“was a nice place to stay, little love wouldnt hurt”

The Orleans Hotel & Casino
Ranked #55 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Rockford, Illinois, United States
“was a nice place to stay, little love wouldnt hurt”
Reviewed 17 August 2012

Talked my friends in staying at orleans since i have had good experiences, one of my friends room was dirty on the floor, floor safe wouldnt work had to have security fix it, shower head was very dirty like it hadnt been cleaned in a long time, lack of towels in room for just two people, and the phone missing shield that has numbers in hotel to call. my friends said never again.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Ralph K
Sarah S, Boyd Gaming Corporate Digital Marketing Manager at The Orleans Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, 22 August 2012
Our apologies that your friends did not have a good experience at The Orleans. We have started a carpet replacement program in our guest rooms. The housekeeping issues that were mentioned will be reviewed with the Executive Housekeeper so that corrections and improvements can be made. We appreciate the input, and hope you will continue to stay with us.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,347)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 17 August 2012

Stayed at the Orleans for the first time, mid August with their special Summer Vegas Fun package that included $10 per day, food and beverage credit. The $10 per day credit is misleading.
It is valid for the day of check-in and succeeding days until midnight. Since I didn't check-in until 10p, my first day's credit was good for only two hours. So, practically speaking, even though I thought I'd get 2 days with a $10 credit for my two night stay. It was really only one $10 credit for my two nights stay and the credits can not be combined.
Otherwise every thing was great. The $6 per night resort fee provided access to a very nice fitness center, 10 minutes of using a business center computer and rides on their shuttle bus to the "strip". Rooms are large with couch and plush chair, large flat screen TV, comfy beds with "crisp" sheet and a large bathroom with a small window that opens.
Staff were friendly and helpful and the food is above average.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
Chicago
Reviewed 17 August 2012

I enjoyed staying at the Orleans because it is a very self contain hotel casino. When I had a problem there the staff was always ready to accommodate me and make things right. The location is great for me and the parking is easy and convenient. I have never had a problem with the staff and they were always very helpful and nice. There is a variety of restaurants and plenty of things to do.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 17 August 2012

Run down and dirty. That's the state of the rooms. The carpets in the hallways and rooms look like they've never been shampooed. What once was cream colored carpet is now soiled black and terribly stained. A plus, there were no bed bugs.

The plumbing was noisy, making strange gurgling sounds from the sink drain pipe. One of my family members said that the toilet in their room sounded like a jet engine when flushed. Maintenance came and fixed the problem, but then it would mysteriously flush every 10-15 minutes on its own. The fixtures in the bathroom are worn and unsightly. The hair dryer only worked on high or low, medium was burned out.

Went to the Courtyard Cafe for breakfast and the hostess bypassed us and sat another party, completely ignoring us. The dining room had plenty of open tables, and there was no line. We spoke up and asked to be seated and she flashed us a dirty look. For the life of my I can't figure that one out. The server never brought cream for the coffee after being asked 3 times. We finally had to appropriate some from another table.

Wake up call set for 7am never came. When I called the front desk they said that the computer reset our room at 5am and the wake up call must have disappeared from the system at that time.
I guess this is a case of you get what you pay for. The room rate for a standard 2 Queen was $29.99 before taxes. If it weren't for the fact that one of our party was staying there for their bowling tourney this hotel would never have been considered as its nowhere near any of the action. If you want to go cheap pick a Motel 6 instead, they're much cleaner.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
7 Thank MMVV53
Sarah S, Boyd Gaming Corporate Digital Marketing Manager at The Orleans Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, 20 August 2012
Please accept our sincere apologies that your experience during your recent stay was not up to the standards we have set at The Orleans. Your experiences with the Courtyard Cafe, Wake Up Call Service and plumbing will be discussed with the appropriate managers. In the future, we encourage you to bring such matters to our attention immediately so we can rectify the issue during your visit. We are in the process of replacing carpet in various hotel rooms and we are looking forward to a remodel project soon. Again, thank you for your feedback and we hope you will visit us again soon.
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 16 August 2012

I enjoyed the location, didn't have the traffic of the main strip while it's only 2 miles away from the main actions. Here is the break down
pros: big hotel, big room, comfortable beds, full serviced (like many other hotels, theatre, bowling, arcade, restaurants, etc ...), decent location (2 miles west of the main stripe), easy parking
cons: the carpet in our room was nasty, casino stunk of smoke, since it's more "family" oriented, LOTS of kids in the pool, just fyi, also the drinks at the pool bar while reasonably price, felt a bit watered down

Santa Ana, California
Reviewed 15 August 2012

I can't deny that The Orleans Hotel had a great atmosphere and a good location just off the strip, but they need to improve on keeping the rooms clean. I was with family in multiple rooms. My room was not too bad. It needed to be dusted more thoroughly (the air conditining unit was very dusty) and the carpet was not vacuumed good. But when I went to my sisters' rooms, the carpet in both rooms was very dirty. So dirty I didn't want to walk on it. For this reason alone I would be hesitant to stay at this hotel again, and probably wouldn't. When I travel I like statying in hotels that are nice and CLEAN!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Sarah S, Boyd Gaming Corporate Digital Marketing Manager at The Orleans Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, 17 August 2012
We agree that the Orleans has a great atmosphere and we thank you for staying with us. We are in the process of carpeting our hotel rooms and we plan on beginning a remodel project later this year. Your comments about housekeeping will be addressed with our Executive Housekeeper so that improvements can be made. We agree that your rooms should be clean and your time with us should be enjoyable, and are sorry we did not meet your expectations this stay. We hope you will give us another try after our improvements have been made.
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 15 August 2012

This is my first night of 3 nights that we will be here. I am going to try to be objective in my review. The entrance & the checkin lobby smell cigarette; checking-in is easy and friendly; elevator is decent with no smell; rooms look old but spacey; pillows (at least the ones in my room) smell shyt & i am convinced that the pillow covers either were not changed or washed improperly; the room has flat tv; the swimming pool seems to be ok but i was surprised how poorly their life guards behave (they were horse-playing like little kids through out the 2 hours i was there). When it comes to money and expenses, the place SUX big time. For example, you have to pay $13 PER NIGHT PER COMPUTER for WiFi connection. My wife wanted to use her laptop and my daughter wanted to watch Netflix on her iPad; so one-night of slow Wifi connection would cost us almost $40.00; when we were at the swimming pool we asked a swimming board for my daughter and they said we had to rent it for $10. The bed i am sleeping on makes squeaking noise each time i try to move the pillow or lift my head up. This squeaking bed and the smelly pillows could be specific issue to my room and might not be larger problem of the hotel, while the smokey/smelly lobby/entrance and the strange wifi fees are common problem. I don't know if i would be back here again.. i am gonna wait and see how my 2 other nights go and i will leave another review.

2 Thank CyberCobra
Sarah S, Boyd Gaming Digital Marketing Manager at The Orleans Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, 16 August 2012
We hope your stay will continue to be an enjoyable one. Please contact the hotel manager with any issues or problems you are encountering so that we can reticfy them before you leave. Your comments regarding the lifeguards will be discussed with the Pool Manager. We offer free WiFi in the Java Cafe located by the front extrance. We would like you to know that we are in the process of installing a better and less expensive WiFi system which will be operational by September. We hope you do enjoy your time with us, and we welcome you to contact the manager for assistance, as we want to make your stay positive. Thank you.