The Orleans Hotel & Casino
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
  • Pool
6,145 results
All reviewsbowling alleyprime rib loftcourtyard cafeoff the stripfrench market buffetfree shuttlemovie theaterbig al's oyster barthe gold coastfood courtvideo pokerpoker roomrooms are largesitting areashuttle servicecoupon bookcoffee table
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 12 September 2009

I'm gonna make it simple:

Pros:
- Price
- Very large and clean rooms with sitting area
- Full-length mirror (definitely comes in handy when going out)
- Movie theater and bowling alley on property
- Very fairly priced buffet with pretty good food
- Free shuttle to the strip that left very frequently
- The pool area was a bit dull but clean and we never had a problem getting chairs.

Cons:
- Closet is in the bathroom (not sure why that made sense to somebody)
- Poor water pressure in shower
- Casino full of smokers (even in nonsmoking section!) so we couldn't gamble there.
- The fact that the shuttle ends at 12AM (seems late but isn't late enough in Vegas)
- The $5 resort fee per night for the fitness center, etc. is ridiculous since we didn't use it.

Overall, it is definitely a hotel worth staying in and would go back in a heartbeat if the price stays low. Can't beat the price and it isn't too far from the strip.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 September 2009

Stayed at the Orleans for four nights. The room rates were fantastic. The room was very clean and quite large. The bed was comfortable, but the bedding left a bit to be desired. One thin blanket and a sheet, no comforter. The casino was very large and had all of the table games and a good variety of slots. Unfortunately while we were there, 2 of the restaurants were closed. We did eat at the Prime Rib Loft, which I liked, but I had chicken. My husband had prime rib and was not impressed. We also ate a Don Miguels. Very good and a good value as well. We had breakfast at the buffet, and while it was no Bellagio, for the price it was good. For me the main negative about the Orleans is the location. While there was the shuttle to the strip, it is more convenient to get to other casinos and restaurants when staying on the strip. Again, it was a great value for the money and we had a fantastic time while we were there.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank runninggal78
Reviewed 9 September 2009

The hotel it self was clean. The room was a little out dated, but you get what you pay for. The beds were comfortable and the service was fine.
The bad part about this hotel was the people that hang out here. Very
drunk and scary people at night. I'm not talking partiers either I'm talking drunk
and creepy! There were times where I had to get up and leave just to get away
from some of them. I difantly will never stay here again, sorry!! I'm going back
to green Valley, first class all the way!

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank macoswife
Reviewed 7 September 2009

We stayed at the Orleans and had a great time. There was so much to do in and around the hotel. The pub across the street was fantastic. The location was great because we could drive down a side road and avoid all the trafic on the strip whenever we went there. We pretty much entertained ourselves for 4 days straight just at the Orleans there was lots to do and unpretentious. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with friends
4  Thank Vanghus
Reviewed 6 September 2009

I was staying in Vegas on business for the week. Enjoyed the spacious and quiet room. Individual A/C control is very precise. Small work desk, comfortable bed, safe to put my paperwork in, all very nice. 24 hour food or entertainment downstairs. Ate at Big Al's Oyster Bar downstairs. It had just been renovated and the food was outstanding. Ordered the gumbo and instead of spooning some out of a pre-made batch, the chef hand selects shrimp, chicken, sausage, vegetables, spices, and sauce and cooks your own serving in a small stainless pot. The pot is one of maybe 10 in a row that is used to cook each individual order as is comes in. They are all lined up in a row right at the bar. Fun to watch as each dish is prepared to order right in front of you. Best gumbo I have ever eaten. Worked on it for 20 minutes then had to ask for a to go box so not to waste a bite. Fabulous, and not too expensive. I always have to watch my expenses on the road, and I wish every place I stay was as good as the week spent here.

Stayed: September 2009, travelled on business