“Not impressed...”

Add it.
Atrium Suites Hotel Las Vegas
Ranked #167 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Reviewed 8 March 2007

Let me start by saying I've stayed in many hotels in Vegas as I do a lot of business there. I've stayed in hotels like Palace Station, Sahara, Excalibur, Luxor, Flamingo, Tropicana, Venetian, Treasure, Monte Carlo, and The Wynn. As well as many non-casino time-share hotels and chain hotels.
Booked this hotel as I was on a business trip, but brought along my wife and baby daughter. Front desk staff was friendly. Took elevator up to, I believe 4th floor, where my room was located. As soon as we got off the elevator, there was a horrible sulphur-like smell in the halls. Ok. Not going to hang out in the halls, so not a huge deal. However, the smell lingered in the hotel for the whole we week we were there.
Got to our room, and there was an awful smell of cheap cologne in the room. It was really gross and unbearable. We called the front desk, and changed rooms.
The second room smelled a little better, but a bit like cigarettes. The rooms look very "cheesy" and feel dirty. The carpet is dirty and you will get the old "black socks" if you walk around the room for a while. The couch was a bit grimy and old. The lighting in the rooms is horrible. The rooms need a serious upgrade/makeover.
I can't remember if the internet connection was working or if there was any at all.
We bought a small hot pot to heat up baby food and bottles. It blew out the fuse in the living room area. There was no way to fix it that day, so they had to run an orange extension cord from the bedroom to the living room area until the next day.
Seems like there are a lot of airline people staying here, as we saw many pilots and flight attendants. They must have a really good contract rate to stay here.
I'm not in to casino hopping, but it is near the Hard Rock. However, Paradise Rd is somewhat of a seedy area off the strip.
I would not recommend this hotel, and would not stay there again with all the other options at the same price or better in Vegas. Just feels like a dirty Vegas hotel off the strip. No idea how they got 3 stars compared to all the other 3-star hotels in Vegas.

Stayed: August 2006

Reviewed 20 November 2006

Atrium Suites has alot to offer many people. I came to just relax from my everyday work schedule. I didn't come to gamble but to relax. The staff was very courteous as well as catered to my every need. I enjoyed the view out of my room that I didn't even go out the first night I was there. The view of the sky was an array of baby blue and pink. It was gorgeous. As night fell the colors of the surrounding taller buildings lit the sky.
I checked out the hotel later the next day to see what they had to offer. The room was clean and neat. The colors in the room were very color coordinated in teal green and maroon. Very welcoming, the only thing missing was french doors instead of regular hard doors to the bedroom.
I ate in the restaurant area and the food was great and hot as expected. I also ordered room service the last night I was there. Much better than I expected and worth the cost.
The hotel was very quiet at night so you could get a good nights sleep. The bathroom didn't have a thing wrong with it. I guess you could say the whole stay was GREAT and I would definitely refer this hotel to others.

Stayed: October 2006
1  Thank Katalyna
Reviewed 9 November 2006

I have to say that reading some of the reviews I wondered about my booking. However, the staff at this hotel were wonderful to me. Someone stole my wallet at the airport and I was stuck with no credit cards or access to my bank accounts. They worked with me to find a solution and they were at all times professional and gracious. I was impressed with the cleaning and food service staff as well and I enjoyed the meals that I ate while there. I wish that I could explain just how much their positive attitudes made my weekend the enjoyable experience that it was.

• Stayed: November 2006, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
2  Thank Paks
Reviewed 9 July 2006

We stayed at the Atrium Suites this past June. After having read past reviews we were expecting the worst. We were very happy with our rooms (3 parties). They were clean and the beds were extremely comfortable. The hotel is old but seemed to be in good shape. The pool was clean with clean towels provided, and never seemed to be crowded. The hotel is next door to Hard Rock Casino which has great rock and roll artifacts all over the walls that are worth seeing, but the casino caters to a very young, hip crowd.
The Atrium suites was a good hotel for the price, very quiet, and the staff was very helpful. There is a shuttle to the airport and also one that takes you to the strip (one way). We woul consider staying there again.

5  Thank joe S
Reviewed 21 February 2006

I went during the Presidents weekend and got the room through hot wire. The location is ok, literally next door to the HardRock and down the street from Flamingo Road, where there's Restaurant Row (lots of nice restaurants) and down the street from the Terribles casino. There's also a strip mall walking distance either direction, where you can get snacks, etc.

One reason I did not rate this high was the service:
Before leaving I called the hotel to reconfirm my room. They had me under a non smoking, King room. I asked to switch to a 2 bed room. Upon arrival the room never got changed, and the clerk told me that there's nothing they could do. I told the clerk that i spoke to a Carlos and she just apologized that nothing got changed in the computer, and that i was stuck with the King, non smoking room. She didn't even attempt to try to find a room with 2 beds, but she did say if I had a complaint to call back in a few days to speak to a manager... that meant after I checked out. Well, At least it was non-smoking room, so that was a blessing.

The room did have a pull out sofabed, but it was lumpy and curved, so when you laid on it, you rolled to the middle of the bed. I felt the wires under my back, but fortunately I can sleep on nails, so it didn't bother me. I was glad that my friend had the king bed, but she said the bathroom kept her awake (see below)

The room was somewhat clean, but my friend found left over debris (candy wrappers, food items, etc) on the floor from previous guests. Looks like housekeeping runs the vacuum over the room without really spot checking for the corners or under the bed. We had Room 305 which was dark, and even with the drapes pulled fully open, we had to use the lights.

The room was a very small "suite". When you walk in the door, to the left of the room was a wet bar/fridge and a table for 2. The coffee maker provided makes only 1 cup of coffee which wasn't that good.

To the right of the minibar area was the sofa, a coffee table, a small desk (looks like with modem connection) and the TV. The room overlooked the pool area.

To the left of the main door was the bathroom and a separated bedroom with the king bed, and a small area to store your luggage and hang your clothes. Not quite a closet (no doors) but a storage area with hangers. Almost like the kind they give you in motels.

The bathroom was roomy, but the exhaust fan was loud! The leaver to activate the shower was broken so I had to use "thumb power" to activate the mechanism for the water to go from tub to use the shower.

The hotel provided a shower cap, lotion, shampoo, and 2 kinds of soap (oatmeal and a facial soap) and large towels.

The bathroom toilet must had a leak because every half hour or so, it would need to "fill up" again. So when sleeping, you would hear the toilet "activate". My friend is a light sleeper and said it kept her up most the night. I did report the leak so hopefully someone will fix it.

The room had 2 sinks. One in the bathroom and one in the bedroom, which was convenient to get ready. The sink in the bedroom had a hairdryer, which worked great!

Someone posted that the walls were in sad shape. I had to agree. The wall facing the bed was faded, peeling and you can see a shadow where an old picture used to be. Rather than wall paper (ugly striped ones) the hotel could have just slapped in a fresh coat of paint. It would have lightened up the room.

The carpet could be changed as well. It looked like after the Atrium took over the Crown Plaza, they didn't do any remodeling. The throw pillows on the bed still had the "Cronwn Plaza" logo/crest.

Its not a bad place to stay if you get a good deal. There's so many competition in the area, that it would be easier to pay a few bucks more and get a better location.

You should have a car if you stay here. Even though the hotel offers a shutle to the airport and the strip. They get you to the strip but not back to the hotel. A

Also, take Flamingo Rd to get to the hotel. Don't take the road coming from the airport. Paradise is one way that way, and you have to turn into University Las Vegas to pop in, turn into the UNLV area to pop out of Paradise. Its not difficult but it was out of the way. Plus, The opposing traffic makes it difficult to get into the hotel parking lot, and there's one way in, one way out of the hotel. If you do take the road where the airport is, turn on Kovel (?) Komel (?) then turn right on Flamingo, right on Paradise.

Oh, if you dine late the restaurant has limited hours. I didn't dine there but I heard another guest asking for food. The restaurant closes at 8 pm. So if you want food, you will need to go next door to the Hard Rock, or to the other side, you'll find restaurant row about 1/2 block away.

Side note: Someone posted about the waterfall in the lobby. Perhaps enough complaints were posted because it was turned off when I was there.

The lobby was very peaceful and in the lobby was 2 computers to check your email, a huge vending machine selling items from juice, toiletries, to an Apple iPod!

• Stayed: February 2006
14  Thank callmemochelle
Reviewed 5 January 2006

A lovely Hotel i would highly recommend anyone to stay here, the suites are very clean, large bedroom with an ample sitting area. The staff are very friendly and helpful.

5  Thank gwynanne
Reviewed 26 November 2005

I booked this hotel for my parents and I to stay in mainly for the fact that it had a wall seperating the living room and the bedroom. When we got in the service was very friendly but that was about the only positive part of the stay. When we got up to the room the first thing I noticed was that the door didn't close softly, it slammed loud enough to shake the walls and windows. Next I noticed that the couch and carpet looked and felt very grimy and the lounge chair had a big bleach stain on one side and a rip on the other. There were also a few holes in the walls where it looked like pictures had been hung and taken down. The sofa bed, when I pulled it out was missing a few springs so it sagged underneath the frame and it felt like I was sleeping on a slant. The person's TV next door was very noticeable from the living room and while I was reading a book, it sounded like my TV was on. The towel rack also fell while I was using it. The food in the cafe was horrible and when I special ordered a sandwich they didn't change anything. All in all this hotel is very beautiful from the lobby but the room we stayed in was horrible. It was a very low budget feeling hotel for a much higher budget price.

8  Thank LindsayWhittaker