“Loved it!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #48 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Kansas City, Missouri
“Loved it!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 November 2009

The Orleans is just off the strip. The staff is mostly a friendly one. The Check-in was a bit cold by the little girl at the counter , she looked bored and un-interested in us as a paying guest and she delt with us in like fashion. This would have been a great op for The Orleans to shine. At this time we should have been told where everything was and the rules (including the 5.00 per day resort fee) The in-room cost of internet (which is 12.99 per day) however you can acess it at Seattle'ss Best for free. She should also have told us that the security guard at the elevators would check our right to be in the hotel portion of the casino. I Knew about this only from Trip Advisor. But I would rather have them check it. The only time we were checked was at shift change, otherwise we were free to come and go - you just need to say hello to security on your way too and from so that they will remember you.
The Orleans has a shuttle that will take you to the strip. It runs from 9am to 12:30 am and picks up about every 10 min. If you prefer a cab: cost from the MGM Grand to the hotel was only 6.50 (remember to tip) The French market buffet is amazing and fairly inexpensive. You can buy a wristband for all three meals for the cost of dinner and lunch. If you don't go for any other reason - go for the desserts. Those are worth the cost alone.
All the staff on the floor were very helpfull. from the maids to the food court to the cocktail waitresses on the floor.
I would highly recommend The Orleans. The decor alone is different from the rest of the casino - and fun.
Rooms are very clean and exactly as pictured. No bait and switch going on here. Coffe pot is actually a single serve pod brewed into a cup. Safe didn't have any instructions (again check-in should have explained) Beds clean and comfortable. Very little noise could be heard by near-by quest rooms. Some of the rooms have great views of the strip.
Parking is on an open muli-level structure, Walking to room with 5 bags was a bit of a pain but they do have a valet. Very secure and is patrolled.
Pool area is pretty but closes at 6pm. Hot tub is circular and has a nest of palm trees in the center. Cabana's are available and the lifeguards are very nice.

1 Thank lanavictoria

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,302)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Colorado Mountains
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 November 2009

We chose this hotel based on Tripadvisor comments. Our room had filthy carpet and a chemical smell. We had to run the cold water faucet for 5 minutes to get cold out because we were at the end of the hall and the hot and cold pipes must lay too close together and we initially had hot coming out of both sides of the faucet. The hallways are beautiful, but the whole place is a bit "scuzzy". We have two small kids and didn't like the way that this hotel centers everything around the Casino. The women serving in the Casino wear a sort of Playboy Bunny outfit and it is a bit much for small children and a man who would rather focus on the beauty of his family.

3 Thank RiverRogue
Joliet Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2009

Las Vegas is in general FAST, we find The Orleans a much needed relaxing property. The Orleans has all the amenities of any of the large resorts, but with a homey touch. The Prime Rib at the "Rib Loft" is to die for, and at an extremely reasonable price. I highly recomend The Orleans, but to be selfish would prefer to keep it my secret get away.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mckc2420
Tennessee
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2009

We stayed at The Orleans from November 4-8, 2009. The hotel is getting pretty run down for the price. The room was clean and comfortable except for the air conditioning. The room would not get cold enough for us at night (only down to around 70) and the air conditioning unit ran all night and was very loud. I think there are better buys elsewere.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled as a couple
CALIFORNIA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2009

Once again, great stay at the ORLEANS. service great, drinks great, staff friendly and helpful. brunch on sunday has improved imo, my meal at the oyster bar was part very good and part ok. love the chowder, crap salad was blah. i will continue to stay at the ORLEANS. I would only suggest after reading other reviews is to have a vehicle or stay on the STRIP if u are a VEGAS first timer.

1 Thank dino p
Burlington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2009

The people at the Orleans are all very friendly, courteous and helpful with anything you need. Our stay was very comfortable and we had a great time too.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank Donna51119
Buenos Aires
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 November 2009

I wanted to pay for the hotel rooms for my Dad, stepmom, and 2 older sisters, and I spent a lot of time cruising through Expedia, reading all the reviews. I wanted to show them a good time, so I looked for a deal on the Strip at first. Then, decided to go for The Orleans off the Strip, to save a little bit of money so that I could have some money left for the rest of the solo part of my trip back to the States.

Good choice. It´s a lot of hotel for the 35-40 bucks a night I paid per room. You really didn´t need to leave the hotel for the strip, because everything is in there. It's pretty large. My step-mom and my sisters spent the bulk of their money on the in-house slots, we had most of our meals there; and they had a very nice,well-equipped gym which I used the 3 days we were there. They had an outside pool and a movie theater that we didn't use, but it was nice that they were available.

The rooms were very spacious.. My sisters aren't tiny people with small personalities, so I was concerned that we would feel claustrophobic in a short amount of time. However, the room with 2 queen beds was large enough for all of us to sleep and to co-exist comfortably. The bathroom was a nice size, and there was a small sitting area with a 2-seater couch, another chair, and a coffee table. The room also included a coffee machine. My parents were across the hall in their room with 1 king bed that was comfortable, too. Very clean, spacious, and quiet.

I'm not much of a gambler, but my family seemed to enjoy it. It seemed like it offered a nice variety of games, but I can't make too many comments about that. The only thing I didn't like was that there was smoking allowed in the gambling hall, but I suppose that's to be expected.

The restaurants were good. We tried the Chinese place, the cafe, and the morning buffet. All were relatively inexpensive, with a decent variety of food. The hotel gave us coupons for the the buffet when we checked in.

The free shuttle to the strip was a good feature. We took it out there, and it dropped us off across the street from Caesar's Palace. We ended up taking a taxi back, which wasn't that expensive. We also took a taxi out to one of the shopping outlets, which had some pretty good deals. There was plenty of free parking around the hotel.

Overall, it was a great stay and very easy on my wallet! I would definitely return.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled with family