“2 nights in Vegas with kids” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Orleans Hotel & Casino

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
The Orleans Hotel & Casino
Ranked #48 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Oceanside, California
“2 nights in Vegas with kids”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2011

We stayed for 2 week nights. This was the first time for me staying here. I was very pleased with the size of the room. We had 2 adults and 2 kids and their was plenty of room in the hotel. We went bowling, saw a movie and used the pool. The pool was awesome not too crowded and plenty of room. If I went to Vegas with my kids I would stay here again. Not the ideal location if you do not have kids. We had a blast. The price was awesome under $50 a night including tax.

• Stayed August 2011
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Location
      Rooms
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,302)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
SURREY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2011

This hotel & casino has it all !! Very friendly reasonable and clean...Large casino and poker room ..A treasure off the strip ..

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank whirlpool75
Superior
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2011

We just came back from Las Vegas and once again we stayed at the Orleans. We have been staying there for at least the past 7 years now and I think they are doing a good job of keeping things up. Our room was typically well cared for and clean, with the safe in the room and all it is very convenient. We stayed on the 5th floor in the tower reached from the elevators closer to the pool. There were a couple of stains on the carpet, but no big deal.
We really like to stay there because we often have our car with us- but we have used the shuttle and then the Deuce bus to navigate the strip when we've flown with little problem. We each find things we enjoy in the casino- my husband the lower stakes Texas Hold Em tables and I like their slots. I do miss some of the ones they seem to have fazed out over the past year- the Twilight Zone and Jaws seem to have left the planet! But they also have added new ones.
Things I am learning not to take for granted:
Check-in is usually very fast (less than 10-15 minutes) at any time of the day we have arrived. When we are in the bigger casinos on the strip there always seem to be backups at all hours of the day, with people sitting around on their luggage waiting.
Security of having someone looking for room keys.
The care they take with keeping the hallways up- we wandered around the Luxor because we were curious about it. No one looked for our key and we went all over the place. What a dismal place! The hallways were dismal, dark, in dire need of cleaning and paint, with pieces of the wall torn off at points- like one too many "hangover" type bachelor parties have occurred there or something.
My one complaint:
- we enjoy the buffet and it is very reasonably priced. We tend to get the same things over and over and so it is ok. But I think that it has become a bit boring and some of the dishes were not as hot as I would like. They could use a little more variety.
However, huge plus in the buffet is a woman named "Pat" who is usually one of the people who serve you your drinks, etc... She is always very friendly and very much on top of refilling drinks, taking plates, etc.. She deserves a raise!!!

Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank HGH
Hockessin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2011

It's a place that is not rawdy and you have your comfort zone,a place where you can meet the locals and feel safe.It' a place that makes you feel special.It's a place where you can have solace and yet have a view of the beautiful,colorful and busy strip.

Room Tip: Request for a non-smoking nice room with a nice view of the beautiful,colorful and busy strip..
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
Tucso, Arizona, USAn
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2011

I've stayed at The Oleans 3 times in the last year. Our visits have been for pleasure and softball and basketball tournaments. I've been impressed everytime I've stayed there. The staff is always courteous and willing to help. The rooms are clean and comfortable to say in. They have a variety of restaurants and food choices from sit down to a food court. They have a lot of choices for gambling. I love the penny slots. The Orleans is located right off the strip. It is very convenient. I think though what impressed me the most was being there during a major basketball tournament. The staff took control of the enormous amount of kids there for the tournaments. There were signs up stating how they needed to behave and what was expected. We had a lot of kids on the floor we were on and we had no issues at all with noise or kids that weren't behaving. Very well done! On future trips we will always stay at The Orleans.

Room Tip: I've stayed in different types of rooms and all have been clean and comfortable.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Kandiace P
Corbin, Kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2011

My wife and I both drive semi truck, and found Orleans to be only casino to offer oversized parking for this. Stayed same time in 2009 also. Both times were NOT dissapointing, to say the least. From check-in to check-out, everything was great. Stayed 11 days, enjoyed a beautiful couples 80 minute massage, rented a cabana for day (50.00), drinks not watered like some casinos we found, has a shuttle bus to take you to Gold Coast, and Bills Casino on strip, and back (0900 - 12AM), buffet was good as always except Fridays seafood buffet, was better last time. Prime Rib Loft was exceptional, best prime rib I've had in a long time, very lean, and not expensive. Costa Cantina has great mexican, reasonably priced. All staff through out hotel/casino were very pleasant, and a special shout out to our housekeeper, Guillermina, treated us like family and did an outstanding job on room (people, a tip goes a long, long way), room service was always good. Can't say enough about The Orleans, for the price (comped 1 day, paid for 10, total just over 500 w/resort fee and tax)

Will DEFINETLY come back....nice job Orleans.

Room Tip: become a club member, stay off season if possible.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank YankeeCowboy
Sacramento, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2011

First, let me say I loved this hotel. It's not a new hotel but it was very comfortable and has everything you could ever want. Pros and Cons follow:

Pros:
- very large and comfortable rooms,
- multi-screen movie theater on property,
- 24-hour bowling alley on property,
- arcade,
- kid's play and child care area for very reasonable price,
- lots of restaurants on property (TGI Fridays, Sbarro, French Market Buffet, Subway, Chocolate Factory, Baskin & Robbins, Mexican Food Restaurant (can't think of name), Oyster Bar),
- adult pool and childrens pool,
- entertainment on property (DL Hughley was there during my stay),
- complimentary parking,
- off strip but close (within 10 minutes),
- very cooperative staff,
- good value (inexpensive, $29 per night during week; $79 per night on weekend).

Cons:

- air conditioner rumbled a bit (but due to 100 degree weather, it was working very hard),
- stain on carpet in one area (really not a big deal),
- food wasn't the tastiest in a couple of the restaurants.

I will definitely return to this hotel. There was really no need to leave the hotel if you didn't want to.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Lvsportsnut028