“Stay away from this dump” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Palace Station Hotel and Casino

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Palace Station Hotel and Casino
Ranked #135 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
New York City, New York
“Stay away from this dump”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2014

his place is a dump. We were booked into the courtyard. To get there you had to walk through the loading/garbage dock. The smell in the corridors and the room was nauseating. The room was filthy and the bed looked like it had not been changed and their was dried urine and feces under the toilet bowel seat. When we complained the staff was nice enough to change us to a tower suite for an additional $20.00 per day. The room itself was spacious but the furnishings and rug were dated and dirty. That room was also adjacent to a roof top. The stair case to get to the roof top was over our room. We heard the staff and who knows who else accessing the roof via the staircase at all hours of the night. In order to get to the pool you have to walk through the lovely courtyard area. Make sure to hold your nose. Our advise, stay somewhere else.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank brooklyn196960763

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (582)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Portland, Oregon
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2014

I stayed at this location so that I could be in the same location as my friends, but I will never-ever stay at this place again. First, upon check-in the room I reserved (non-smoking king) was not available, the only option was a king bed with the option of smoking or a double bed. Second, I can tolerate a lot of things, the poor service, the waiter who hates her job, the check-in dance, all these plus several other nagging nuisances are tolerable. But the room itself was the absolute worse. If you have bad allergies please do not stay here, there was dust everywhere, the ventilation is poor, between nose bleeds and dry sinus it was terrible for those few hours I stayed in the room.... Fortunately we were always on the go but just the thought of going back to that room was draining. Then, of course you look for some allergy meds and agree to pay $5 for two pills.

The easy option would’ve been to check out and stay somewhere, but again if you have bad allergies - - Warning Do Not Stay Here!!!!

Room Tip: !!!!!!!!!! Warning Do Not Stay Here If You Have Bad Allergies !!!!!!!!!!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Simp111

Travellers are raving about these Las Vegas hotels

Tacoma
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2014 via mobile

Right away we upgraded our room in the tower after reading some of the reviews. So glad I did. It was a nice room. Only complaint I have was there was no bath tub. My husband had knee replacement two months ago and a bath helps with his pain. Was hard to get to and back from the strip. Will be staying next time on the strip.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Burbank, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2014

I stayed there in room 8020. Carpet was very dirty but did not get back to room till 3 am and left at six to go on an all day trip. when i got up I had six bites. Big bites. So i called front desk, they sent up security who took pictures and relocated us to another room. They were very accomodating. i have stayed there several times in the past and never had a problem. But they should not have rented that room without cleaning the carpet and drapes.I probably will not stay there again

Room Tip: go somewhere else
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Fairfield, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2014

Our room was way way too far from the main lobby and there's no sign how to get to the main building. It was very inconvenient always figuring out which is the right way. Plus the guy in the information was not helpful- busy with his cellphone..

Room Tip: Be prepared for your $100.00 deposit for each room. It takes 2 weeks at least before you can have yo...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Westerville, Ohio, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2014

An older hotel but many rooms are remodeled.The casino is small but there are many machines to choose from and the tables are fair. Decent selection of food. The staff is friendly especially the helpful bellhops. Lots of special events happening at this hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Nick O
Austin, TX
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2014

The room was, well, it was a room. A little dusty but that's honestly being nit-picky. My problem with this place is that it is not close to the strip or to Freemont St. To me, that is what a Vegas Trip is all about.
The staff was pretty nice.
The breakfast buffet was below average.

Gambling:
I'm not a smoker and it does not offend me. When I go to a casino I expect that. But good Lord! I believe it was a prerequisite to be a smoker in order to gamble.

The tables were inexpensive and dealers were professional for the most part. It appeared the employees did not have a break room or a place to drop their stuff because I saw bags and coats dropped by the staff as they came in to work. Once again, this is little stuff, but nevertheless, things I noticed.

I wasn't too keen on seeing a homeless a guy sleeping on a chair in front of a slot machine. Some would say, well maybe it was just a guy who was partied out, it happens at Planet Hollywood all the time! True, but I'm gonna trust my instincts on this one and say the strong odor of urine and funk tipped me off to this guy being down and out on his luck. (I'm not anti homeless, once again, just telling you what I observed.)

Workout room:
looks like a big walk in closet. (No spa)

......and I wouldn't be a true Vegas critic unless I complained about the comps. I played craps nearly every night I was there (5 nights) along with 3 Card and video poker. I think I got about $4.00's knocked off my bill at the gift shop.

My opinion about comps and Vegas anyways is that it is a thing of a past for folks like me. Bringing in a couple grand to a casino is nothing. Whether you are at the Bellagio or the good ol Palace Station you should not expect much.

Restaurants were alright. The Guinness Beer at the Irish Pub was flat. That could cause a riot in some cities across the land!

All in all, I don't "hate" the PS, I just would rather stay closer to the action and the rest of the people. But like they advertise, they love the locals.

Room Tip: A room facing off to the south will give you a better view of the strip.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business