“Nice property off the strip.”

The Orleans Hotel & Casino
Ranked #57 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed 2 February 2012

Nice hotel offering more than just gambling. Enjoyed the bowling alley and movie theater. Room was nice and big and they even checked us in early in the morning. The view could have been better. We had a view of a wall. Basic TV channels.

Room Tip: Hotel is off the strip but they have free shuttles that take you to the strip.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank rlmko
Write a ReviewReviews (6,038)

Reviewed 2 February 2012

OK it does have the shhuttle which is great, every 30mins, but if you are out after 12.30 its going to cost $20 each Taxi.
Great rooms, big comfy, great room service. Older crowd. Good safe hotel for this age group. Food - great choice, and a super wine retail shop.
Perfect if you are not spending your time on the Strip.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
4  Thank FranCare
Reviewed 2 February 2012

It's an older property, but there are some great things about it compared to the strip. For starters, the food is much more reasonably priced here than the strip, so we ate here alot. The breakfast buffet held us to dinner nearly every day. The rooms are big, especially for the money. The staff were fairly good, no real complaints. The casino smelled a little more of smoke than most of the casinos, I've noticed the older properties seem to be that way. My biggest complaint was that it seemed like a hassle to go to the strip, if you have a rental car or drive to Vegas that won't be an issue. For the price, I really can't complain too much.

3  Thank Sarah F
Reviewed 1 February 2012

Have stayed here many times over the years and for extended periods of time. Have always enjoyed our stay and interactions with staff. This has not changed. However near the end of January they have a 4 day cheer championship in the arena. During this period of time the hotel is over run with cheerleaders and their families. This means it is next to impossible to get an elevator, next to impossible to get a seat in the restaurant and the hallways are constantly noisy if you are looking to sleep in. In fairness the staff did their best to control things but many times were overwhelmed. I will definitely stay here again but will likely stay away from that tournament.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 February 2012

A quick review from my recent 1 night stay at the Orleans. I did not have high expectations, but was fine… exceeded my expectations from what I had read on some of the other reviews on TA…

ROOM: Stayed on the 9th floor – room was clean and far enough from the elevator. Beds were comfortable and everything seemed clean. No bedspread… maybe these hotels are getting the message. Carpets were a little stained, but these are high-use rooms… Bathroom was also clean. It *was* loud from above at night…maybe it was just the Loud family upstairs. One more note – the 9th floor is the transition floor from the low rooms to the high rooms – if you are on floors 1-8, you need to transfer at 9 to get from 10 and up. Not a big deal, but you probably wouldn’t be happy if you had the room next to the elevator.

FOOD: Ate at the buffet for dinner. For $13.99, it was OK. I would not want to eat every meal there, but was what I expected. For lunch, I ate at Fudruckers in the food court. The hamburger was HOT and tasty.

COFFEE: They do have a little coffee place. I went to the Starbucks a half mile up the street.

CASINO: Yes, but I don’t gamble… (I don’t count the $9 I spent/lost on video poker)

PARKING: They offer Valet, but I just parked in the lot. The lot was crowded, but felt my car was pretty safe.

SAFETY/SECURITY: A lot of security present. We had a guard (if you could call it that) on our floor. Not sure if that is all the time (we were there for a large event).

Room Tip: I would probably not choose the 9th floor, or at least not near the elevator.
1  Thank sjmmk
Reviewed 1 February 2012

We try to stay here every time we come to Vegas. With our first stay here at $25 a night and I'll be the first to admit we booked because of the price and reviews we always come back. This trip we were comped 2 nights with a $10 dining credit. We are very low rollers so this came as a surprise. However when we checked in I asked for a strip view room as it was my birthday and the front desk was very accommodating. It was beautiful in the evening. Everything about the room was wonderful. It was very clean, I love the window in the shower, the beds were to die for and I love the fact they don't use dirty old bedspreads. The bathroom is big enough for 2 people to be getting ready at the same time too. The only disappointment I had was the buffet didn't open until 7 and we were there about 6:30. We did eat in the coffee shop and had a very nice breakfast before leaving. Everyone here was extremely nice and helpful. This is definitely always going to be a place we stay!

2  Thank jltt
Sarah S, Boyd Gaming Corporate Digital Marketing Manager at The Orleans Hotel & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2012

So pleased to hear that you think of The Orleans as an "off Strip jewel"; thanks for your very positive remarks about our rooms, service and buffet. We appreciate your business and we hope that you and your family will continue to stay with us

Reviewed 31 January 2012

This was my second stay at the Orleans. The first went OK so I decided to return. Not so good this time. At our Monday check-in I was told that the King room I reserved was not available. But then they found one which I took but shouldn't have. It was on a lower floor with a view of the entrance/valet parking area just below our room. Noise was an issue some of the time. A bigger issue was that a convention of 2,000 little girls and families was starting in a few days. The hotel became mobbed with families with little ones in tow. This was not the "Vegas Casino" experience I had planned. It wasn't horrible but it did sour our stay. Otherwise the room was average. The air-conditioner was very noisy and the casino itself was way smokier than most others we visited. I don't believe I'll return here again. I also recommend that before booking a room in a Vegas hotel, check to see if any conventions/conferences are scheduled to take place during your stay. Otherwise you too may have to contend with several thousand screaming little girls running the hallways into the night.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank highdesertbadger
Sarah S, Boyd Gaming Corporate Digital Marketing Manager at The Orleans Hotel & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2012

So sorry to hear that your last visit with us was disappointing; we do host a large cheerleading convention 2x a year, during those times we are busy with the participants. Your comments on the smoke and the noisy air unit will be addressed. We appreciate your candor and apologize for the issues you had. We hope you will reconsider and give us another try.