“Relax and Casual Wins Over New and Modern” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Orleans Hotel & Casino

The Orleans Hotel & Casino
Ranked #48 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Henderson, Nevada
“Relax and Casual Wins Over New and Modern”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2014

This is not a fancy, shiny, contemporary strip hotel but rather one that has a more relaxed, casual feel. My parents (in their 80s) find this hotel easier to navigate between parking and their room, or from their room to the casino and restaurants. The rooms have a sitting area (sofa, chair and coffee table) which gives an extra place to sit and relax if you have guests or want to read and relax without having to sit on the bed or at a small desk. My only negative is the bathroom. You can close off the bathroom from the rest of the room but the bathtub/shower, toilet, sink and closet is in the same room. Wish there was a door within the bathroom for more privacy. Overall, our stay here was relaxing and enjoyable.

3 Thank gr8-s-cape

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,301)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2014

These people have taken great care of us for over 10 years now, weather it be for 2 nights or 2 weeks ,the level of service is fabulous!!! , Lots of room to park the truck and trailer too..It's easy to stay loyal to this hotel.....we are not high rollers but are always treated as VIP's . Every thing you need is here and a free shuttle to and from the strip every 20 minutes if need be . . Love the remodeled rooms too . See ya soon ... Geoff

3 Thank Geoff C
Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2014

This was our 10th stay at the Orleans over the past 11 years so I can tell you up front it is a great value, and overall a very nice place to stay. Shuttle service was superb, as was the front desk personnel. Our room was at the end of the hall (long ,long hall) and we could not make it to the elevators without every employee saying "good morning".One time we heard it 5 times! It is always good seeing the some of the same excellent employees that are still there after all these years staying here...Gilbert in the barber shop, the guard by the elevators with the crew cut (who I call "chief"), and Kari the cocktail waitress serving my wife and I Merlots at the VP machines. The Orleans must treat its employees just as good as the guests.
The remodeled room was very nice. The phone had a charging station for cell phones, however between the two of us we could not figure out how to set the alarm on this new phone/clock system. We gave up after 15 minutes and just used the alarm on my cell.
Now with the bad that cost 1/2 point....the coffee in the room was undrinkable (cleaner solution in maker?). I can say this because I like all coffee, cheap or quality. Last October when we stayed here the coffee was perfectly fine, although they had a habit of not replenishing it every day even though we left daily tips. No fun waking up in the morning with zero coffee. So basically two bad coffee stories in two trips. That is not good, that's not good at all.
Also the Courtyard Cafe had not so friendly service. I'd be more specific but I don't want to get anyone in trouble (I did leave a normal tip, fool as I am). I can patiently wait 46 minutes for the food (as we did) but can't take unfriendly service at the same time. I am sure that this generalization of the Courtyard Cafe will make it their way since I have been a big fan in the past.
Regards, jon'

4 Thank joncor18
Goodyear
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2014

Where do I start, with the fast, courteous and knowledgable check in rep, or the beautifully decorated room, great food, relaxing pool area, or the vast choice of gaming. And I can't for the $10 discount you get on your bill when you check out. Plus the shuttle that will take you to the Gold Coast Casino. If your a bingo nut like me that's a big plus. Heck it was all FANTASTIC so make your reservations soon to enjoy your own wonderful getaway.

Room Tip: Any room is great, comfortable & clean
1 Thank Carol M
Saginaw, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2014

Great if you are happy being off the strip. We had a great experience from the time we arrived until we checked out. The check-in was flawless, housekeeping was excellent, and our meals were to rave about. We were in town for a family wedding/vacation. We have many beautiful memories to cherish. Would come back on next vacation.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Mary K
Victoria, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2014

this hotel is a fantastic place off of the strip with all the amenities one needs at a very affordable price...very friendly staff and its only a five minute free shuttle from the strip and all the glitter

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank stanley639
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2014

I've stayed here in the past and it's been pleasant. This stay I decided to try out the premium rooms. I was more than impressed with the cleanliness and upgrades from the deluxe rooms. Our beds were very comfortable and I slept like a baby. Check in and check out were both a breeze and I even got a $10 room credit with my players club card so my friend and I had a nice morning breakfast buffet which was also great. I had absolutely no complaints about this place and I'll definitely be back.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends