This is a timeshare and exchange thru Interval. Stayed one week Oct 15-22, 2006. If you are exchanging -- there are definately better places to stay. This hotel is outdated and needs a facelift.
1) Make sure to get the highest floor possible. Facing the strip is not such a good thing at this place. If you face North directly below you is the garbage dump area. Garbage pickup is done daily between 6:45-7:15AM -- They produce the loudest clunking sounds that it wakes you up, and if you want to sleep late -- forget it ! We mentioned this to their management team -- they didn't seem to care.
2) You cannot actively control your own a/c unit from your thermostat. You have to call down to maintenance if you want your air turned on -- then they turn it off at their leisure. I had to call 4 times in a 4 hour time period to keep getting them to turn it on.
3) It is a timeshare -- but they are not as pushy as some other timeshare resorts. They will give you a 90 minute presentation if you want for a free show or dinner. They also take you to the new Marriot Grand Chateau being built directly behind them. They have completed one tower and are building four. I would recommend trying to exchange to the Marriot Grand Chateau -- they at least have much nicer facilities and are up with the times.
4) The pool is on the top floor (23rd). It is small and has a wall around the top, so you can't see much of the strip or anything for that matter. The water is always pretty chilly and is only about 3 feet deep. The hot tub is ok though.
5) You need your room key to get anywhere on the elevator, so be sure to have it with you at all times.
6) The mini-mart is ok at best, no alcoholic beverages though -- and that is there downfall there.
7) The fitness area is in a totally different area-- not even in the same building. It is located in the Hawaiian Market Place directly in front of Polo Towers.
8) If you need a cab -- call well in advance -- cab drivers don't like to come to Polo Towers if they don't have to.
9) The kids pool area is located on the North Side directly next to the garbage dump area -- it is very shady there so the water is pretty cold there all the time.
I personally think that there are other places in Vegas to exchange to, that are much nicer and much more comfortable than Polo. If you should have any questions feel free to contact me directly at GarzaRx007@aol.com
I will be happy to answer any questions you may have.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The best way to experience Las Vegas is to stay in the heart of the action. There is only one boulevard where you can find non-stop action and excitement here, and that's the world famous Las Vegas Strip. There is only one resort where you can find classic elegance and casual comfort during a stay in Las Vegas, and that's at Polo Towers Suites. Las Vegas is a destination spot for travelers from around the world who come to experience the sights, sounds, casino action, top notch shows, superior shopping, dining, golfing and even family fun-filled adventures. You, too, can plan a trip that will be as remarkable as it is memorable. A Peek at Polo Towers Suites Located in the heart of the Las Vegas Strip, Polo Towers Suites promises and delivers the best accommodations. You will enjoy the lavish resort-style amenities within your room and on the exterior as well. From the pool to the fitness center, you will find ways to stay active, or simply unwind. Get the best service from the staff and the most useful information about the area from our Concierge. You may even want to pamper yourself at the spa or with the personal massage services. You will have everything you need in your magnificent suite. Style, elegance and comfort await you and your family. The spacious rooms will be the perfect place for you to kick back after a day of shopping or evening of gambling. Alternatively, you may want to simply take in the spectacular evening views of the lights of Las Vegas from your secluded balcony or terrace. Not to mention, you will enjoy easy access to world-class casinos, shopping, entertainment and attractions. Hitting the Town Las Vegas Style Enjoy the luxury of coming and going as you please, to one of the world's best action packed, scenic cities. There is never a shortage of things to see and do, and you will be right in the middle of it all. Take comfort in knowing you can spend the day shopping and return your purchases to your room, with ease, before heading out for the evening. You can enjoy dining at the best restaurants, gambling at the most famous casinos or taking in shows from some of the most famous names in the business. Our Concierge will help you arrange whatever you want, whether it is a night on the town or a family outing. With Polo Towers Suites, you won't be taking a gamble when it comes to finding the best resort to plan your trip around. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, Southall Travel, Expedia, Agoda, TravelUp, Ebookers, Hotel.de and HRS so you can book your Polo Towers Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Polo Towers Villas Hotel Las Vegas
- Polo Hotel Las Vegas
- Polo Towers Las Vegas
- Polo Towers Vegas
- Polo Club Las Vegas
- Polo Las Vegas
- Polo Towers Suites Las Vegas