“Self parking is a nightmare..use the valet”

The Orleans Hotel & Casino
Ranked #56 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed 2 July 2012

Although the 2 times I've stayed there have been okay, don't expect to find room to park your car.
Also, unloading can be a NIGHTMARE!! You have to unload your car right by the taxi stand, and it's like an obstacle course to get in and out. Once you're in, check-in can be a bit long too. Also, the people I've dealt with at the counter acted like they'd rather be somewhere else. Hello? People are on vacation..it's YOUR job to smile and be pleasant I pay your rent! ...but I digress.
The rooms are very nice, and clean and housekeeping are always on top of things. If you can book far enough ahead, you can get a cheaper room rate. ALSO, tell them at check out that you REFUSE to pay the "resort fee" they will take it off your bill, but tell you "next time you'll have to pay". It saves you money, and it lets them know you won't be taken advantage of.
That's how half of the hotels/casinos make back their money when they quote you such a cheap room rate. ...you pay for it in the end, when they nickle and dime you for everything.

Room Tip: Check out the food court. Plenty of selections and decent prices
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank CobraDiego

Reviewed 30 June 2012

This hotel is so cheap, it's hard to believe. Easy to get comped rooms. The buffet isn't bad at all and super cheap. Yes, it's off strip, but it's not far at all and there are shuttles to be had and buses do run. The room wasn't bad at all, with some updates, but the beds are not as comfy as look. Totally worth what you pay to stay here. Do recommend.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
4  Thank michael692
Reviewed 28 June 2012

I am saying the rooms were clean and a bit over sized. I came up for the World Series of Poker. The Orleans has its own poker room. Mostly locals but a good size room. They have $75.00 buy in tournaments twice a day. Mostly no limit holdem. The best deal is the shuttle. It took us down to the Gold Coast. The breakfast buffet is much better at the Gold Coast and it has a Chinese restaurant called the Noodle Exchange. Excellent food at very reasonable prices. We then took the shuttle to Bill's Gambling Hall. It is right across the street from Ceaser's Place and the Billigo. The shuttle was never more then a five minute wait for us. Maybe we got lucky. Still we never had to use our car for the entire 5 days we were in Vegas. The shuttle is air conditioned and the temperature was between 102 and 104 degrees. I just do not like to drive in Vegas anymore if I can avoid it.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ed H
Reviewed 27 June 2012

In previous travels to Vegas, I have always stayed right on the strip but thought this time we would try it off and it worked out great. The strip is as close as the free shuttle that drops you off at Bill's on the strip and then also makes a stop at The Gold Coast (we didn't stop at the GC). I believe the shuttle starts at 9am and the last shuttle back to Orleans is at midnight.

Rooms 271 & 272.........271 looked out to a large palm tree and 272 looked onto the roof of the pool bar I believe. We could just barely see the pool from 272. The rooms were dated somewhat but very large. They really need to update TVs. Next time I would probably ask for a higher floor overlooking the pool. The pool was very nice with a nice (not run of the mill) hot tub, along with a baby pool. Drinks at the pool were expensive but what's new.

70 lane bowling alley and an 18 screen cinema (nice!). On Tuesday with player card points you are able to print a voucher for $4 admission. Most movies are $8 ($7 w/players card), 3D about $10.

I really can't say any of the restaurants at The Orleans was excellent. The French Market Buffet was OK, Friday's OK, Rib House Loft----save your money. It definitely was nothing special and was a waste of $ and the service left alot to be desired. There were several other restaurants but no time to try them all. DO head to where the shuttle stops, look over to your right and you will see McMullan's Irish Pub. Good food, good drinks and to die for Sticky Toffee Pudding!!!!

The Irish Pub inside The Orleans was also very good. We were playing games at the bar and our bartender was serving us right and left. He even asked if we wanted shots!!!
The candy shop (Rocky Mountain Chocolate ?) has the most wonderful dipped apples. Those are a must!
As far as gambling, I thought staying off the strip we would be luckier but oh well, we were all losers in the end and concerning players cards, the discounts in various restaurants, shops were nice but the comp points are pretty much a joke as 1000 pts = $1.00. Nice machines and nice casino...........reminded me of Harrah's in New Orleans.
BTW: There is a $6 per day per room resort fee.
BTW: If you find your room key does not work, go to a phone near the bottom elevator and call the desk. They will meet you there with a key and you won't have to stand in line at the desk.
BTW: Taxi fare was right at $20 OW for 4 people. Cheaper than taking an airport shuttle.
Bottom line, YES I would stay at The Orleans again.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
7  Thank badboy10wy
Reviewed 27 June 2012

The room was large, just a bit dated. The facility has everything; good food, good casino, quick friendly beverage service, bowing facility, work out center, pool AND reasonable prices. They also have a shuttle to the strip (about a mile away(.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
4  Thank EGAD34
Reviewed 26 June 2012

Having never stayed “Off the Strip” before, I was pleasantly surprised by the experience at The Orleans.
We had a great room with a view of the strip on the 18th floor. Unlike rooms on the strip, getting an elevator was not a problem and the room hallways were long but not endless.
There are more than enough choices of food to make everyone happy for many days and many things for families to do other than gamble. The pool was fantastic. It was not too far from the rooms, had a fun atmosphere without being a big party. I have to say not being a size 2, I do not always feel comfortable at the pools on the strip, but I had no worries here and spent almost every afternoon at the pool.
The shuttle to the Strip was quick and easy; we used in many times and never waited more than 5 minutes for it. It was so much easier than fighting traffic and finding a parking spot. I really wish they had one that went down to Freemont Street, that would have been perfect.
The Casino was so much better than the ones on the Strip. It may not be quite as pretty, but you can actually play for a while and not feel like you are making your donation and moving on. The dealers and servers not only remembered us from night to night, they actually remember my friend from year to year (she stays here each June).
After spending some time out being a tourist, you actually feel at home when you step back into the Casino doors.
I would highly recommend the Orleans for anyone who is looking for a more low key Vegas experience. It is not glamorous, just a really good hotel for a really good value.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
8  Thank darshanp
Reviewed 26 June 2012

I absolutely love The Orleans. Yes, it's decor is a little old but the machines are new and old, payouts are good and love all the places to eat. We've stayed there for so many years that now our rooms are complimentary. We even get free food and slot play. I love the pool and the spaciousness of the rooms. Watch out for those long hallways and try to get one closer to the elevators. The buffet is great. I can stay anywhere I want and I choose to stay here. Can't wait to go back.

Room Tip: Ask for a room close to the elevators.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family