“Great stay at the Orleans” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Orleans Hotel & Casino

The Orleans Hotel & Casino
Ranked #48 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Elma, New York
“Great stay at the Orleans”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Orleans Wednesday June 27th - July 1st. It was our first time staying at the Orleans, and we will return. Our room was clean and large. We had a flat screen TV and a king size bed. We ate at the buffet, Canal street and the Courtyard Cafe. At all three restaurants the service was great, food was good, and prices affordable.
The pool area was large, and never had problem finding a lounger. Plus, the bar at the pool ran a great deal 5 beers for $10.
We used the shuttle throughout our trip. It was easy, saved us money and the wait was never too long.
The casino is large and has all the familiar table games and slots. Plus most of the table limits were $5 minimums.
I do want to address the complaints about smoking at the Orelans. Being non-smokers we never
were bothered by cigarette smoke. The smoke at the Orleans is no worse than any other casino in Vegas.
Overall, if you are looking for a fun casino this is your place. If you are looking to stay at a casino with large clean rooms, affordable food and drink prices than the Orleans is the place to stay. We will be back.

• 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,301)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Santa Clarita, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2012

For the past 9 years we've stayed at this hotel at least once a year... often 4-5 times! It's far enough away from the craziness of The Strip so that it feels more relaxed but it's close enough that you can easily get there by cab, shuttle or car. The casino is very large and feels spacious, even during peak times. They have a very good variety of games including the latest and most popular slots. They have a good variety of restaurants including mexican, seafood, fast-food, coffee, buffet and cafe. The rooms are HUGE though not very modern. Movie theater, fitness center, bowling alley, spa etc. We continue to stay here because it's a great value away from the strip.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank BlueFedora
Castaic, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2012

The room is large & spacious with a bed, couch, chair, desk & chair, TV, & nightstands. The bathroom door is a rolling pocket door which isn't my personal favorite, but was a non-issue. I LOVE that the shower has a little window that you can pop open just enough to let steam vent out so you're not trying to do your hair in a hot & humid bathroom. Maid service was great. Self-parking easily available. Bell service very fast & friendly. The pool is very big & beautiful with a variety of food available, lounge chairs, & grassy areas. Overall a great stay!

Room Tip: request away from elevators & ice machine
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Amy L
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2012

I arrived in Las Vegas but only booked one night as I was planning to leave on a long road trip the next day. I had reserved a regular room for just $29 (plus taxes, resort fee and Internet access it came to about $50 in total) but this hotel is far better than others that offer such competitive rates.

When I went to pick up my rental car on arrival at the airport I discovered that I had lost my driver's license. I assumed I must have dropped it going through security at Reagan airport in Virginia. Needless to say, I did not get my rental car and had to take a taxi to the hotel so I could figure out what to do next. At check in I was asked for ID and, since I didn't have my license I had to explain what had happened. Even though I had no ID (and couldn't therefore gamble) I was upgraded to a deluxe suite for no additional charge and that room and exceptional generosity is what I am reviewing.

The suite was huge and very well appointed. It was accurately described as a deluxe suite, not luxury, as the standard of elegance did not match the quality of suites I have stayed in at the Signature or THE Hotel but it had every amenity you are likely to need. There were no less than four TVs, a large dining table and 6 chairs, a kitchen area, comfortable seating area, great bed and a well equipped workspace. The one thing that detracted from the experience for me was noisy, wall mounted AC units in the living area and, especially, the bedroom. There were individual controls for these but the noise they made was intrusive and, if i had been paying full price, I would have docked a point for this.

The hotel has everything you would be likely to need with the usual wide variety of dining choices you get in a large Vegas casino. I only had two meals because, when I unpacked my bag, I found my driver's license loose in the bottom so I was able to go back to ick up my rental and get on my road trip the next day. The meals I had were very good and priced reasonably.

I will definitely stay at The Orleans when I return to Vegas at the end of my trip.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank Born_Old
Aiea, Hawaii
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2012

The Orleans is a big place, so have your walking shoes on to get to your room, the parking garage or from one end of the casino to the other. Our room was decent-sized, not a suite but larger than most standard hotel rooms. Maid service was very good. Channel line-up on TV was decent compared to some downtown hotels. Only amenity I really missed was having a small refrigerator in the room. It was large enough to accomodate one. The parking garage (there is also a sprawling outside parking lot) is a hike from the room elevator lobby. However, there is an outdoor shortcut to the garage which bypasses the long hike through the casino. The gaming area is large and spread out. One area I liked was the Bourbon Street Cabaret, which features some nice entertainment. You can listen and see for free outside standing around or sit at the bar or sit inside (don't know if there's a cover or drink min.) The music was great all three nites (temptations/four tops oldies---another group was sixties oldies). If you need free wi-fi, go to the Java coffee shop. It's open, and you don't have to buy anything to sit there.

3 Thank Shaka_Frank
Rowland Heights, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2012

I have visited Vegas and stayed on the strip but the service is poor. I stayed at the Orleans for the first time 5 years ago and now I always stay there on my yearly visits. The pool is large , they have a movie theatre and a bowling alley for the kids. We don't leave the hotel once we are there because they have everything you need in the hotel. The Orleans has a great selection of food from something fast like Subway to sit down like TGIFs and a steak restaurant. Great place to stay!!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Daniel B
Red Deer, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2012

We have stayed on strip before but tried the Orleans four years ago and have stayed here yearly since. Always had great service, rooms are large and clean and the prices very reasonable. The buffet is good, morning breakfast well worth the charge. Like the selection of eating places ( TGI Fridays, Subway and others ). Pool area has always been very clean. Any staff we've encountered have been very freindly. Easy access to regular transit routes, hotel shuttle to strip, just a great place at a great price for a great get-a-way.

3 Thank lv2trvltoo