I been visiting vegas once or twice a year for over 20 years. I know the city backwards and forwards and I must say that it has changed a great deal in that time unfortunately not for the better. The orleans opened in the mid 90 s in the coast family of properties. It was my favorite place to stay and by all acounts a " hidden gem ". Since boyd gaming took over this property several years ago it has gone down hill. It is still an O k value but it used to be amazing. now Its very hit or miss. The cut backs are obvious wether its a result of the economy or poor management after my last 2 stays i will not be back.There are far better values with much better service to waste your time with this now mediocre establishment and let me give you my reasons. 1. Valet was once the fastest and best in vegas now horrible at best, and i mean every time 20 min wait min no excuse. and im a great tipper which makes it doubley hard to swallow. 2. service and i mean all service wether it be front desk drink girls or restaraunts etc. mediorcre at best.
3. The gambling staff attitudes are the worst. used to be very friendly now they are inexcusably poor.
4. food from the buffet to the cafe in all eaterys there used to be excellent not just good but great . now the only one that i would recomend is big als oyster bar the food there is still fabulous but the wait staff is exceptionally poor. if you eat there sit at the counter. Food is dynamite.The buffet used to be considered the best value in vegas. now all you see there are hoards of nasty locals feeding their grose kids digusting food for a cheap price.
5. Thats what most of their clientel has become the local dregs hanging about with their kids. Apparantly the orleans is so desperate for business this is acceptable by them.
Now im not picky by any stretch but I believe if your going to do something you should give it your best effort. Wether that be running a casino or just acting civil in any social situation that involves a large mix of peolple. The current management and staff have obviously lowered their standards to the great new amway mentality. This hotel was once a great value but is now just a cheap place to stay. Dont get me wrong its definitely not the wost place to stay and it may appeal to you. However for me I have found better values elsewhere that provide exceptional service. the 2 places I would recomend are South Point or the golden nugget. If price is not an issue try mandallay bay( great property). Dont be fooled by places like Bellaio or the Wynn or the biggest joke cesears. Nothing more than people trying to pad their egos with money and trust me ive stayed at every kind of propety in vegas low to high. Once again if you need a cheap place to stay you could do worse than the orleans even if you spent more money. But dont expect much from this place its nowhere near what it used to be and its reputation far exceeds its current managements and employees ability.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, LoveHolidays, Booking.com, Southall Travel, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your The Orleans Hotel & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Orleans Hotel Las Vegas
- The Orleans Hotel And Casino
- Orleans Las Vegas
- Orleans Hotel Las Vegas
- Orleans Hotel Casino
- New Orleans Hotel Las Vegas
- Las Vegas Orleans Hotel
- The Orleans Hotel & Casino Las Vegas