“Nice for the pice” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #135 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
sanjose
“Nice for the pice”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2013

Stayed he from May 30 to June 4th. (Still here) Booked the Jr.Suite online, got a good price with an option to upgrade if available when checking in. Unfortunately no regular suite were available due to the WUSTE Car show.
Room is a good size, has a king bed, couch and 2 chairs. The view was OK, they 1st put me on 7031, faces the dock area (if you look down) I asked to be changed to the other side, 8002. that has a city view or the parking structure i you look down.

It's no Caesars Palace, but the room is fine.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (582)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2013 via mobile

We needed a quiet room to spend our last night of a long vacation. I used another travel site to find the cheapest room and was surprised to see Palace Station for just $20! I checked their website and found the rooms had recently been updated. The front desk host was sweet, upgraded us to a tower room. It was beautiful! Clean and modern, with awesome soaps. Palace station is a perfect location for Vegas, close to the strip and freeway.

• Stayed May 2013
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2013

We booked a trip at Palace Station through Allegiant air. We knew it was a budget trip so we didn't have the highest expectations. We were WRONG! We stayed May 27-30, 2013. Pulled up to the Valet in our rental and we were in the Hotel in no time. Easy and friendly check in. Took a glass elevator ride up to the 16th floor. We stayed in the tower. I would definitely recommend this as the courtyard was a little more dated. Rooms were nice. Good mattresses, good water pressure, nice view of the north strip. Housekeeping was great. Provided us with everything we needed. Palace is a smaller, off strip hotel that caters to the locals which we like. Any game you want to play and we found the slots here to be the loosest of anywhere we gambled on this trip. Dining options are great with daily specials and reasonable drink prices. Cocktail girls come around often and are very pleasant. .99 Margaritas 24/7 in the Palace!!!!!
Breakfast buffet daily until 10:30 am. 4.99 with player card... We only ate the breakfast buffet and did a late breakfast each day. It was pretty basic but had everything you would want/need even a made-to-order omelette bar. Palace has two pools and two hot tubs. Both pools are small but secluded and very well taken care of. If you like the hustle and bustle of a Caesar's Palace type pool then its probably not for you. Overall, we really enjoyed our stay at Palace Station and would definitely stay there again. I will recommend this Hotel/Casino to all my friends and family.

Room Tip: Make sure to get the Luxury Tower! Ask for a room above the 10th floor for better views
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Kirk M
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2013 via mobile

This hotel isn't anything extravagant. It is off the strip, so be aware of this. The rooms are nice, with a decent view. There are no coffee makers or fridges in the room, so remember that when you need a nice brew in the morning. Would recommend to anyone looking for a decent place to stay. I don't gamble and am not this biggest fan of Vegas ( here on work) so my opinion may not me the best for an excited Vegas traveller.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank Eshleman13
washington
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2013

Stayed during memorial day weekend, it was very quiet at the palace station compared to the strip which was bombarded with young kids partying ( yes i know that is what its all about ) and i will choose a different weekend.So if you play your cards right you don't have to take a taxi they have a shuttle every hour. Yes i have stayed in swanky rooms in vegas but hardly in them. these rooms in the court yard was ok i thought they were clean and cool. the buffet was cheap and pretty good.
Lots of places to eat and a starbucks. got my haircut and styled by martina it looked great. I have to mention nora who was out server at the buffet she was nice and attentive. i would stay again in a heartbeat. thanks palce station it was a blast!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank cindywashington
Tucson, AZ
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2013

I don't particularly care for Las Vegas--except for Palace Station.

Palace Station is located a little off the strip, so when I visit, I feel like I'm out of the congestion and hubbub of the strip. Palace Station doesn't try to be glitzy or to hit you over the head with some theme. There are a few train cars parked around the property, so I guess if this casino/hotel has a theme, it would be "trains." But that's low-key.

I think Palace Station still offers a complimentary shuttle (van) to Fashion Show mall and the strip for patrons who are staying at the hotel.

My first experience with Palace Station was about six years ago when my husband and I ate at their buffet one night. I was smitten with the quirkiness of the high-friction yellow table tops in the dining room and what at the time was a kooky blue light shining through the ice bins holding cold beers at the cashier area. The servers in the restaurant were all friendly, even if not very attentive or effusive. I think Palace Station might treat its restaurant servers well because, unlike almost any other hotel I've ever stayed at or eaten at, years later I am still seeing the same employees working in the hotel's buffet. That gives me a good feeling because I like employees to be being treated well.

The food is not very high quality in Feast, the Palace Station buffet. So you should be careful about what you put on your plate, food safety-wise. I.e. I would not recommend getting shrimp (unless fried) or egg-heavy dishes unless they look well past done. *But* their buffet is super-inexpensive, especially if you like the place well enough (which I do) to sign up for their discount card, which is called a "Boarding Pass." (This is actually what brought us in the first visit. Their marquee out front read, "Buffet discount with Boarding Pass." We still had our boarding passes from our airline flight to Vegas and showed those at the cashier area, only to have the cashier explain about the capital-B, capital-P Boarding Pass.)

After several years worth of visits to their buffet and always having a happy, fun, relaxed experience after dinner, also, exploring around their video arcade, poking around in their gift shop, watching the view of the city while ascending in their glass elevator, I begged my husband to agree for us to stay the night there. We stayed a couple of nights as hotel guests back maybe 4 years ago, some time back, but I always eat at Palace Station each time I attend an annual late-March/early-April conference--as I did this year, April 2013.)

OK, so the room was not very clean. It was a little linty and dusty around the edges. There were a couple of (laundered/fresh-smelling) men's boxer shorts in one of the drawers in the closet bureau (which was, otherwise, clean) and a peanut M & M under the TV console. But this wasn't a huge deal. The main cleanliness issues I care about are bathroom sink and toilet, both of which seemed fine.

The room was relatively quiet for our two-night stay, although that could have been due to low occupancy rate. The bed was reasonable in terms of firmness/softness. Not great, but OK.

Bottom line: I guess I just like the over all ambience at Palace Station and being able to fill up at their buffet in a homey setting, spending very little money.

Room Tip: If you want an excuse to ride in their glass-walled elevator (and thus catch a great view of the cit...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Albuquerque, NM
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2013

My favorite part about this hotel are the $1 margaritas at the casino. The pool is awful! Some of the rooms are nice with new furniture, some of the other ones, particularly at the 'garden level' are a little older looking. Everything is a taxi ride away, so if you're trying to save money by staying here, think about how many taxi rides you're going to take (around 15-20 bucks just to get to the strip.)

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple