“not a good place for family”

Palace Station Hotel and Casino
Ranked #133 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Fairfield, California
“not a good place for family”
Reviewed 2 May 2014

Our room was way way too far from the main lobby and there's no sign how to get to the main building. It was very inconvenient always figuring out which is the right way. Plus the guy in the information was not helpful- busy with his cellphone..

Room Tip: Be prepared for your $100.00 deposit for each room. It takes 2 weeks at least before you can have yo...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (613)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Westerville, Ohio, United States
Reviewed 30 April 2014

An older hotel but many rooms are remodeled.The casino is small but there are many machines to choose from and the tables are fair. Decent selection of food. The staff is friendly especially the helpful bellhops. Lots of special events happening at this hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Nick O
Austin, TX
Reviewed 29 April 2014

The room was, well, it was a room. A little dusty but that's honestly being nit-picky. My problem with this place is that it is not close to the strip or to Freemont St. To me, that is what a Vegas Trip is all about.
The staff was pretty nice.
The breakfast buffet was below average.

Gambling:
I'm not a smoker and it does not offend me. When I go to a casino I expect that. But good Lord! I believe it was a prerequisite to be a smoker in order to gamble.

The tables were inexpensive and dealers were professional for the most part. It appeared the employees did not have a break room or a place to drop their stuff because I saw bags and coats dropped by the staff as they came in to work. Once again, this is little stuff, but nevertheless, things I noticed.

I wasn't too keen on seeing a homeless a guy sleeping on a chair in front of a slot machine. Some would say, well maybe it was just a guy who was partied out, it happens at Planet Hollywood all the time! True, but I'm gonna trust my instincts on this one and say the strong odor of urine and funk tipped me off to this guy being down and out on his luck. (I'm not anti homeless, once again, just telling you what I observed.)

Workout room:
looks like a big walk in closet. (No spa)

......and I wouldn't be a true Vegas critic unless I complained about the comps. I played craps nearly every night I was there (5 nights) along with 3 Card and video poker. I think I got about $4.00's knocked off my bill at the gift shop.

My opinion about comps and Vegas anyways is that it is a thing of a past for folks like me. Bringing in a couple grand to a casino is nothing. Whether you are at the Bellagio or the good ol Palace Station you should not expect much.

Restaurants were alright. The Guinness Beer at the Irish Pub was flat. That could cause a riot in some cities across the land!

All in all, I don't "hate" the PS, I just would rather stay closer to the action and the rest of the people. But like they advertise, they love the locals.

Room Tip: A room facing off to the south will give you a better view of the strip.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank theheat01

Travellers are raving about these Las Vegas hotels

Inglewood, California
Reviewed 28 April 2014 via mobile

Stayed at the tower. Glad we booked it. Even security told me the courtyard rooms are bad.

As someone that works in the hotel industry, I tend to be super picky when it comes to my hotel rooms. This room was fantastic though. The bed I found amazing even though by boyfriend said it was too soft hehehe. Love the modern look! Front desk was very efficient with check in and I'm trusting check out will be the same (yeah still here).

My only dislike was a blackjack dealer last night. The woman was throwing the cards and had a terrible attitude. My boyfriend nor I knew of their ways for blackjack (card swiping and some other strange customs to us) and she would get mad. How bout tell us kindly so we will stay and play?

That dislike is the only reason for the missing point. Hopefully in the future we won't encounter such grumpy dealers.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank BadWolf1989
Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
Reviewed 26 April 2014

Good beds and good shower.
Everything was old but very clean.
But with this price you can find hotels with bathtub everywhere in Las Vegas.
In my room there was no free WIFI.= WIFI costs 5.9$/day!!!( If you stay in public places there is free wifi. I wonder why this hotel doesn't serve free WIFI in the rooms...)
So for the people who are addicted to internet I cannot recommend this hotel.

After all nothing special and so so cheap.

If you are going to play in casinos and eat in this hotel I can recommend this hotel. Because the buffet is great for the price and easy to eat free as long as you are going to play in casinos. ( in Major casinos it is not easy to eat free this feast. I liked the buffet here a lot.)

Room Tip: if you gonna stay in standard room try to stay near the entrance. you may have chance to have free w...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
San Diego, California
Reviewed 25 April 2014

We decided to drive in a day early and the price was right at the Palace Station. We had a courtyard two queen unit. The unit was clean and accommodating for our needs. There were no signs on the walls as to which direction our unit was. The map I was given at check in didn't coordinate with the room numbers, and after driving for six hours we were exhausted and really didn't want to deal with this. For what we paid I can't complain about the room or location. The bed linens were clean and many rooms in Vegas are musty because of the air conditioning and the heat in Vegas. So you just have to deal with that. We ate at the 24 hour café and signed up for the players card which gave us a discount on the food. It was well worth the price. We will stay again if the price is right!

Room Tip: The courtyard room we had was really close to the Casino it was in the 1800 block and really close t...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reno, Nevada, United States
Reviewed 24 April 2014

Great Casino, not to far from the strip. Really Clean rooms. My Husband & Have stayed at many casinos in Vegas but dont find a point to pay ridicules amounts to stay on the strip, beside traffic is bad on the strip. Just Don't stay inn the courtyard.

Room Tip: Don't stay in the Courtyard
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple