“Fantastic - you will not be dissapointed!”

ARIA Resort & Casino
Ranked #14 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Fantastic - you will not be dissapointed!”
Reviewed 4 August 2011

I recently stayed at the Aria for a girls getaway. There was no line for check in, and imagibe my delight when I learned we were upgraded to a SkySuite. It was jaw dropping amazing - a huge apartment with floor to ceiling windows, 2 bathrooms, foyer, living room/office, kitchen/bar and dining room, and huge master bath with a walk in closet. The toilet even had a full panel of options next to it including front and rear cleansing and drying with an optional oscillator. And yes, this was a toilet and not a bidet. The suite amentities included compliementary breakfast pastries/fruit/coffee, and wine/cheese and cookies and bottled water. It was a luxurious experience and the rest of the property did not dissapoint.
We spent a day at the spa and i enjoyed my massage, plus taking advantage of the sauna, steam room and whirlpool. They offered delicious herbal teas and snacks. Plus, there was an outdoor whirlpool for the spa which overlooked Liquid, the high energy pool club so you could watch the fun without actually being in the action - it was very "MTV Spring Break".
The main pool areas were beautiful and calm - several mid size pools allowed for zero crowding and lots of privacy, plus there were a few hidden hot tubs. The chairs, tables and umbrellas were plentiful and comfortable and beverage service was frequent.
We had a great tapas meal at Julian Serrano - service was incredible and the sangria (both white and red) delicious.We also enjoyed pastries at the patisserie on site and gelato to die for. We had breakfast one day at the cafe at Vdara, a non-gaming property adjacent to Aria.
The fitness center was large and very well equipped, with windows looking out onto the pool area, providing cold towels, bottled water and fresh fruit.
The location was perfect - not too far from anything. It was easy to cut through the Crystals Mall to get to the strip and a short walk to Bellaggio, Paris, or other main hotels.
While in Vegas, we saw Jersey Boys at the Venetian (really fun!) and ate at many celebrity chef restraurants, the highlight of which was the tasting menu at Craftsteak - with wine pairings - a phenomenal event not to be missed. I can't wait to go back for another relaxing vacation and I will definitely stay at the Aria again. I have no idea why we were upgraded - perhaps it was because it was mid-week stay during the summer, perhaps it was because I signed up for MLife to get a good deal on the rate - but even if we were in a standard room I would happily return in an instant. Go for it if you haven't tried Aria and I'm sure you will not be dissapointed.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank RedheadTrvlr

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5,355)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Pittsburgh, PA
Reviewed 4 August 2011

Seriously, the best gym/spa I've been to. And the spa has a separate pool!
The whole place was accessible. Its got everything but seems like there is less time to get from place to place as can be an issue in Vegas. But it just was a smooth, beautiful place.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank dessny
Denver, CO
Reviewed 4 August 2011

We loved this hotel and the room. The bed was incredibly comfortable and I loved the pillows so much that I ordered some for my home. The staff were very friendly and the rooms were immaculate. This was our first time staying in the new part of the strip and I don't think we'd stay there again. If you are going to Vegas to do some great shopping, it's for you but it's quite a ways from the rest of the strip. My husband and I enjoy walking around to the different casinos and it was hard to do from the Aria because it was a 10-minute walk (from the front door of the hotel) just to get to the street. I loved the hotel but wish that it was a part of the main strip.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank willi348
Edmonton, AB
Reviewed 4 August 2011

My mother and I visited Las Vegas for a birthday get-away July 10-15, we stayed at the Aria. When we arrived, it was earlier in the morning on a Sunday and we were told at the front desk that they were not checking people in until 11 a.m. The check-out line up was enormous at that time. The staff told us that Sunday is their busiest day for check-outs. So we checked our bags with the bell desk (personnel there very, very pleasant & polite) and then decided to grab a quick bite to eat. We headed to Jean Phillipe Patissiere right off the hotel casino. One sandwich, a fruit bowl & 2 bottled juices came to $31 US. We found that a bit pricey for a quick bite. Once 11 a.m. rolled around, we headed to the front desk to check-in and found an enormous line-up with only 3 windows open for checking-in. There was a hotel staff member there directing people so the wait was not very long at all (maybe 15 minutes). However, our room was ready once we checked in and we headed right up and called for our bags which arrived within 7 minutes. We found the staff wonderful, polite and very helpful at the resort - would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Calgary
Reviewed 4 August 2011

This is one of the new hotels in the City Centre Complex. It is simply beautiful. The rooms are awesome, although, their computer system that runs all the lights, curtains, music, tv, etc can be confusing. I can't tell you how many times my husband opened the curtains in his underwear when he was trying to turn on the tv or turn off the lights. The pools were beautiful and not too busy. The only drawbacks were the super slow drink service, at the tables and the slots and even when we were paying for them at the various lounges. And the lacking of any cheap eats in the hotel. Even the coffee place was like $13 for a sandwich and $6 for a coffee, making it cheaper to do a whole buffet for lunch.
The valet service was excellent, the fountain at the entrance was almost as good as the Bellagio water show, and the atmosphere inside was cool.
I would stay again.

• Stayed April 2011
worcester
Reviewed 4 August 2011

Have stayed at aria twice and throughly enjoyed both stays.
The lengthy walk to the rooms is worth it once you see the huge super king bed... Wet room and huge oval bath!! We play a lot of poker and enjoy the $125 tournament each evening.. Fab restaurants and great mono rail like to monte Carlo and then short walk to belaggio

• Stayed September 2010
Poteet, Texas
Reviewed 3 August 2011

we arrived early morning on friday july 29th. arriving the hotel lobby was breathtaking, they front desk was really nice and service lady was so nice she gave us a room right away. We get to our room which by the way was really far, and the room was immaculate. We were greated with our curtains opening lights turn on and things are just stunning. I then realize that we were charged 22.00 a day on "resort fees" . You pay those fees when you arrive to the hotel. we settled in and played with all the gadgets and how technology savvy everything is and we immedately went to the spa. The spa is really pricey, but is gorgeous.We go back and shower and start getting ready to hit the town. There are two of us in our room, where we realize we paid extra to have another bed. ive never stayed somewhere that you have to pay for another bed. I went with a friend who is also female. We had hairdryers going straighting irons on and we start to realize that the room is starting to get hot. We call downstairs and they tell us a technician will be up shortly. 30 minutes later a technician arrives and we are still doing our hair getting dressed and its getting hotter, the room is now a nicely chilled 82 degrees. The wonderful technician then advises us there is no ventilation in the bathroom and that they get extremely hot if we have a hairdryer on.. wow.. The technician then asks me to please let him use the chair so he can repair the air, which I give him , I was at the point sitting on chair doing my makeup. He uses our towels to clean up his mess from aircondition, left lots of wet dirty towels on the floor. WE were late to our expensive celine dion show, that i had been looking foward to going to for a long long time. We went to our room and the room was cool.. what a relief.. BUT when we get back we are extremely tired and ready for bed but now the curtains wont close. The wall switch doesnt work and large remote doesnt work. So AGAIN I call front desk and this time no one answers...They finally answer and i speak with front desk and male tells me it will be 45 min to get technician to me. wow.. technician arrives just like they said but this time in 30 minutes and takes about 30 minutes to fix curtains so they can now close. When i call downstairs to express my concern i was told that they did not have the staff to accommodate 4000 rooms. so i was told to do what i needed to do. I felt like everyonoe was nice but overworked due to the size and the amount of people that are there. STay somewhere else save your money.

Room Tip: try to stay as close as possible to elevators..