“Very Clean rooms”

Ranked #138 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Fort Worth, Texas
“Very Clean rooms”
Reviewed 7 June 2009

I stayed at Palace Station for 4 nights to attend a business conference which was paid for by my employer. Palace Station gave a conference rate of $64 for their Tower rooms with a reduced service fee of $4.99 (instead of the normal $14.99.) I checked before I left and saw that the rate showing on their website was $35 for the Tower Room (they obviously took advantage of the Conference attendees giving them the impression they were getting a lower rate, I would have been pretty annoyed if I was paying considering that I could have gotten the Golden Nugget or Paris for cheaper.)
Check in was very easy, it was around 5pm on a Sunday and there was no line. I was placed into room 6034 which was on the east-end of the hallway with a view of the Strip.
The room was exceptionally clean. The decor was tasteful, the TV was very large and modern, and the shower had nice stone-colored tile. There was no tub and only one sink but that did not bother me as there was a lot of counterspace.
There was no shampoo or conditioner in my room but one quick phone call to housekeeping resolved that and I was given a bag full of toiletries. I really liked the citrus smell of the shampoo and soap and the conditioner and lotion helped my hair and skin in the dessert air.
Housekeeping did a great job, my room was kept very clean and as I passed a room being serviced I could hear the sound of vigarous scrubbing, they obviously do more than just replace towels and soap.
I am a frequent visiter to Las Vegas and have always stayed on the strip. Although the Palace Station Casino, restaurants, and lobby area can't compare to a strip hotel in terms of impressiveness, the rooms themselves are as good as or even better than many of the mid-range strip hotels. Unfortunately with the resort fee, the price can be almost as much as many of the downtown and chepaer strip hotels.
The hotel provides a free shuttle to and from the Airport and to the Fashion Show Mall. This is thanks to that $14.99 fee. The shuttles seemed to be on time and the drivers were pleasant.
I only ate at the hotel twice, once at Starbucks, which is as good as any other Starbucks (and the employees were very friendly) and once at the Grand Cafe. The food and service at Grand Cafe were acceptable and as good as most any other hotel cafes.
Overall I enjoyed my stay and in any other city I would say that the hotel was well worth the $69 paid, but in Las Vegas where hotels like Golden Nugget, Paris, and Mirage are offering rooms for less I can't say it was a bargain. I stayed at Mandalay Bay the night after leaving Palace Stattion for the same rate and it was far nicer. Palace Station might be a good option for someone wanting a clean room and is staying on a weekend or a busy time when the strip rates are exceptionally high or for someone who has a rental car and wants to avoid strip traffic.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled on business
5 Thank JackandSally

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (599)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Arizona
Reviewed 6 June 2009

We spent 3 nights in a tower room. The rooms are clean, decent, nothing fancy, but nothing wrong with them. The staff was friendly, helpful. The restaurants are nice, not too expensive (except the oyster bar, that's a bit pricey) They did charge a 16.95 service fee, but gave us credit for it on the bill. Friends who have stayed there before told us they always credit it back on the bill when they check out. It's not fancy like the big hotel/casinos on the strip, but you aren't paying those prices, either. It's a good value for the money, and the strip is only a few minutes away. I would definitely go back again.

3 Thank azles
Seattle
Reviewed 6 June 2009

This hotel is a scam with hidden fees and a large deposites, I would never stay at this dump again. The people at the front desk scam you with a smile of there face. The crowd makes you feel uncomfortable and it takes a hour to walk to the strip or 20 bucks by cab. Dont look for the Duce it does not have a stop near. You have been warn do not stay at this place ever.

Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank seatac_home

Travellers are raving about these Las Vegas hotels

chicago
Reviewed 5 June 2009

So I reserve 4 nits. Total of 174. We get to the hotel, all of sudden 69 is charged from service fees. That was not included in the reservation I made online. So we're like whatever, will stay. We get our room and our room in NOT even in the hotel. Is in the courtyard. The Frame of the window and walls had mildew growing on it. Sheets smelled like sweat. Sticky remote control, smelly (mildew) bathroom.

Just horrible.

3 Thank bebeji
Washington, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 May 2009

Have stayed at a number of hotels in vegas over my years of visiting. Stayed 2 nights in this hotel, i wont stay again as to far from strip. I knew when i booked but got cheap rate for a weekend, then had to pay $16 day for services, (got access to internet) not worth it. Rooms clean and comfortable, with 2 beds. Not a high standard hotel

3 Thank marieanddon
Escondido, California
Reviewed 26 May 2009

WARNING! I did a web search and booked three days and two nights at the Palace Station. The deal was for $36 per night for a single bed in the Garden room. Upon check-in, the desk clerk charged me $16 per day "service charge." Here is what the $16 fee provided me with: 1. Shuttle to the Las Vegas Strip (What? I have my own car!); 2. Airport Shuttle Transportation (What? I drove, not flew, to Las Vegas!); 3. Pool Access (I didn't use.); 4. High-Speed Wireless Internet in Every Room (I don't have a laptop.); Unlimited Local and Domestic Long Distance Calls (Excuse me, but, I have my own cell phone!); Gym Access ( I didn't use); Complimentary Copy and Fax Services (I had nothing to FAX!); On-Site Notary (For what? I'm on a [--] vacation!).

I am well aware that the Station Casinos are in financial distress with the current economic recession, but, taking advantage of their hotel guests will only drive repeat customers away. I can't think of any other hotels in Las Vegas that play this type of billing shenanigans that I am aware of. I for one no longer plan to visit or stay there!

• Stayed May 2009, travelled solo
4 Thank UWMutt
NY
Reviewed 15 May 2009

The only knock for me is no in room coffee but you can order a pot from room service. It arrives quick and hot as does their breakfasts.. The 10 dollar 'Combo Breakfast' (room service) is delicious, cooked as ordered and arrives in a flash.

The rooms are small and I cant speak for the other areas but the Courtyard rooms are dark like i like it. You can nap anytime-the curtains black out 95% of the light.. It also is very quiet. The room doors meet the floor unlike The Mirage for example where you can almost slide under the door if you forgot your key. The room doors also close QUIETLY- You cant slam them like so many other hotels'

The Internet is blazzing fast and has not gone down once in the 6 days im here. My room is located the farthest from the Registration area possible and the WI-FI shows "Excellent" at all times. The Palace Station has the best Internet Service I have experiienced anywhere and I am in Hotels more than 40 days a year and usually 3 Stars or better.

There is a carpet in the whole place that is ugly and dirty looking but really it's just a bad design. If they put in new carpet this place would really improve by about 2 Stars for the average family im sure.

There is plenty of free parking, both indoor and out. I love this place and i will definitely return. I love this place!

• Stayed May 2009, travelled on business