“Good time at Orleans”

The Orleans Hotel & Casino
Ranked #54 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed 9 July 2012

Very clean room with flat screen tv. Ate breakfasr buffet and Mexican restaurant. Both good service and good food. Live free longe entertainment with dance floor in casino.Went to Al's comedy club in hotel and laughed for 90 minuets. Casino very noisy and some smoke issues.

Room Tip: Check on line for great summer rates.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank clept81371

Reviewed 9 July 2012

Recently stayed at this hotel while on a business trip. It was my first visit to Las Vegas and stayed at this hotel since it was the host site for the conference that I was attending. A few days prior to my arrival, I emailed the resort with some questions and a few requests. My email was answered promptly by Amber in reservations with the questions answered and requests noted.
Upon arrival, check in went smoothly. My request for a room next to my colleagues was honored. The concierge staff was warm and welcoming.
My room looked clean; however, it had an odd odor during the entire stay. The room was very outdated. There were many large stains on the carpeting in the hallway.
I do not gamble and so I spent no time at the casino, We ate dinner one night at the Prime Rib Loft and it was good. We were at the Strip most nights, but one night a colleague and I enjoyed the "OLDIES" group that played. Those "oldies" even pre-dated me!!!!
Every staff person that I encountered was always courteous, helpful and friendly. The hotel itself was not at all impressive. The pool was dirty and had a slime floating on top. It was very noisy at night with slamming doors and boisterous guests. There was a security desk that sits by the elevators that lead up to the rooms. I am not sure why they were there...they were friendly, but never asked to see my key.
I would not stay here again, nor would I recomend it to anyone else...sad to say. I think staying here impacted on my entire negative opinion of Vegas, in general. I do have to admit that The Rocky Mt Chocolate Factory had great treats and a great cup of coffee in the AM!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank love2travel415
Reviewed 8 July 2012

I always go to las vegas 2 or 3 times a year. the rooms are are large and very comfortable and clean. the staff are very friendly and nice. the price is great and the food is great too. the casino is nice to gamble. we love to stay. I would recommendit to anyone. free shuttle to the strip daily.

Room Tip: all rooms are great
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 July 2012

For the past several times, I have stayed here & have had a great time here. The rooms are big & clean. They have updated the TV's. Food is good, the gambling is even better. The dealers & Pit Bosses are all great. The casino area is just the right size. The valet parking is good, best group of guys I have seen. If you want to get away from the crazy Strip, this is the place to go. Can't wait to go back in a few months.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 July 2012

We did not stay at the hotel but did visit the casino. A very enjoyable experience and would go back when back in town.

1  Thank MAC3844
Reviewed 7 July 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Orleans Wednesday June 27th - July 1st. It was our first time staying at the Orleans, and we will return. Our room was clean and large. We had a flat screen TV and a king size bed. We ate at the buffet, Canal street and the Courtyard Cafe. At all three restaurants the service was great, food was good, and prices affordable.
The pool area was large, and never had problem finding a lounger. Plus, the bar at the pool ran a great deal 5 beers for $10.
We used the shuttle throughout our trip. It was easy, saved us money and the wait was never too long.
The casino is large and has all the familiar table games and slots. Plus most of the table limits were $5 minimums.
I do want to address the complaints about smoking at the Orelans. Being non-smokers we never
were bothered by cigarette smoke. The smoke at the Orleans is no worse than any other casino in Vegas.
Overall, if you are looking for a fun casino this is your place. If you are looking to stay at a casino with large clean rooms, affordable food and drink prices than the Orleans is the place to stay. We will be back.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 July 2012

For the past 9 years we've stayed at this hotel at least once a year... often 4-5 times! It's far enough away from the craziness of The Strip so that it feels more relaxed but it's close enough that you can easily get there by cab, shuttle or car. The casino is very large and feels spacious, even during peak times. They have a very good variety of games including the latest and most popular slots. They have a good variety of restaurants including mexican, seafood, fast-food, coffee, buffet and cafe. The rooms are HUGE though not very modern. Movie theater, fitness center, bowling alley, spa etc. We continue to stay here because it's a great value away from the strip.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple