“16th Floor Tower Room”

Palace Station Hotel and Casino
Ranked #130 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed 24 November 2011

I was very pleased with my 5-night stay. When booking my room online, I read previous reviews and chose the Tower Rooms, and had no regrets.
I had a Tower Room on the Non-Smoking 16th floor with a North View. It had 2 Queen beds, and the room was spacious. I requested a coffee maker, and it was delivered to the room within minutes of the request. Although it was a 1-cup at a time coffee maker. The maid service was excellent, keeping my room clean, bed changed, and plenty of coffee. The room temperature was 71F(21C) when I entered the room and I found it too warm, and reset it to 60F(16C), keeping the fan on low for much of my stay.

I have back issues, and found the bed to be very comfortable and contours to my body. It was a 'Serta Presidential Suite' pillow-top mattress that was put there in April 2011. I checked the labels.

The $14.99 Hotel fee includes the high speed internet. When you turn on your computer it will say there is a $5.99/day charge. I talked to the front desk about this and was told that it is charged to your room but then taken off your bill when you check-out. And they did take it off. But do remember to mention that to them when you check-out to make sure it happens.
You also get a daily newspaper sitting outside your room door. It seems to be delivered around 2AM, although someone must have been taking mine as I didn't get one for the first 2 days of my 5 night stay.

Convenient & friendly Shuttle service to and from the airport and Strip. The driver even helps by loading your baggage.

The Buffet was plentiful and great taste. A good price as well. If you have the Stations Boarding Pass Card, you get a discount on the price. BUFFET TIP: Get the Dinner Buffet at the Lunch Price by going 20 minutes before Lunch is over. Then you pay the lunch price, and the Dinner Buffet is starting to be put out shortly thereafter. You can start with your soup/salad and then enjoy the Dinner Buffet.

The Casino seems too be a favororite for Locals. I seen way more locals than hotel guests playing machines and tables. The average age seems to be 40-plus crowd.

Room Tip: Choose the Tower rooms over the Courtyard. A friend stayed in the courtyard and it was okay, but muc...
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
3  Thank Badbusinessbureau

Reviewed 19 November 2011

Good value for money. The tower rooms are a must. The Oyster Bar is a nifty place.

• Stayed: November 2011
2  Thank MikeMaynes
Reviewed 19 November 2011

Great deal for the price and value. I am very particular about having a clean room. I understand this was a 3 star resort, so I was alittle worried. Overall nice room, and most important, it was clean. Bed was comfortable. Nice flat screen and not outdated. The overall casino had a feeling of a local resort. The Buffet not so good, Ok at best. Chinese restaruant was very good.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank 1jmiz
Reviewed 18 November 2011

I always stay at the Palace Station. Older rooms but clean. Great place to gamble and have fun. Cocktail waitress comes around often and staff is friendly. Palace Station has the best Oyster Bar and great rewards program for gamblers.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Maria B
Reviewed 18 November 2011

Staff very friendly and accomodating. Clean and good security for comfort. Machines pay out fair. Oyster Bar is to die for..Grand Cafe chef needs attitude adjustment....Be careful of which room you can get, some have very small TV's...mine fortunately had a 42" LG. Not too many cahnnels to choose from, but had enough of the basics. Definitely will go again!

Room Tip: Book online for best rates....
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank David H
Reviewed 17 November 2011

Wonderfully inviting from the moment I arrived. I stayed first in the courtyard rooms. Older, but very clean and well appointed. Although they were conveniently located they would have been more of a hike for my 89 year old mother in law who stayed with me on my second night. The staff went out of their way to upgrade my room for that night so that she would be close to an elevator. The employees were, without exception, courteous, helpful, and seemed to actually enjoy their jobs. The location was ideal for me as there was a shuttle to both the airport and the strip . . . without the congestion of the strip right outside your door. The price was reasonable and the stay memorable.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Lee C
Reviewed 17 November 2011

I'll be perfectly honest, i hate to tell the truth for fear the whole world will invade "our" casino. We've been going to vegas for 20 yrs. We have stayed @ palace almost every time. We've watched vegas supersize & contort. The frenetic fabrication has made most casinos impossible to gamble in with obnoxious loud music & thick bricks of slow moving tourists few of whom seem the least bit interested in gambling. "Our" palace station has stayed the course & remained a CASINO, loyal to the people who want a hotel/casino that cares. Palace has what we come to vegas for: personal suave gaming with experienced interested personnel. The hotel is clean. The food is good. We really appreciate this hotel for not giving in to the juvenile "Strip" mentality. Palace had people in their casino actually gambling & having fun...we could hear the pinging of the slots, we could hear the people, we could hear the different tv's & music from the different sources, my point is, the choice was ours and we spent most of our 5 days gambling & eating right in palace station & it was perfect.

• Stayed: October 2011