“Corralesfam1”

The Orleans Hotel & Casino
Ranked #56 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed 13 August 2012

Me and my hubby took our children to Vegas for the 1st time..We stood at the Orleans and my children just loved it there..They had entertainment for the whole family and it was so great for me&my husband we didnt have to leave the casino to entertain our children.I will definetely refer my friends and family to stay at the Orleans.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the pool area.(Great view)
2  Thank Mindy C
Write a ReviewReviews (6,040)

Reviewed 10 August 2012

Arrived on Sunday around 3:00 P.M. Long line waiting to check in but the crew on the desk made short order of that. We had our room in about 10 minutes. Very good check in. The room was like all the others in the hotel and we were on the 10th floor(no smoking) facing the strip. My suggestion is to ask for a room overlooking the pool because the noise on the Strip side is terrible. The hotel's loading dock is right below the rooms and they start deliveries very very early. Maybe around 4:00 A.M. and the back up alarms on the trucks echo between the building and the valet parking garage. This goes on for the whole morning. It was hard to sleep with a constant beep beep beep right below your window.

The room was clean and nothing was broken. House keeping did their job.
The room really needs to be upgraded with fresh furniture. It was dated for sure.
I looked for a pen and a note pad to write down a phone number but the hotel no longer provides them. Hmmm? Little by little the Boyd Corporation is nibbling away at the ammenities that were in place before they bought the hotel a few years ago.

On Monday A.M. we had breakfast in the Cafe right next to the sports book. The special was two eggs, two strips of bacon, two sausages, and two pieces of French toast. I asked for regular toast in lieu of the French toast and that was fine. The special was $6.99. Not bad for a hotel restaurant. The surprise came later when the bill showed $2.69 for a cup of regular coffee. Not Espresso, nothing fancy, just a cup of coffee. Whew!

On Tuesday we decided to do the buffet for breakfast and went to the promo kiosk and learned that the new policy for the Seniors in the casino's players program was to require 10 points be played on their card between 7:00 A.M. and 7:00 P.M. on Tuesday to qualify for the Seniors Promo of buy one and get one for breakfast or lunch at the buffet. It does not matter how much you played before 7:00 A.M. or the day before or how many points you have on your card. If you do not play at least 10 points worth of action as required, no 2 for 1 for you.
I guess that the Boyd Corp needs the extra $$ from your play that morning. Again, nibbling away at things.

All in all, the hotel is not the nice place it used to be. When Gaughn sold it to devote his efforts @ the South Point Hotel, things went down. That's too bad.

I think that for someone staying here the first time, they would be happy. For repeat guests having knowledge of the old Orleans it's a disappointment.

None of this is beyond repair. This is still a good location and the property is solid. If the corporation expends a little $$ on the hotel/casino/restaurants, it can be very good again.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Keats1
Sarah S, Boyd Gaming Digital Marketing Manager at The Orleans Hotel & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2012

Thank you for your input regarding your recent stay at The Orleans, we appreciate the constructive feedback. Your observation on the 2 for 1 buffet for seniors is correct; we have changed the program and in order to participate guests play 10 points to get the free buffet. We have shared your comment about the coffee price with our Food and Beverage Director.

We are planning to begin a room remodel project later this year and so far there have been upgrades to casino carpeting, the convention area and several restaurants. We plan on keeping the hotel up to your standards. Again thank you for your time and thoughts. We hope you will return again soon.

Reviewed 10 August 2012 via mobile

We enjoyed our stay at The Orleans. The whole family had fun. We are not gamblers so we enjoyed the movie and bowling. The pool is great with an awesome bar. You get what you pay for at the bars in this place. The location is great. A $10 cab ride gets you to Mandalay, circus and Excaliber. Stay here and have a hard time making a decision what to do next since there is so much to do. I would recomend this hotel to any one staying or playing in Vegas.

• Stayed: July 2012
5  Thank Wifesshowfur
Reviewed 9 August 2012

I just came back from The Orleans Hotel and Casino where I gambled and drank at a bar right in front of the cashier's cage. I was only there for maybe ten minutes, but it ended up being a very disturbing experience.

On the TVs the olympic soccer finals was on that matched the U.S. against Japan. U.S. was leading by one. For some odd reason, the bartender or barback, a young caucasion gentleman thought it was okay for him to yell out "Screw those Japs!" three times across the bar where everyone could hear him clearly.

Now, I'm a firm believer in free speech. However, there is a line to be drawn when the speech borders on hatred. I honestly don't know whether this bartender hates Japanese people. I doubt he's ever even met one or had a conversation with one, but I found it highly offensive that he thought it was okay to yell out a racially derogatory word at a private business establishment that should be open to all races and ages and creeds.

The funny thing is I'm not even Japanese.

Needless to say, my experience there left a bad taste in my mouth. I was going to let it go, but when I came and thought about it I started to get a little angry.

I will not go back to this business again. I've already told the manager, but I doubt anything will come out it. Worse, I fear this bartender believes he didn't do anything wrong.

I guess it's casual nowadays to go a casino and have their workers yell out "spic," "whiteboy," "Jew."

Kind of sad to have such a pathetic employee when the property seems really decent.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
9  Thank sammy h
Sarah S, Boyd Gaming Digital Marketing Manager at The Orleans Hotel & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2012

Sammy,

We just read your review, and are deeply concerned by the experience you described. We want The Orleans to be a place where every person feels welcome and respected, and we will not tolerate behavior of this kind by our employees.

Rest assured that we will fully investigate your allegation. If we find that any employee acted inappropriately, we will deal with the matter swiftly.

Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention.

Reviewed 9 August 2012

We celebrated my grandaughters 21 st birthday at the Orleans. We had two rooms on
the 18th floor across the hall from each other. Very nice rooms, with a couch and easy chair.
The rooms were clean and attractive. Everyone had a great time. Plus, the price was right!
We will stay here, again!

4  Thank donmil2010
Reviewed 8 August 2012

family friendly,very reasonable rates and their resort fees were only $6 a night alot cheaper than other hotels.watched a movie at the movie theater in hotel nice and convienient.they have a bowling alley if you like bowling.
Rooms need a little attention,carpet needs cleaning,wall paper was starting to peel,hotel could use more overall cleaning like elevators had smudges on doors that were there for several days.
overall I enjoyed staying there with my wife and son,and would stay again.

5  Thank lupayan
Reviewed 8 August 2012

It has been several years since I stayed at The Orleans, and while my experience last time was positive, this stay really was an excellent experience.
I stayed for six days, which - even as a seasoned Vegas veteran - is a loooong time to stay in Sin City. But thanks the the comfort of The Orleans, the time was painless.
The secret to The Orleans's success is, quite simply, giving you an excellent room at an excellent price. Each room has touches usually reserved for much more expensive hotels: large, tiled bathrooms; a big, suite-like room with a king-size bed and a couch; a flatscreen LCD television. True, I was given one of the newer rooms since I was celebrating my birthday - thank you - that gave me a nice view of the Strip to boot. But it would be a bargain regardless.
Little touches make The Orleans stand out: The big, new-looking tile on the shower wall; the small window that opens inSIDE the shower (you'll know it when you see it); nice, big sink and vanity; lots of room for you stuff; in-room safe.
Housekeeping was exceptional. True, I tip two dollars every day, but that is what a person is SUPPOSED to tip, and I am always chagrined by the fact that many people are cheapskates when it comes to tipping housekeeping staff. The woman who cleaned my room went out of her way to thank me for the tip, and my room was immaculate every day.
I suppose there is room to nit-pick: the carpet had a few stains, but so does my carpet at home: I have yet to find a hotel that DOESN'T have stained carpet. (Frankly, I don't know why hotels don't switch to tile floors, like hotels I have stayed at overseas.) And my room didn't have cold - that's right, COLD - water. But I just bought a big jug of water at Target and forgot about it.
Something else that might be disconcerting for many people is the constant hum of the casino and corridors that you have to go through in order to get to your room. It reminds me of a busy airport, with people constantly filling the halls at all hours with their bags. There are lots of familes; their is lots of ethnic diversity; this is a huge place. But my room was a quiet sanctuary.
This is not Wynn, Bellagio, or Cosmopolitan, both in terms of "the scene" or location. But what it is is near-luxury accommodations, good service, and a fairly central location (albeit off the strip, which I consider a bonus) at a great price. Even with the $6 "resort fee," I still felt it was a great deal. Keep in mind that that includes use of the well-appointed fitness facility; sadly, to use the wi-fi, you have to go to the lobby.
Still, The Orleans will certainly get my business again. Keep up the good work.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends