“Ny Ny Review”

New York - New York Hotel and Casino
Ranked #53 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 30 August 2014

The room was small. We had the Park Ave That is the end of the complaint. The bathroom had a make up mirror, the wife loved it. There was also marble tile in the shower. The bed was comfortable. The room was very nice. While I wouldn' t recommend it for a long stay, for 3 or 4 nights at the price we were charged, my wife & I were very happy with the room. We also enjoyed the casino & did quite a bit of gambling there, for our budget anyway. Can't wait for a return trip to both Vegas & NY NY.

Keith & MaryAnn

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 29 August 2014

Great layout and I liked the decor. The little town was lovely and there are a lot of fun stores within the hotel.

The resort use fee (eg. WiFi and pool use) was already included in the price, unlike all other Strip hotels.

The only thing that really annoyed me was the smell of cigarette smoke everywhere!

2  Thank GPO28
Reviewed 29 August 2014

Have loved this hotel in the past and was looking forward to a lovely anniversary stay. When we arrived there were issues with both our assigned room as well as with the second room we were moved to (someone had smoked in a non-smoking room). By this time we were over one hour and the management responded so nicely by upgrading our room. We enjoyed the Nine Irishmen for dinner and entertainment, the Americana for breakfasts and late night bites, and Greenblatts. The pool was crowded but enjoyable, and I love that the casino is fun and has upward ventilation which removes the cigarette smoke and terrible odors-for a casino it smells pretty good!
I have always thought that this hotel employs the friendliest staff, and is well kept and clean. I had such a wonderful time that it was sad to leave....

Room Tip: A spa room is well worth the investment, is also great relief after all the walking one does in Vega...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Roxanne B
Reviewed 28 August 2014

Alright, I will be the first to tell you that this wasn't a place I had even considered staying at on my Vegas trip. Not because I heard bad things, but because I wanted something more down strip like the Vdara. I canceled that reservation and booked here only after my friend had booked his room here for our vacation. WOW! It was one of the best things I had done. I was in the basic room, which was very clean. The bathroom was very nice, and the furniture in good shape. I was only on the third floor, and my view was of the roller coaster lift hill. Not overly exciting, but I wasn't there to stare out the window all day. The check in process was very quick and easy. I had paid the $30 express check in fee so I could get into my room early. I had two free nights at Monte Carlo and didn't want to have to leave my luggage somewhere. The casino was very nice as well. What I liked most about it, besides winning some money, is that it didn't smell like smoke. You could walk through and not worry about your clothes absorbing that smell. The food court looks nothing like a food court, but rather as a neighborhood block. There are some nice choices as well.

Any staff member I came in contact with was very friendly and willing to help with any questions or directions I might have had.

The location is great. You can walk across the elevated bridge to MGM Grand and then use the Vegas monorail to travel up the strip. There is another bridge to Excalibur, and the tram station to Mandalay Bay is right there as well. If you want to travel to Aria or Bellagio, the city center tram is right next door in Monte Carlo. It's maybe a two minute walk from NY NY to the Monte Carlo entrance by Diablos.

The only complaint I have is that the thermostat is not temperature based in the room. So, it would get very cold, even with the fan setting on low. I would bump up the thermostat to try to get the air slightly warmer, but it would then get a little too warm.

I will definitely stay here again in the future.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Braumeister24
Reviewed 28 August 2014

We had a great time at NewYork New York Casino. The rooms were clean and we'll stocked. The only complaint we had was the internet speed and range of wifi. The internet was $22 after tax which covers internet, it was slow and the range was less than adequate.

Reviewed 28 August 2014

stayed with my family at New York New York in a Player's suite. beds were super comfy...jacuzzi was great!.....lots of room for lounging and two TV's so no fights over what to watch!

only thing that was off was there was a lingering smell of electric lettuce in the room from the previous occupant. otherwise was great.

Room Tip: the extra $$ for the players suite room was well worth it!!!! I would definitely recommend the upgr...
2  Thank Jeff P
Reviewed 28 August 2014

I go to Las Vegas for fun and relaxation at least twice a year. Since 2005 I have mostly stayed at the New York New York Hotel and Casino. I enjoy the décor, the restaurants, and the atmosphere.

I checked in and asked for a room upgrade since I have been a long time loyal customer. The lady at the Invited Guests desk upgraded me to a strip view room on the 25th floor. I loved the room. It was quite large and the bathroom had a large shower. The view was only mediocre. I was able to see just a little bit of the south end of the strip. Mostly I had a good view of the airport.

I had a small issue when I checked out. I used reward points to pay for my two night stay but when I checked out I was charged the full rack rate for one of the nights. I was able to resolve the issue and get a full refund with a quick phone call to Guest Services but the problem should not have occurred in the first place.

The only other complaint I have is that the Internet in the guest rooms is VERY slow. While I was in Vegas I needed to get some work done that I could only do via the Internet and because the Internet was so slow and the connection spotty I could not complete my work and I was left annoyed and frustrated.

I mostly ate at the restaurants in the hotel. I had lunch at Nine Fine Irishmen because I really enjoy the atmosphere of an Irish pub. The food was decent and the pint of Smithwick's was very refreshing. I ate dinner one night at Il Fornaio and the food and service was terrific. I had a slice of pizza from Siriccos in the food court area and it was also very good. It was very much an authentic New York Manhattan-style slice! I went into the America restaurant a little bit after 11AM for lunch but they were only serving breakfast at that time. The service was bit a slow and the restaurant was not very crowded, but the breakfast was tasty and ample.

I played craps. blackjack, and baccarat in the casino and I loved it. I liked the Central Park theme the casino once had but I still enjoy the ambiance of the more modern theme the casino changed to a few years back. The dealers were all very friendly and helpful. I am still a novice playing craps and the pit boss and croupiers were very patient and gave me some helpful advice about the game.

Overall I had another great stay and will be going back to New York New York again soon!

Room Tip: Upgrade to a strip view if you are able. The view and the better quality of the room is worth it!
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo