“Great hotel off the Strip”

Residence Inn Las Vegas Hughes Center
Ranked #65 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
Littleton, Colorado
“Great hotel off the Strip”
Reviewed 23 July 2014

We stayed at this hotel for one night and moved to the Mirage for three nights. It is so much easier to get to the room without having to go through the casino. This property would work best for people who has a rental car, otherwise staying on the Strip would be most convenient. The free breakfast in the morning is a plus. There is no resort fee charge which can add quite a bit to the room cost.

Room Tip: High floor, away from elevator
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Helgie
Tiffany L, General Manager at Residence Inn Las Vegas Hughes Center, responded to this review, 24 July 2014
Dear Helgie,

Thank you for your review of the hotel! We are glad that we were able to offer you value while staying in Las Vegas by not charging resorts fees and providing a complimentary breakfast. We hope you will stay with us again!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Pennington, New Jersey
Reviewed 12 July 2014

At around 9:00 a.m. this morning I was having breakfast in the breakfast area. I saw man around sixty years of age, white, American accent, slightly heavier than average, with a pot belly, wearing a long sleeved dark blue shirt and with heavy black spectacles walking to a table with two plates stacked with food. I thought that he couldn't possibly eat that much. His clothes looked less fresh than one would expect from a hotel patron coming down for breakfast. He looked as if he’d been working in them on a night shift. He was wearing a backpack and I thought it strange to wear a backpack to breakfast. He stopped at the table in front of me and started talking to an eighteen year old male who politely nodded and smiled so as not to offend him. He later went to a table and sat down and I assume that he ate the two small food mountains. He came back ten minutes later for coffee. Again he forced a conversation with an Asian lady at the coffee machine. I couldn’t help noticing that he took more than 10 half-and-half containers for his coffee. Some five minutes later he came back for fruit and this time on the way back he forced another conversation with a 45 year-old man, athletic and heavy, with a football coach physique. This was the boy’s father and he wasn’t so accommodating and he looked down at his breakfast while the conversation was being forced on him. I thought that the father was an unlikely candidate for a chat. Some time later his phone rang. He answered his phone by folding it open. I thought it strange that someone staying here still had a 10 year old phone.
He then had a loud conversation with someone. I was more than 20 feet away and I could hear that he was telling the caller how to bet on craps. He was loud and he kept repeating himself. The people at the next table were looking upset. He then went to the fruit table and came back with 2 oranges and a banana. This time I saw what happened to the fruit,… it went into the backpack. Then he then quickly got up and walked out the back door and disappeared into the parking lot behind the hotel.
Then I realized what had happened,… he had walked in from outside and had had a truly free Residence Inn breakfast (with a fruit lunch). The moral of the story is that I had twice left my smart phone and room key unattended while I went back for eggs and while I walked away for coffee. I remember thinking that everyone there was wealthy enough to afford a leisure night in a hotel and that no one there really needed to steal my phone. I also thought that it was breakfast, everyone was in a good mood, and no one would do something to upset someone else. I was right for 99 out of 100 people having breakfast here. If someone walks in to scavenge breakfast then a smart phone would be like a small jackpot. Always be careful with your phone, wallet, luggage, and other valuables. The free breakfast man drew attention to himself in several different ways and at different times. Someone that was smarter would know how to dress, how much to dish without being noticed, and how to blend in perfectly with the breakfast crowd.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the strip.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Mark N
Tiffany L, General Manager at Residence Inn Las Vegas Hughes Center, responded to this review, 13 July 2014
Dear Forensic Analytics,

Thank you for providing us with a detailed account of your experience during breakfast. While breakfast is complementary to our hotel guests, it is not free to the general public. We do try our best to monitor the activities within the restaurant area and frequently verify patronage by requesting proof of stay. If we determine that an individual is not registered at the hotel then they are asked to leave immediately. Your review has been brought to the attention of the entire team to alert them to the individual you described should he return. In addition the team will be reminding guests not to leave their personal belongings at their table unattended while visiting the buffet.
Council Bluffs, Iowa
Reviewed 12 July 2014

We stayed at this hotel for 8 days and everything was great from the room to the service! The front desk manager Andrew was always very helpful and made our stay even better! And the breakfast was like eating at a restaurant ! Close to the strip and shopping. The grocery shopping service is a plus! Would definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: Ask for a high room to enjoy the lights from the strip.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Patti W
Dear Patti W.,

Thank you for your review of the hotel and for recognizing Andrew for the service he provided you during your stay!
San Jose, California
Reviewed 1 July 2014

We drove all the way from san jose california to las vegas and when we came at the hotel not even a "hello how are you or hi welcome to residence inn or whatever" we came like around 12midnight and before I even check in I called like 2 days to ask for a higher room and some extra pillows and towels. So when he check us in he put us all the way on the back side and on the second floor I came back and ask if If there's a much more higher room because I asked for a higher room and he said it the only one available with the type of room I booked. So I said ok and thank you I was polite and really understanding. Then I went back and ask if I could have some toothpaste again I was polite and really nice then he said "I only have this packets" and gave me one..... not even try to ask me if how many I need or do I need a toothbrush or whatever. I felt I was discriminated and didn't really have a good costumer service. The only good thing about this hotel are the housekeepers who are really nice and really doing their job right. That nighy auditor name is Wayne. Smile more and try to act nice.

• Stayed June 2014
Tiffany L, General Manager at Residence Inn Las Vegas Hughes Center, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
Dear grail14,

Please accept our apologies for the service you received upon check-in. We take great pride in delivering exceptional customer service and regret that your your interaction with the hotel's night auditor was not up to our standards. I can assure you this situation is being addressed to prevent it from occuring again in the future. Thank you for your feedback and we hope that you will stay with us again!
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 15 June 2014

This was an excellent hotel for all of my business needs. It is away from the hustle and bustle of the strip, but close enough to get there if desired. It is in the heart of Restaurant Row, so many dining options available. Breakfast had a large variety.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Tiffany L, General Manager at Residence Inn Las Vegas Hughes Center, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Dear AZRoyalsFan,

We are sincerely grateful for your review of the hotel and that you found us to be an excellent choice when traveling on business. We hope you will stay with us again in the future!
Kolkata (Calcutta), India
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Went back to this hotel during our memorial weekend visit. It is good since it is not very far from the Flamingo, walking distance and it does not have a casino, so it is peaceful. There is a small pool, outdoor barbeque facility, a jacuzzi, all useful for a family stay. This time we took a suite with 2 king beds so there was ample space with 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. The breakfast is not all that great but OK. The only downsider is that there is no facilty of drinking water, so you have to buy your own. They should at least provide a water cooler on each floor so that we can fill our bottles. Orherwise good and comfortable stay with family.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Tiffany L, General Manager at Residence Inn Las Vegas Hughes Center, responded to this review, 31 May 2014
Dear JAYANTBISWAS,

Thank you to you and your family for spending your Memorial Day Weekend with us! In response to your comments regarding the need for water coolers, we do offer a filtered water cooler in our fitness room which is available for use 24 hours a day. Hopefully you will be able to make use of it on your return visit.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 May 2014

This Residence Inn is very popular but has a great setting away from the hustle bustle of the Strip with a choice of great restaurants within the Center complex. Rooms are spacious but the breakfast area can become crowded at weekends.

Room Tip: All the rooms are about the same but the top floor is quietest.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Dear AlfK60,

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review of the hotel! We hope you will visit us again!