“Beware”

Palace Station Hotel and Casino
Ranked #131 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed 22 April 2014

Beware of the rooms in the courtyard. They need to be torn down. First no signs on walls to guide you to the rooms. Room smelled of mildew or maybe its was the smell of a old house cuz everything in the room is old from the bed to the tv .Even the iron was old. Then had to deal with BED BUGS. I'm still scratching my legs. The rooms in the courtyard are worst then a motel 6. Never wrote a review on any thing before but I had to on this place. Palace Station should really be a shame of themselves for still booking these room. All I can say is you been warned if you book a room in the courtyard. DO NOT DO IT!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Pay extra $20 for a room in the tower
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
7  Thank jimmy m

Reviewed 18 April 2014

We arrived at 11pm exhausted after 5 hours of flying and we're ready to climb into bed. However, the room with 1 big bed we had been promised "was not available" and my wife and I were given a room with 2 small beds. However, easy to spot on those two small beds, was dirt and enough human hair to make a wig. "All I want is to take a bath." My wife says. Easier said than done since our room only had a shower. I went to talk to the front desk. They offered another room, but didn't seem like this was anything new. I asked for the same room, but I wanted to watch the girl change the sheets so I knew clean ones were put on and I want being moved to another dirty room. Unfortunately that would be a problem because there was only one maid type person on that night and there were 4 rooms in front of me that had in requests for sheet changes.... are you kidding? I asked for a room with a tub but unfortunately.."they don't have that here." Room plus resort fees this room was over a hundred dollars and I wouldn't stay here again if someone paid me the hundred.

• Stayed: April 2014
3  Thank splatt221
Reviewed 17 April 2014

I just wanted to give a huge thank you to our waiter Fernando and the Manager-On-Duty Sharon for fixing the discrepancy in our bill. We live behind Palace and are there at least 5 times a week to eat, play BINGO and gamble. We love Palace Station and feel we our treated extremely well.

2  Thank Peter N
Reviewed 17 April 2014

I thuroughly enjoy staying at Palace Station. I'm a Boarding Pass member and take advantage of the benefits. All the restaraunts and bars are worth visiting and offer various food and drink specials. The food, drinks and service have always been good. Check-in, check-out is always handled friendly and efficiently. I,m not a big gambler but spend some time in the casino. The action is never boring. I have two minor complaints. My Courtyard Room bed needed a new matress and the walls were thin. The couple in the room next to us seemed to have some unresolvable issues. This wasn't the hotels fault and I didn't report it to anyone. The Courtyard maze of corridors sometimes made finding my room a challenge. I don't mind this and consider it part of the adventure.

Reviewed 16 April 2014

Our stay was 5 days while we were recuperating from a horrible cold. We were in the old "motel" portion. The room was average in size. Had the amenities we needed. Was nothing special but the price was right. Housekeeping: One lady did a super job on our nasty germ ridden room. The next lady did just what she had to do. One got a nice tip, the other did not!
The bath is new tile. The shower is awful. It is so strong, like a fire hose. I was always flooding the floor....grrrr.
We loved the buffet and the price was very reasonable. Huge selection & variety.
The café was also very good. Their minestrone soup was a huge hit. It spoiled me. As did the other meals we ate there. Sandwiches/soups/spaghetti. Yum.
The casino was just like all the casinos...just for fun.
Overall, for the low low price, we had a very good experience. If we wanted to pay 3x's to 8x's
the price elsewhere, we could have chosen that option.
Rating is a "very good" for the type of room we chose.
Definitely would recommend this location.

1  Thank suzannet938
Reviewed 13 April 2014

Didn't stay here, but gambled at this Station Casino on a recent trip. They recently quietly changed the calculation of the club so $1 coin-in gave you one-third of the value it had before – just one point instead of 3. Beware of their 3x “promotion” - - it is not a promotion at all. It merely keeps the point values the same as before. Very dishonest and sneaky move not to tell club players about the decline in point value. I'm sure from a PR standpoint, this will hurt them in the long run.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 April 2014

We moved to the area and needed a room for our family for a few days until out belongings arrived. We kind of decided to get a hotel room at the last minute, so we weren't sure what to expect. We got a room in the Courtyard section, which reading the reviews prior, we had some concerns.
The room was very nice and updated. Did NOT smell like smoke, though we did smell a bit in the hallway. The room itself was a bit snug for a family of four, one bed in the room would have been comfortable, but the two made it a bit tight. Only had shower, no bathtub, though this was fine for us. Went to the pool area. It was nice, you can tell that this is the older section of hotel however, it has been maintained for the most part. Towels at pool were gone, we had to phone for some more that were promptly delivered. As we weren't visiting the casino, we did not go into that part. It worked great for what we needed, clean and secure. I would try it again or put guest visiting us there with no apprehension. Good value!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family