“It is OK”

Ranked #166 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
Nebraska
“It is OK”
Reviewed 25 January 2008

The Atrium Suites is under MAJOR remodeling. There were very few rooms even open when I stayed there. The suite I had was clean, but the hallways were quite dusty due to the large amount of construction. The staff people were all very nice and very helpful. The location is not too bad. PF Chiangs is next door and the Hard Rock is on the other side. There are other services within walking distance. ( CVS and other restaurants) It is not a bad walk to the Strip, if you enjoy a nice walk. It is very quiet, which is a bonus in Vegas. I didn't have a car, but the parking was plentiful and free. The restaurant has limited hours at this time.
I did move to the Belliago for the weekend. Now that was VERY NICE!

• Liked — Quiet
  • Disliked — remodeling
  • Stayed January 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Phoenix, az
Reviewed 26 August 2007

We booked a room for one night in that hotel because we were to participate in a nightime marathon and were getting a group rate (which with hindsight was worse than rates at much nicer hotels). The first problem arose when we tried to call for directions because we were lost. The call went straight to an outsourced indian service and they had no idea where the place was. When we tried to ring the front desk instead repeatedly, the phone was always busy. We finally found the place without their help. Because the marathon finished in the morning, the race director had arranged for free late check out with the manager who was around during the week or so we thought. When we got there, the first thing we noticed was the bad smell pervasing all the common areas and the room too. Also the antiquated furniture etc.. but the worst part was that they denied us the late checkout, even though it was clearly needed because we were going to be back from the race in the morning after being up all night. The staff was extremely unpleasant and uncooperative. We had to threaten them with several complaints but to no avail. They finally called the weekend manager who apparently does not communicate with the week manager and denied the late check out too. In order to notify us of that last conversation, they did not ring the room phone, but instead left a message directly. Nice. When we realized that the message was there, we went back downstairs and let them know that we were going to check out late no matter what, and that if they were going to try to charge us extra, we would contest the entire cherge with the cc company. After this nice conversation, we had to concentrate on the race, after ordering something to be delivered to the room from one of the menus in there. The phone number on one of the menus did not seem to work, so I called the reception to get a confirmation of the phone number, but the person on the phone replied curtly that they didn't have the number... once the race was over, we came back around 10am, completely exhausted. While we were trying to get some sleep, they called repeatedly at the regular check out time (noon) to get us to check out. We had to take the phone off the hook. at the end, perhaps because they realized they had "crossed" the line, they did not charge for the extra 2 hours, but what a miserable experience.
I have stayed at very nice places in Vegas for about half the price. I cannot imagine why anyone would stay there.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Stayed January 2008, travelled as a couple
3 Thank CarolePhoenix_az

Travellers are raving about these Las Vegas hotels

Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 19 August 2007

Public space are fine, our 2nd floor room was in need of major refurbishment.

Old furniture, wholes in doors, cracked sink, dripping shower head, badly patched wholes in walls and frade carpets

Stayed August 2007
1 Thank HJFHJS
Chicago
Reviewed 1 August 2007

I had read a lot of reviews about this place and was very skeptical when I got this hotel through HOtwire, but I had a genuinly good experience with the hotel. Probably I didnt have too many expectations from it also, since mine was a short 2 day stay, but I got a great room on the 6th floor with a fantastic view of the strip, got a great rate through hotwire, really clean King suit and nice clean bathrooms. I normally dont expect any more from a hotel than cleanliness. Check in was a breeze and so was chek out. Location of the place is really good, its not exactly on the strip but a couple blocks away, so you dont pay the premium in the price for staying on the strip. There is an albertsons close by (about a mile-2miles away) and the front desk provided me detailed directions to it. Overall had a very pleasent stay, and enjoyed the experience. Would definately visit again.

• Stayed July 2007
los angeles
Reviewed 31 July 2007

Me and a friend were looking for a hotel on Hotwire last minute around 9pm to stay in because everywhere was sold out. Hotwire gave a rate for a hotel (they dont tell you the name until you pay for it) for 80 bucks...it was the cheapest we could get so we took it. Turned out to be Atrium.

I was expecting it to be a regular hotel room ( we were staying at the Riviera earlier but check out). But it was a one bedroom suite and everything was clean, sharp, and smell nice. The beds were very comfortable and the staff was great. Its also nice that its right next to the Hard Rock Hotel!

• Liked — Roomy hotel room
  • Disliked — No spectacular views
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
california
Reviewed 4 July 2007

Bad smells, as others have mentioned. The room was in disrepair - obviously overdue for new carpeting in particular.
The magnifying mirror/light was broken.

Tub didn't drain while I took my shower - found myself standing in the water up to my ankles.

Non-smoking room, but strong smell of smoke seems to come through the air conditioniong system.

The staff was friendly and helpful - though they seemed overwhelmed by all the customer complaints.

We had just come from a nicer hotel, so this was a bit hard to deal with. I didn't feel comfortable walking around the room barefoot, which isn't a good sign. But for people with lower expectations, who are not so picky about cleanliness, it might be fine.

• Liked — beds were pretty comfy
  • Disliked — everything seemed a bit dirty
  • Stayed June 2007, travelled with family
1 Thank trippyCalifornia
Canada
Reviewed 31 May 2007

We were trying to book the Tuscany Suites (around the corner) thru Hotwire. We asked Hotwire in advance if the Tuscany was one of "their" hotels.."Yes"

Anyway, we ended up at the Atrium "suites"

1. We booked over 2 months in advance but when I called the hotel (after getting the "surprise" from Hotwire) and asked for a NON-SMOKING room, I was advised they didnt have any available...TWO MONTHS in advance. They said they'd TRY to get me a NS room but they didnt try hard enough I guess. As soon as we got off the elevator on the 5th floor, we could smell stale cigarette smoke..this stink followed us everywhere on the 5th floor..right into the room and bed.

2. The "suite" aspect is over rated. its like a regular hotel room except they've squeezed in a wall to separate off the bedroom..part of it is a 45 degree slant which chops the main portion of the room way down. Theres a table & 2 chairs in that part and Two people can't walk around in that part at the same time.

We visited friends at the Tuscany suites..MUCH nicer, non smoking and huge rooms.

3. Oh, by the way, we stayed in $ 39 and $ 49 motels enroute to Vegas. They all had free internet. Atrium advertises High speed internet but when I tried to connect from our room, it didnt work. I called the front desk and found out that the Do have internet..but its NOT free. They want $ 10.00 a day ! What a rip off ! Never again.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — No Non smoking rooms available/ No FREE internet-bring $$/ "suite" too small
  • Stayed May 2007, travelled as a couple