“Very nice for Casino friendly”

The Orleans Hotel & Casino
Ranked #54 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Phoenix
“Very nice for Casino friendly”
Reviewed 27 August 2012

I have stayed at a lot of casinos, but this one had all the amenities, and reasonable pricing, Without having to go anywhere, was very nice, and somewhat friendly for a casino, it’s my new spot for Vegas,

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank varoom39m

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,339)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Mission Viejo, CA
Reviewed 26 August 2012

Please note, I did NOT stay at the Orleans, but took my preteen daughter there during the day when it was raining (and we couldn't go to our hotel pool). We initially went there for a movie, and ended up staying there almost all day! Had a great time!

The theater was a typical multiplex theater - daytime prices aren't horrible ($7 for first showing). After the movie we went into the adjacent arcade ... reminded me of Chuck E Cheese minus the pizza. My daughter had lots of fun, and picked up some typical kid-swag with her tickets. (And I only spent $5!)

We then ventured to the bowling alley as we got one free game with our movie ticket. Of course we had to pay the $3 each for shoe rental. The guy helping us, Mark, was SOOO nice and friendly. The alley is huge and has completely electronic scoring. After one game we opted for a second game (only $5 total), because we were having such a good time!

After bowling, we found the food court and had a nice early dinner at Sbarro ... the manager happened to be behind the counter and was so accommodating to us.

We left Orleans with smiles on our faces and the knowledge that we'll be back next time we're in town (and will look into staying there next time!)

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
5 Thank OCchick13
Southwest USA
Reviewed 26 August 2012

Had reservations for 2 nights here but left after the 1st night. Not sure if it was just my room or what, but could not adjust the air conditioner at all. It was set at one temp and on and off it went set at it's own temp. I also am one who needs the air conditioner fan to run constantly at night to block the outside noises. NO Fan either. There was no way I could leave the fan on either.No fan, no sleep. Was not happy.
Hotel doors also slam themselves shut.There's no way to close them quietly, they still slam. Layed there and heard everyone on my floor go in and out their rooms.
Carpet needs to be replaced. Had a big red stain in front of the bathroom door by the coffee table.
I parked on the southwest side of the Hotel/Casino and had to jump across water/stuff? coming out of a wall drain on the side of the building, running all over the sidewalk and then running into the street. Not real easy carring a heavy suitcase. What a mess. Pictures were taken of this.
I like the casino, may play here again but won't stay here if I can't get any sleep at night.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank MrsShellie
Sarah S, Boyd Gaming Digital Marketing Manager at The Orleans Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, 28 August 2012
Thank you for your recent post about your stay at The Orleans. Please accept our sincere apologies that your stay was cut short due to problems about your room and what appears to be a flooding problem in the parking lot. These issues will be reviewed and if possible; remedied. We are in the process of carpeting our guest rooms and a remodel project of our guest rooms is scheduled to start in October. With regard to the flooding in the parking lot we would appreciate the pictures so that we can look at the area you mentioned. Please feel free to contact the Hotel Director. Again our apologies for your unpleasant visit. We hope to hear from you soon.
Southern California
Reviewed 25 August 2012

We've stayed at The Orleans at least 7 or 8 times. Room value can't be beat. Always clean and spacious. Casino is well laid out and their players club program will always get you a free or discounted room down the road. They've got an arena for concerts and sporting events attached to the resort, movie theaters, huge bowling alley and lots of restaurants. The only issue I've ever had was gang bangers fighting in the bowling alley on one visit. Security was on it but they seemed reluctant to put their hands on the ones fighting....again, that was only one time and really didn't affect us. Every other visit was awesome. Planning another stay in a couple of weeks.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Rickm6
Canada
Reviewed 25 August 2012

I have stayed at the Orleans Hotel many times. This is possibly my 10th visit. Sometimes we come in a group, or sometimes there may only be 2 of us. Each time has been great. Customer Service is excellent in all areas: check-in, bellboys, eateries, concierge, floor staff, etc. Very friendly. The customer service is one of the things that brings us back. Standard rooms are larger than most hotels. I always request as close to the elevator as possible for some members of our group. The hotel has always been able to meet this request. Prices are very reasonable. On some of the reviews, I have read that the rooms smell of smoke. We always request non smoking because some of us have allergies. However, we have found that sometimes the previous occupant has not abided by the non smoking policy. Again, the hotel has always tryed to rectify this problem. They will usually move us, & then bring in these big fans. This has only happened twice to us. Much appreciated by all. As for food, you will find that it is much cheaper to eat here than on the strip. Cheaper prices does not mean that the quality is less. I have never found that to be the case. On this trip we were celebrating my birthday so we went to the Prime Rib Loft. It was fantastic. The P.R. Loft brought us a lovely chocolate cake to finish off my birthday dinner. We did not even ask for this. This was something the establishment did of their own accord. Much appreciated. Most of the stay we ate at the buffet or the cafe. Buffet has a huge selection. If you are up early enough to enjoy the breakfast buffet; it is one of the most reasonably priced (during the week). Make sure you check out the buffet menues. I think friday, saturday & sunday are more xpensive as they offer a special menue. This hotel is fairly large, so you will find that the gambling area is fairly spread out. This is a great change from some of the hotels on the strip. Many of these hotels have to maximize their square footage; thus, the machines are very close together. Smoking becomes an issue for me when the machines are too close. Back to the Orleans. Shuttle service is very convenient. They drop off directly on the strip or one of their sister hotels, The Gold Coast. If you are a bingo player; try the Gold Coast. Finally, if you are visiting Las Vegas for some R & R like we were; you will enjoy the pool. This trip we stayed for 8 days & we definitely spent some time at the pool each day. The pool is a nice size & lots of lounge chairs to choose from. On the weekends they do have wait staff around the pool. The pool area does have food service. Bar at the back of the pool. There is also a seperate wading pool for the kids & a hot tub. Security is excellent as well at this hotel. Most of the time they are very discreet. However, I have been present when there has been a problem, & I was amazed how fast security appeared. Each time I visit Vegas I always go online to check out what is available. However, The Orleans Hotel & Casino always wins out. There are many beautiful hotels to choose from, but the Orleans, for me, gives a good balance between price & amenities. If you choose this hotel I hope your experience will be as good as mine. Enjoy.

Room Tip: If a view is important, make sure you specify if you wish to face the strip or the pool. both are n...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
6 Thank Harmony
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed 25 August 2012

This was my first stay at this off-strip hotel but it won't be my las! In fact, I think this may be my new fave budget place to stay in LV--mainly because the buffets are so good and so cheap and there are so many dining and activity options including bowling, movie theaters, pool, spa, fitness center, shows, and shops. Room 530 was a bit noisy from construction vehicles due to the small non-soundproof window over the bathtub but as long as I kept the bathroom door closed it wasn't too bad. Both room and bath were spacious if dated by a faded "turn of the century elegant" decor. Carpet, drapes and wallpaper all seemed slightly dingy though I didn't notice any stains or tears. The bed was OK but I could've done with a softer/fluffier mattress and pillows. The towels were on the thin side and could've been bigger but were clean and did the job. I didn't discern any smoke in the room or hall but it was all over the casino. I paid an extra $15 for a micro fridge for my 3 night stay which I thought was reasonable. My biggest complaint is that Wifi is only available in the room for $13 a day or "free" at the main floor coffee bar. Despite the size of the hotel, I found it fairly easy to navigate and to enter/exit. Both the elevators and the valet service were prompt. Due to the weather I decided not to try the self-park option. Since I had a car I also didn't try their free shuttle service to the strip. The free fitness center wasn't huge but is better equipped than many. I did enjoy the spa which had separate wet areas for men and women with clean and functioning jacuzzi, steam and sauna for $20 all day or $50 for 3 days or free with any treatment. All in all, I think the Orleans offers better value than most strip hotels especially with its players card which allowed quite a few nice discounts on food and shopping.

Room Tip: Rooms on the west side give a great sunset views beyond the strip and the mountains but request a hi...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank zildana
Heerlen, the Netherlands
Reviewed 25 August 2012

Stayed here for a few days while in Vegas. Booked a room here since it has good reviews and isn't too expensive.
I had a great stay here, The room was big (deluxe-room) and the bed was very comfy.
The hotel is very large, clean, bright (with a lot of colours) and staff ok.
Casino is large, but not too crowded.
Lot of things to do in the hotel and some fine restaurants (even for a snack or a quick bite)
Shuttle service to the Strip!
Nice pool, but I did'n't swim. It looked ok (and clean!)

Downside? no free wi-fi, but it didn;t spoil my stay,

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends