“No Hassles at the Orleans!”

The Orleans Hotel & Casino
Ranked #55 of 262 Hotels in Las Vegas
Lemon Grove
“No Hassles at the Orleans!”
Reviewed 9 November 2011

I just spent 3 days at the Orleans and had a great time! They have movie theatres, spa, and several other great amenities. I ate at The Loft Steakhouse and had a wonderful meal, which was not overpriced at all. The Courtyard Cafe provided great, inexpensive breakfasts. One of my favorite features about the Orleans is that it is off the strip, but not far from the strip. I prefer to stay away from the strip, so the Orleans provides great parking and a quick get away! They have lots of fun slots, too. Many different restaurants and eateries.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank JoAnne2910

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,347)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Reviewed 9 November 2011

I have been to Vegas many times, staying both on the strip and downtown. This trip, my husband found the Orleans. We ended up getting a 4 day package deal which included airfare and hotel. I was feeling a bit odd about being a mile off the strip and knew it would not be walking distance. I also was concerned that it would be a rundown dive. Boy was I surprised. It is off the strip on Tropicana, but it was fantastic. It is large, well maintained. No old cigarette smells. The staff were all friendly. We had absolutely no wait to check in. The room was large with a king bed, couch, desk, chair and flat screen TV. We did not have a view of anything other then the parking lot but I found out later that if you ask for a strip view, it can be arranged. The pool area was large with 2 pools and hot tub. Nice lounge chairs with plenty of space for personal privacy. An outdoor bar with fair prices. The casino was so much fun. They have every game possible and the cocktails waitresses were attentive. The crowd was mostly older folks. We are mid 50's and I felt like one of the youngest. This in no way took away from my fun. I would not recommend this for younger people because there really is no "nightclub" scene. Several great restaraunts, a movie theatre and a bowling alley are part of this complex. They even offer a free shuttle bus that goes to the strip every half hour from 9 am until 1230 am. It continues to make rounds between Bills Gambling hall on the strip (next to Bally's), The Gold coast (next to the Rio)-which was a fun stop and back to the Orleans. I would definitely stay here again. I really liked the fact that I could go to the strip and get all the noise and excitement and then return to the Orleans where the casino itself seemed quieter. There were always crowds of people but I think the machines make less "bing, bang, boom" noises. Anyway I had a great trip and did not get a headache from the noise. There is also free wifi in the lobby coffee shop, which I used often. Try this place, I am sure you will like it.

Room Tip: Ask for a stip view.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Acmeflower
Escondido, California
Reviewed 9 November 2011

Just got back from another flawless stay at The Orleans. The room prices are good, and the rooms are clean and big. No problem finding a parking spot, even on the weekends. The staff has always been professional and friendly. Plus, I love the huge buffet. Have stayed at this hotel ten times now over the years. Join the "B Connected" rewards program, and receive fantastic offers by e-mail to this establishment and its sister properties.

Room Tip: If you are a nonsmoker, ask to be placed on a nonsmoking floor of the hotel. Also, there is a nonsm...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank MrLorin
Fenton, Michigan
Reviewed 7 November 2011

the orleans is a great place to stay the action was great on the slots and the restaurants were exce, the rooms were anice size and clean

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank carl s
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 7 November 2011

The Orleans Casino is a great bargain all the time. This clean hotel always has wonderful prices. Although it is not offered on a lot of the web sites, including Orbitz, it is worth checking out. The hotels web site offers the best prices and is worth checking out.
The staff is quite helpful, the rooms are clean and large and the choice of restaurants runs the gamut from fast food at the food court to great Chinese and Japenese food. It's not the newest hotel in Vegas but it nicely maintained.

Room Tip: The hallways are very long. As for something near the elevator.
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
buffalo grove
Reviewed 6 November 2011

I've been coming to Vegas for over 30 years and I've watched the strip becoming very beautiful, but very poor in gambling value for the low stakes gambler.
I started staying at the Orleans about 3 years ago because I feel I at least have a chance at winning. It's about 1 mile west of the strip on Tropicana. I play mainly video poker and blackjack and the odds are better here than at most places on the strip. My gambling level on the strip would never rate comps or the interest of a host offering me free rooms whenever I've asked for them.

The rooms are larger than average with a separate sitting area and the all important coffee pot with coffee and fixins. The rooms are always clean and very comfortable. I've only seen flat screen tv's when I've gotten a room on the high floors, but it seems they are slowly converting more and more over.

The multiple restaurants meet all of my needs, and I'm usually able to pay for most of my meals with points earned from gambling. I usually rent a car so I can get around, but the Orleans does have shuttles all day long to the Gold Coast and Bill's Gambling Hall on the center strip.

The Orleans seems to cater more to the local gamblers, because they are always having give-a-ways and contests, but I'm always able to enter them as long as I'm there.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a high floor facing the strip
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank rphpcf
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 6 November 2011

If you are looking for a nice place to stay in Las Vegas , try the Oleans. Good food , Very nice rooms- with good prices. Gamble there and next time they might give you 2 nights free. I go their 1 or 2 times a year. And i'm not a big gambler but they give me perks like I am. Big
hotel that feels like home.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends