“Upscale Resort Casino on the Strip”

ARIA Resort & Casino
Ranked #15 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 12 September 2011

This was my second stay at Aria. Was originally going to Cosmopolitan but it was much more expensive. If you are flexible you can get a good rate at Aria and ths hotel is very noce. The rooms are fantastic with computer controlled everything. A Security Gaurd checks that you are a guest before you can get to the elevators. I like this. Although, I will say Las Vegas is a very safe city. Staff is very helpful and very friendly. The casino is not very smokey, which is great. Some of the older casinos, the cigarette smoke is just too much for me. Aria has plenty of restaurants and upscale shopping. It is also very close to CVS drug store, Walgreens for cheap supplies. Fatburger and Hard Rock are right across the street. Free WiFI and free printing of boarding pass is now an option and was not during my first stay

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank seaver41
There are newer reviews for ARIA Resort & Casino

Reviewed 12 September 2011

We stayed here for 8 nights and loved every minute of it! We had read the reviews and were ready not to be impressed by some things but we were nothing but impressed. There was no queue at reception and the receptionist was very pleasent and helpful. The room was lovely and housekeeping were excellent - the room was cleaned and fresh towels left everyday.

We expected that everywhere in the hotel would take ages to walk to but we walked to end of the corridor and even if you are at the very end it only takes 5 minutes max to get to the lift. The hotel is also less than a two minute walk from the main strip and is no further away then the Belligio or Mirage which are just off the strip as well.

The pool area was large and beautiful and you could always get a sun lounger even on the weekend. We stayed over labor day weekend and thought there was no chance we could get near the pool but there was plenty of sun loungers all day.

The hotel was expensive to eat and drink but that is what you expect if you stay at a 5 star hotel. We did eat and drink at other cheaper hotels so it does not always have to be expensive. The Todd English pub had great food.

If we go to Las Vegas again we are definately staying here again.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 September 2011

It is great, but I expected something more than that. Rooms are awesome, stuff is very kind. Great jacuzzis and pools.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 September 2011

We just returned from a 6 day, 5 night vacation at the Aria Resort & Casino. Everything was wonderful. We loved our room--it was nice and spacious and the one-touch technology was awesome. It remembered our settings for when we entered the room and it was so nice to get into bed and with a touch of the finger, the curtains closed and the lights went out. The marble bathroom and garden tub were gorgeous! Our friends and family were "wowed" by our pictures of the hotel room. We can't wait to go back next summer and couldn't imagine staying anywhere BUT here.
I was quite nervous about checking in since I read plenty of "horror" stories on this website before leaving. I even braced myself for the long process. Much to my sheer surprise and delight, we faced NO challenges during check in. In fact, we both thought since we got into town early ( we arrived to the hotel by 11am) they wouldn't let us check into the room so early. We ate an early lunch (we were coming in from the East coast) and around 1230 we decided to walk by the desk and see when the earliest check in time would be. They were already checking in people! We waited in line for maybe TEN minutes and we were all checked in and off to our room.
The one thing that we weren't prepared for was the $130 a night incidental hold they put on your credit card. We had a $650 "hold" put on our card that we weren't expecting. I know many hotels have similar policies, but we did feel it was a bit much per night.
It was a fabulous experience from the beginning to the end and we can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Adrienne B
Reviewed 11 September 2011

First off the vanilla sent is not that strong I can't believe people actually complained about this. The hotel is huge and beautiful. The rooms are amazing with a great view. If you're not good with technology then don't stay here because everything is controlled by a touch screen pad which was awesome. Comfy beds and clean rooms. Excellent buffet which on weekends serves amazing brunch. The steak house was excellent as well. My boyfriend and I came here on labor day weekend and all of Las Vegas is packed. The liquid pool was fun, its a pool party so if you're not into that then hang out by the regular pool. I love Vegas and would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2011
Reviewed 11 September 2011

Checked in at 7pm; no line at the front desk, nice new and modern atmosphere. But once I got in the bed aiming for some rest (jetlag), I realized this was undone and full of somebody elses... hair!! Yuck! The housekeeping got upstairs after 45minutes, despite my two calls, and the guilty portorican type tought I wanted to simply have the night Service done! On the negative points, the scent of vanilla in every area is anoying on the long lasting period.
Apart from this, the position is ok (close to Bellagio) and the resort areas are very new and modern. The Jean Philippe bar is awesome for a tasty breakfast or a quick lunch. Nice poker room, where I met the star Negreanu! Overall a good solution. But the best to me remains the Venetian.

• Stayed: August 2011
Reviewed 11 September 2011

My husband and I just returned from a four night stay at the Aria. We absolutely loved the corner suite and the wonderful housekeeping staff, but the check in process was abominable! It took 5 hours until we finally got a room. We had to wait in line for an hour to check in and then 5hours later, waited another 45 minutes in another line to get the keys. When we got to the room, one of the keys did not work. We waited for security 30 minutes standing on our sore feet next to the room until security finally came to fix the problem. They gave us a 50.00 credit only after I called to complain about all the time they wasted of our vacation. By the way, we were celebrating our anniversary. Not a fun way to start a romantic getaway.

Besides the service being awful, the music is non-stop loud and annoying. You can only take the constant beating of the drums and that synthesized singing for so long. The same songs play over and over. No matter where you are in the hotel- the pool, the restaurants, the fitness center, you cannot get away from it. When I go on vacation, even Vegas, you want to be able to go sit in a bar or a fine restaurant, and hear some soothing music.

I will review the restaurants in which we ate in the Aria individually. I will say the room was gorgeous and the bed was comfortable, but I will not be back. Perhaps Vegas is only interested anymore in catering to people in their 20's and 30's, but they are losing the rest of us. We miss that "old rat pack feel," when you came to Vegas and felt like a "king." Now you feel like a peon.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple