I had some worries about staying off the strip at a hotel/casino that was charging less than $40 a night for the room. I had even more worries when I called to make confirm the reservation and somehow, the reservation that I had made directly with the hotel was cancelled. I had a confirmation number, so I was able to keep my room.
I was pretty shocked that because of the confusion about the rooms mix up, the hotel upgraded me to a suite at no extra charge. A very nice gesture.
I was staying there for work-related training, so I didn't take full advantage of all the complex has to offer like the 70 lane bowling alley and pool. The hotel appeared to be well maintained and there was ongoing work to upgrade some of the older rooms.
The casino is just like many of the others in Las Vegas. There are a number of bars and restaurants here. The Prime Rib Loft is very good and a great value.
If you are traveling to Vegas on a budget, this would be a great place to stay. You need a cab or bus to get to the Strip, but I'm guessing that it's a $10-$12 cab ride each way. It's also close and easy to get to from the airport.
If you are traveling with a large vehicle, say a semi, RV, travel trailer or boat, this would be a great place to stay as they have a large surface parking lot next to the hotel. Don't know if they charge you for the parking, but I did see a number of larger vehicles in the lot during my stay.
A couple of negatives. You are off the strip and going anyplace else I going to involve taking your car, a cab or a bus. There isn't anything else around the hotel/casino.
During my stay, the hotel was a mix of older retired age people and families with children. Not a problem unless you are looking to hang out with hot babes by the pool and party until dawn. This isn't the place for that.
It's pretty quiet during the day and it does pick up a little bit at night.
Overall, if you are looking for a inexpensive place to stay in Las Vegas, this is your Hotel.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ebookers, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Southall Travel, Ctrip TA, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your The Orleans Hotel & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Orleans Hotel Las Vegas
- The Orleans Hotel And Casino
- Orleans Las Vegas
- Orleans Hotel Las Vegas
- Orleans Hotel Casino
- New Orleans Hotel Las Vegas
- Las Vegas Orleans Hotel
- The Orleans Hotel & Casino Las Vegas