“Cheap”

Palace Station Hotel and Casino
Ranked #132 of 265 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

I stayed at the Palace Station in Las Vegas during a conference. The room rates were very cheap.

There is no free Wi-Fi. The slow speed in room Wi-Fi was $2.99. It was more for higher speed and you also needed an ethernet connection. Having said that I had a good 4G Signal and so I used that.

This facility is definitely off the strip. We are actually on the west side of the interstate. It's not really within comfortable walking distance. They do have a shuttle that runs to the strip area, which is free. They also have an airport shuttle though you may have to wait an hour and a half for the next one.

You are on your own for breakfast.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank HenryMudd
Write a ReviewReviews (2,266)

Reviewed 2 June 2014

I have visited Las Vegas for over twenty years and never stayed at Palace Station. I had since then visited the Palace Station for their great restaurants and casino. This year I booked two nights at this hotel and did not regret it. the place is very well taken care of, the rooms might have gotten an upgrade because they have that new feel to them. If you are driving, it is easy access to the strip and freeways. One morning I had to wait a while for a taxi, it was a convention week so most of the drivers were at the convention center. Great staff and concierge service.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank ozziecarr
Reviewed 30 May 2014

This is my second stay here, back for the Wuste Euro Car show. The hotel is ok. I will give it 3 stars (average). If you read the other reviews, you already know its off the Srip so dont expect a 4-5 star resort.
Check is was fairly quick, we were put in a Jr Suite in the 6th floor. We can see the LV Strip as we were higher then the parking structure. Now, I have stayed a Caesars Palace, so I dont want to even try to compare them.
The Room was clean. Has a king bed, a couch (not a pull out bed) a desk and a sitting ares by the window with 2 chairs and a table. and a large flat screen TV. The room is showing wear. Although the carpet was clean, you can see the path where everyone walks Again, the room was clean.
There are a lot of locals that use the casino and eat here. The breakfast buffet was fine.

Included in the daily resort fee is the room internet. They also provide bus transportation to the strip although it is not offered 24hrs. The last pickup from the strip was early.. like around 2330 (1130pm) I asked... so the last pick up, the bus holds say 40, what if its full. You will need to take a cab.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank kennysj-1
Reviewed 29 May 2014

we needed a "inexpensive" but beautiful room when passing through Las Vegas
enroute to Utah's National Parks. This hotel was a beautiful place to stay in a
suite for around $40. We ate dinner in a restaruant there and my husband was
thrilled with a primerib dinner for $11.00 . He was a happy man!! We had very
good service at this hotel.
Breakfast buffet was only $5.99 and amazing!!

Reviewed 29 May 2014

I stayed 3 nights in the Tower area and it was great. Very clean, great a/c, bedding fresh and crisp and the most comfortable sleep I have ever had in a hotel because the mattress and pillow were of great quality. The shower is roomy, with great water pressure and hot, hot water. View was great and the glass elevator is a must to experience. Very great stay for an older hotel. Ate at cafe which has an ample selection and the best desserts in the glass case and the food is very good. Also, the buffet very clean and a great selection. I have stayed at so many hotels in Vegas and for the price and comfort of Palace Station, will do it again and again and highly recommend it.

Room Tip: Make sure room is in Tower area as it is newer and very nice.
1  Thank Pollie3996
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Great experience in a nice place. Up beat without all of the pomp and circumstance of the Strip. We saw lots of pilots and stewardesses checking in; you gotta trust the taste of someone who flies for a living. Get a tower room.

Room Tip: Get a room in the tower. The court yard room are older.
2  Thank AreWeThereYetPDX
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I often stay at hotel casinos in Las Vegas for business like this time, so trust me when I tell you that this is most definitely the WORST hotel associated with any casino in Vegas.

I attend professional seminars for my work and have stayed here before for convenience. They have a shuttle to and from the airport. However, I have noted over the past two years that Palace Station is definitely on its way down to the bottom of the heap. I will never stay here again.

My office staff booked me here for a conference. I was confirmed in a NO smoking room. I was carrying 80 lbs of luggage and equipment. The hotel put me on the 2nd floor of the "Courtyard." Not only did I discover that there are NO elevators in this building, but only half of the doors are automatic to allow encumbered, older and/or disabled patrons to carry their luggage through the doors. Apparently, they expect you to carry your leavy luggage and/or equipment upstairs.

The hallways in the Courtyard are dingy, the carpeting is old, terribly soiled and smells. The lighting is poor. The hallways are poorly marked (not marked at all) to direct you to your room. They only have a map near the front door with a rooms diagram. Certainly no place to bring your family with small kids who would touch everything.

I returned to the front desk for another room. This time I was directed back to the Courtyard and into a room that stunk heavily from cigarette smoke. The room and furnishings were hedious. Without a doubt the WORST hotel room I have ever stayed in. I was out of there in two minutes to complain to the manager. They finally relented and put me in the Tower. I soon found that it is not a computer friendly room. In fact, you can't even plug in a laptop anywhere near the desk (see photos). Internet is so-so unless you upgrade.

The Palace Station is clearly a hotel-casino operation that does not care about its patrons enough to upgrade. This is all about turning a quick buck at your expense. If you decide to stay here, you certainly won't enjoy it unless you don't care about where you stay.

If you are looking for a much better looking and operated hotel in the same price range, I would suggest the Orleans. I have stayed there often and it is far superior to the Palace Station.

The hotel owners here should be ashamed of themselves. You come to Vegas to enjoy yourself and relieve stress - not to become MORE stressed. Vote with your wallet and stay somewhere else when visiting Vegas,

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business