plenty of entertainment in the hotel itself. The Irish bar has got a good live band playing and although I did not get to sample the food, what I saw coming out of the kitchen looked very appetising. Should I ever go back to Las Vegas, I would certainly come back to this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Dear Monique O,

Although we regret any disappointment experienced as a result of your bathroom accommodations, we're delighted to see that so many other aspects of your time with us proved enjoyable. From the frosty pints and live music of Nine Fine Irishmen, to the unsurpassed splendor of Cirque du Soleil's Zumanity, New York-New York is the Entertainment Capital of the Las Vegas Strip. We're glad you agree, and hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 7 July 2014

An easy checking in/checking out process. The most friendliness staff on the strip! Parking was easy. The pool staff was friendly. The restaurant selection is broad with food for all tastes. Great entertainment at all corners of the gambling floor.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Harry M
MGM_Resorts, Guest Relations Manager at New York - New York Hotel and Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

Dear Harry M,

If New York-New York had a middle name, I’m sure it would be “friendly!” Our staff is committed to your complete satisfaction, and makes it their mission to provide attentive and personable service unmatched along the Las Vegas Strip. We appreciate the positive feedback, and hope you’ll visit us again in the near future!

Reviewed 7 July 2014

Nice stay. Casino is small but loved the ambiace and music. Rooms are perfect after a night out, no sound from outside and convinient blackout curtains. Comfy bed and pillows. Quick check in and checkout despite being 4th of July. Location was great as you can walk to other places on the strip, take a cab or the monorail just across at the MGM Grand. Only critic is internet. Worst internet ever at the room. Free decent Wifi in the casino.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank MexicanTrav

Dear MexicanTrav,

Although we regret the WiFi connectivity issues encountered in your hotel room, we’re grateful to learn that every other aspect of your recent stay at New York-New York went off without a hitch! From the speedy service of our front desk staff, to our convenient location along the Las Vegas Strip, the Big Apple is an ideal choice for the ultimate Sin City experience. Plus, our comfortable accommodations and inviting casino floor are a few more of the many perks guests are treated to when they stay with us. We truly value your patronage, and encourage you to come back at any time!

Reviewed 7 July 2014

The last time we went to Vegas, we stayed at the MGM in what could have been the tiniest (and loudest) room ever. Upon exploring, we found that the table minimums at NYNY were $10 compared to $25 at MGM. So, we decided that if we ever came back to LV, we would give NYNY a try. We took the hotel up on their offer to stay for $65 night in a Madison Room the week of the 4th.

Here's what I have to say about it:
The Pros:
The room itself was great. Very large with nice accommodations. The bathroom is a tad outdated with brass fixtures, but this is certainly not a deal breaker. The toilet scared me to death every time I flushed it because it had enough suction and force to take me with it! Other than that, I found the room to be great. It had a strip view and we never heard a sound from the strip. That, in itself, was worth the price of admission...especially after hearing every siren and horn when staying at the MGM.

The hotel is not near as large as some of the others and traveling back and forth to the room was easy. We stayed in the Century Tower, which is centrally located in the hotel.

We ate at most of the restaurants while we were there. All were good. The Italian restaurant was good - the service the first night was fantastic...the last night...not so much, but its okay. We also ate at Chin Chin, Broadway Burgers and the Mexican restaurant.

I loved Nine Fine Irishmen - great place to get a drink.

We are also MLife members and when we checked out, the hotel had comped our stay, so all we owed was for taxes and some of our meals. So that was awesome!!

The cons:
The pool is on the smaller side and doesn't see the sun until around 11 am.
The foodcourt was expensive.
Its crazy cold inside the casino! Its 115 outside, and 55 inside!
Tried to log on to the free wireless and gave up. I don't think that they should charge you for something that you can't use. But, since the stay was comped, I will forgive them.
Our room was smoke free, but the hallways smelled really strong of cigarettes. I did not like this. I think that our neighbors did not abide by the smoke free room rules.

It all boils down to what you are wanting out of your Vegas experience. If you want posh and sophisticated, this is NOT the hotel for you. If you want laid back and casual, this is your place. Like I said earlier, we stayed at the MGM during our last trip and I actually prefer NYNY to that. But, its all in what you are wanting. We will come back and stay at the NYNY again.

Room Tip: The Madison room was large and quiet.