2,883 results
All reviews rooftop pool murphy bed time share diamond resorts full kitchen planet hollywood hawaiian marketplace bedroom suite underground parking small balcony sales pitch timeshare property timeshare presentation off the strip convenience store business center concierge desk
Reviewed 19 September 2006

Has a Vacation Owner and first time staying at the Villas of Polo Towers it was Great very clean staff member very polite would stay there again with NO PROBLEMS

• Stayed: September 2006, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5  Thank Edwin M
Reviewed 12 September 2006

The Polo Towers is awful. It's old. It's dirty. It's not well taken care of. (My pictures will tell the story.) I just left Las Vegas on the 11th of September, 2006 after a two day stay on the 15th floor of the Polo Towers. Forget the fact that I couldn't get into a unit until 5:00 p.m. when check-in time is at 3:00. When I finally got a room, I was appalled at it's condition. The windows looked like they hadn't been cleaned in years. There were tains on the carpet and on the sofa (I hope it was coffee). There was rust and mold buildup around the caulk and tile in the bathtub. The walls couldn't have seen paint or even a sponge in a very long time. There was dirt and grime in the corners and along the baseboards...I could go on and on. (Again, see the pictures). It was terrible. I knew when I went that I wasn't going to get a five-star resort but I was expecting something along the lines of a three to four star hotel. What I found was a Motel 6 at best. It would be great for a group of college kids who go to Vegas and spend very little time in their room and who have no real discerning standards - whose goal is to pack a lot of people into a reoom and spend as little as possible on accomodations in order to have more money for beer. Honestly, if you don't have to have a condo, for the same money, choose one of the hotels. Even Circus Circus or the Imperial Palace would beat this place.
The building is surrounded on all four sides by either a driveway or an alley. The new children's pool area was built on the north end of the building. To access this area, you have to walk through a loading dock driveway and smell the buildings dumpsters. (I have a phoo of this as well.) The smell was very unpleasent to say the least. I heard that there was a bar near the top of the building offering great views of the strip. It's been closed. The rooftop pool does not offer any great views because the walls are too high. I felt that exposure the the pool water for more than about five minutes was to risk hypothermia.
I'm not trying to be unfair here. I have often come to tripadvisor to research hotels but have never written a review before. I felt strongly enough about The Polo Towers that I wanted to warn other potential renters to think otherwise. If you do go, ask for a room on the east side of the building - away from the strip. There is a complex on the west side of the building with an outdoor theater/stage where bands play until midnight on the weekends. It gets very loud on the west side of the building.

• Stayed: September 2006, travelled on business
30  Thank Rick-from-CO
Reviewed 27 August 2006

Ok so we just came back from one of the worst time share experiences of my life time. We have traveled all over the world with our time share and I must say this was the worst ever. We arrived and checked in. About an hour later, while we were in our room, the door opened and another family came walking in, they had a key. The front desk said they made a mistake. (pretty big mistake if you ask me. What if we were not there, would our money still be there) No one ever told us about the after hours club that is located in the hotel parking lot. It opens at 4 am and the music sounds like its coming from our living room. The club is opened thursday friday and saturday. We have a small infant and went on vacation alone to get some rest. Well we got no sleep on these nights. And when you call the front desk to complain they say, sorry we know but there is nothing we can do. I understand that, but you would think someone would have wrote this in their reviews and no one did.. The front desk, bell hop and the entertainment desk acted as if we were bothering them anytime we asked a question. I tried to get tickets to a show, however the 3 girls behind the counter who were doing absolutly nothing but socializing could not find the time to help us. Forget about getting a cab from here because none of them want to be inconvenienced by traveling through the out of the way parking lot. (thats what the cab driver told us and the manager of the towers) The pool upstairs on the roof is clean but very small and only 3 feet. There is no where to get a drink or snack. My room was clean however both sinks were clogged with hair and the shower was also. It took three days for someone to remove the hair so the water would drain. Will never go back here and hope that who ever is reading this will not book this place

• Stayed: August 2006, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
32  Thank teetee5
Reviewed 7 June 2006

Stayed in a studio at the villas tower 3,all very clean and tidy but woul of preffered a permanent bed in the room instead of pulling it out of the wall every evening but overall no complaints,very quiet despite building work nearby,shuttel to venetion and treasure island every hour free,concierge very helpfull always,pool area very busy by nine all sunbeds taken but too hot by eleven to sunbathe anyway,the towers are next to The Alladin and Mgm hotels although set back a few yards from the strip,all in all not a bad hotel,if you want away from the strip try club de soliel we stayed there last may and its not as hectic and its only 1 1/2 miles away with a shuttle bus all day.

• Stayed: May 2006
12  Thank scooby_rock
Reviewed 6 June 2006

This was our first time in Vegas staying at a time share which was the courtesy of a very good friend. We cannot thank her enough as the Villa we stayed in was more than we expected. We did have both sides so sleeping the 5 of us was not a problem at all. Very spacious and every bit as charming as seen on their web site pictures. We did put the large kitchen area to use also, found it to be well-equipped. The front desk personnel were very helpful and whenever we had a request such as picking up a bag we put outside for trash they were there immediately, aided us with our Lake Mead Tour reservations (which is a must do too). The pool area was very clean and pleasant. At first we thought with the pool being shallow would be a bother but instead was a delight as there were no kids doing cannon balls, etc. Hot tub and pool very clean. The rooms were quiet, we never heard neighbors, never were we bugged to see the time share for purchase, etc. Walking out front to the strip was a stone's throw away. Felt very safe also as they do have a keycard needed to use the elevator, etc. The small store in the Polo Towers had all the little things we needed along with fair prices. Would love to go back there again next year, all 5 of us were very pleased. Thank you for making our week in Vegas enjoyable from simply a relaxing point of view that Polo Towers afforded us when our feet were tired and we needed pampering.

Stayed: May 2006