“Never stay here again!”

Atrium Suites Hotel Las Vegas
Ranked #166 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Indianapolis, IN
Reviewed 20 October 2005

Just returned from stay at Atrium. Never again. Arrived a day late due to layover in L.A. Called from L.A. and told staff NOT to release room, would be arriving next day at 9 am. Upon arrival, staff indeed did release room. Manager came to desk - explained that no rooms were available, and my room was released due to me being "no show." Refused to refund money- was told "Hotwire has your money," even though room booked month earlier. No record of my phone call. Only after making a huge scene and threatening to call president of hotel, did manager magically produce room. Room was average; comfortable bed. General condition of hotel dirty. Saw several room service trays outside of rooms for several hours; had to tell front desk to remove tray from floor of room next to mine. Horrible smell of sewage in stairwell. Iron was broken-staff replaced with another defective iron. Calling card did not work from room phone. No volume on ESPN on TV in room. Went down to bar to watch game on ESPN-was told bar does not get ESPN. Two different vending machines were defective. If you are considering staying here, PLEASE reconsider.

• Stayed: October 2005
11  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Reviewed 11 October 2005

My son and I stayed at the Atrium Suites for a vacation of four days while in LV. Comfortable bed, quiet room (amazing given the proximity of the airport), good service, and very fair rates. I will not hesitate to return.

Stayed: October 2005
7  Thank John M
Reviewed 10 October 2005

We found the Atrium Sutes comfortable and spacious enough for us and our two year old. Our room and the hotel were clean and the staff very friendly and helpful. I was a bit leary due to one reviewer who complained of mold. Thankfully, there was none in our room as I am allergic. The bed was no doubt the most comfortable hotel bed I have ever slept in for the price ($90/night through Hotwire). My only complaint was a very noisy AC and lack of a microwave. Thankfully, the AC was in the living room so it really didn't bother us at night. Also, location was very convenient, only minutes from the strip. The Atrium was perfect for us as neither of us are really into the gambling scene and feel our daughter had plenty of stimulaton without being around the ching-ching of slot machines and the smell of cigarette smoke.

• Stayed: September 2005
8  Thank margebs
Idaho
Reviewed 15 September 2005

The hotel has some serious mold problems from previous water damage, I would assume that is a serious health hazzard that needs immediate attention by the Health Department. The A/C units in the rooms at best blow hot air in the middle of the summer in Vegas mind you, we are talking tempuratures of 115 degrees and above. When I called down to the front desk to complain of the A/C problems and the mold, I was told it will be at least an hour before we can expect maintenance to address the issues due to A/C problems throughout the entire hotel. I asked if this was a common problem at this hotel, and was told that they recieve 50 or more calls a night regarding disfunctional A/C units. The furnishings in general are out-dated and falling apart, that goes for the general appearance of the entire hotel. This hotel is in desperate need of entire renovation. The refrigerator doesn't cool, and the bathroom and plumbing are to be desired if you know what I mean. Carpets, linens, & draperies are heavily soiled and stained. General Manager and hotel staff are very rude and unprofessional. Its almost a joke to expect to be compensated for these above-mentioned problems. I'm a regular business traveler to the Las Vegas area and will not be returning to this hotel again. I will also inform any business partners, co-workers, executive management, clients, friends, & family of my horrible experience at this particular establishment.

• Stayed: August 2003, travelled on business
7  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 1 September 2005

We stay at the Atrium Suites Hotel in Las Vegas for one night because we thought it would be a great idea to be close to the airport on our last night in Vegas. What a mistake, this place was not exactly a dump, but it needs some work. This used to be the Crowne Plaza suites. The layout of the suites is good. The furniture is a bit old. The bath tub, oh my god!!! it needs to be replaced and I am not kidding you. It is rusted in some places, the chaulk was coming up from around the tub, it looked very old and the shower curtain was proably as old as the tub. The new owners did not put much if anything into this hotel. The outside does not look that bad, but it is clear that they have not put very much into anything else.

The placed does have a hot tub and pool. The hot tub water was green which really concerned me. The pool was okay but needed to be skimmed. There were times when it smell like raw sewage. When we walked down the street it is located right next to an overflow for sewage drainage which could very well account for the lovely smell of the pool area.

This hotel is down the street from the Hard Rock Cafe and hotel. That is the only good thing I can say. Many of the hotels on the strip are not that far from the airports so it really does not make any sense in relocating to another hotel.

If you do not have very much money to spend and want to have the experience of going to vegas this is a more then affordable hotel $78/ night hotwire, but you get what you pay for and I would not spend much more than that for this hotel. We were given a smoking room when we asked for a non smoking room. THe room had the smell of stale cigarretts as well.

The hotel does provide transportation to the strip but they do not pick you up. There is a bus stop on the side of Bally's hotel but you will have to get off at Paradise street so that you can get to the hotel.

It was much cheaper to buy a bus pass for the day and ride up and down the strip as many times as you like for the day. The cost was only $5, instead of paying $3 for one ride. The extra $2 is well worthy it because many of the hotels although near each other are very big and take up a lot of space. It could be literally a half a mile between a hotel that is in eye distance away.

It is not recommended that you walk from the strip to this hotel. It is not very visible to other people and there are a number of closed down hotels and restuarants. It is always better to error on the side of caution no matter how many people are with you. The people start to look a little seedy if you know what I mean the further away from the strip you get.

Overall if you can spare the an extra 20 or 30 dollars I would recommend another hotel that is much new and cleaner. Although this hotel was not overtly dirty just old and well worn out.

6  Thank Rhomarie
Reviewed 2 July 2005

The bed is the best. Have never slept so well or with so many pillows! A++
Downside:the room (628) appears to have suffered some type of water damage evident by the carpet which was warped. And a slight musky stank like B.O. Air conditioner was really good although when we checked in - another family was complaining. Windows are soundproof & you will be shocked when a plane passes by and you dont hear it. Pool was terrific! Room service was beyond good even though there are only like 4 things on the menu. Too far from the strip for me-you wont get a cab-& typical ride back was $10 + tip. Room was clean/mini fridge took about 16hours to cool. Altogether a very pleasant stay. This is not the place for people expecting gold faucets and 1st class everything for a bargain. You get what you pay for-a nice clean room-good bed-plenty of space-for a fair price. If you want fancy or treating yourself..look elsewhere. I may return again if I dont plan on visiting the strip.

• Stayed: June 2005