“Fabulous Room and Amenities”

ARIA Resort & Casino
Ranked #14 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Fabulous Room and Amenities”
Reviewed 10 January 2012

My fiancee and I went on a "double date" with another couple to Vegas, and had an absolute blast at the Aria. It was a beautiful resort/hotel with fantastic amenities and great restaurants. I'd recommend it to pretty much anyone - young or old. For the price, I put it second only to the Palazzo in value in all of Vegas. 100% awesome and no complaints

Room Tip: Get a view of the strip!
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank carlp09

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5,355)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
San Jose CA
Reviewed 9 January 2012

I recently stayed at the Aria and was so excited to have an opportunity to stay at one of the newest hotels in Vegas. The commercials for the hotel get you excited that Aria is THE hotel THE place to be in Vegas. As I pull up to the hotel the signs all around are reinforcing the commercials the Center the Excitement has shifted to Aria. As I pull up the hotel is beautiful the water show is small but eye catching.
I enter the hotel and (what) this is it, there must be more. The lobby is plain and there are all these 10 -12ft high partitions blocking my view. I can't see it. Behind each partition is another and another . . . where is the WOW. . . . .Nothing. There is no wow.
The registration is to the right and at 10am there are lines to check in and out. There is no WOW in waiting in line! I get checked in and am on my way to my room. I walk thru the casino to the elevators and it is very brown and dark but no WOW. I get to the hotel room and the curtains open as I go in the room. I did appreciate that. But the room is very brown and boring. I had a nice view of the pool area. The bathroom is small (compared to other hotels on the strip.) and neutral. Now if I'm remodeling my bathroom or buying a house this is the bathroom I would hope to get. I do not expect this from the a Vegas hotel. BORING! The shower/bath tub set up is weird. The tub is behind the shower inside of the glass doors for the shower. It is a weird set up. The towels are so so in quality. The bed is nice and comfortable but the pillows are not.
Check out was the same as check in, there are lines of people to check in and out. There are hotel employees telling you which line to queue up in and you wait. There is no WOW in waiting. The woman managing the queue's had the worst breath ever! I wish I could have helped her out with a mint. I keep asking myself why can't the line manager just get behind the counter and start checking people in and out? Seems that for all the 6 or 7 people managing the lines they could actually help with check in/out and move the lines along. All the staff at this hotel lack the enthusiastic nature about them that you usually get from hospitality staff, maybe they are all newbies to the hospitality industry? They are not overly helpful nor do they have the usual customer service I have come to know from staying at any other hotel on the strip.
All in all I could have been at the Courtyard by Marriott and had better customer service and a room decorated in a similar boring way. Don't waste your money -- pick another hotel (any other hotel) on the Vegas strip. Especially if this is your first trip to Vegas!!
Review of the Convention Center -
Can you put the Convention Center any further away from the sleeping rooms?? The walk is a 10 - 15 minute long walk. There is no Starbucks or similar to stop in along the way. The size of the convention center screams that meetings are big part of the Aria hotel business.Then why not cater to us even more by having a convention hotel room tower?? It would be so nice not to walk 10 - 15 to and from my room multiple times a day.
The food in the convention center was terrible. The fish was so tough it needed to be cut with a knife or smelled too fishy for my tastes. Needless to say I did not eat it. The Asian themed buffet was bland, boring and lacked any flavor. The breakfast was bland and boring -- thank goodness for the fruit. If you are attending a meeting at this hotel -- BROWN BAG IT. Save the calories for some Vegas cocktails.
The "Business Center" should be called the Print Center as they only things they can actually do for you is print and make copies. Meeting Planners do yourself and your meeting attendees a favor and select a hotel with a Full Service Business Center. A Full Service Business Center that opens early, Aria's opens at 8am. Are you kidding me -- 8am??? My meeting starts at 8am.
I hope I never see the inside of this hotel again!!!!!!

Room Tip: There is only 1 bank of elevators per floor. Chances are you room will be super far from the elevato...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank kaci99
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 9 January 2012

Excellent room. Has electronics controlling everything, lights, drapes, tv. You can do everything from one remote. When you first open the door, the drapes open dramatically. The casino area is very nice, clean and cheerful. Very spacious inside, high ceilings and not smokey! Inside of some older casinos are depressing, but not Aria. Multiple stores to shop in, connected to other shopping/malls in area. Multiple dining places located throughout. Directly across from Planet Hollywood and next to Bellagio, although it is a bit of a walk to Bellagio. Staff very nice. Lots of exercise just walking around property. Would definately recommend it to others.

Room Tip: We had a room facing the west (opposite side of strip). While we could see the Palms, Rio & Gol...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
Mexico City
Reviewed 9 January 2012

The hotel is great and the room looks brand new.
The Casino is huge as everything in Vegas.
The hotel is an attraction itself.
You can arrange tours and shows at the hotel.
Don't miss the Grand Canyon helicopter tour!
It's just amazing!!!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
Columbus, Georgia
Reviewed 9 January 2012

The hotel was in a great location, it was located right on the strip, it was very close to the Bellagio, Vdara and other hotels. The service was satisfactory.I went on new years so it was very busy there, overall it was nice kind of pricey everything had a fee...

Room Tip: I would go with a basic room if traveling with friends...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank devon t
Tempe, Arizona
Reviewed 9 January 2012

Let me just begin by saying that I wanted to love the Aria. Some of my friends had stayed there before and raved about how wonderful it was so I was excited to check it out. Overall though, my stay was lackluster and not as good as other vacations I've taken to Las Vegas at other hotels.

Check-in wasn't bad. We didn't have to wait in line too long and the front desk agent was very friendly. The selection of rooms wasn't very good. The hotel has like 60 floors? Well we were in their standard room and apparently the only standard rooms left were all on the 6th floor or lower so they wouldn't have that nice of a view. According to the front desk agent, the only thing higher than the 6th floor was a handicap accessible room on the 37th floor or something. I just found this really hard to believe because I work at a hotel. You're telling me that you have no standard rooms open on the 50+ floors above the 6th floor for someone checking in on a Wednesday night? I just find that really hard to believe. Anyway- we went ahead and took the handicap accessible room so we could have the nice view because I didn't really think I'd mind the lowered bed/closet shelves and the lack of the jacuzzi tub in the bathroom. With the package we booked, we were also supposed to get a complimentary city-view upgrade but when we actually got up to the room it wasn't overlooking the city and/or the strip at all. It was just overlooking the parking garage of another hotel or something. Either way- I didn't really care too much about the views to complain, but then my boyfriend walks into the bathroom and the main overhead light doesn't turn on. We try some of the other lights in our room and discover that both our reading lights above our bed don't work and neither do the lamps on each of the nightstands. I call the operator and let them know there are an abundance of lights not working in the room. They tell me that they will alert their technicians, then the technicians will call us with how long it will take for them to get to our room to fix them. That really wasn't acceptable to me when I needed to shower and get ready for dinner but was unable to because it was pitch dark in the bathroom. So basically they were telling me to just put off my dinner/plans for the night until someone could come fix the lights (and they didn't even know when that would be yet). I told them I really didn't want to wait around and asked to be moved to another room. They were able to move us to someone on the 6th floor (which also didn't have a good view by the way). We get there and all the lights were working but then the sink on the right in our bathroom wasn't working properly. The right pull for cold worked, but the left pull for hot did not. Also, the water that came out for the cold was almost dripping because there was no water pressure. Filling up a cup of water would take 5 minutes from that sink. We tried the sink on the left and alas, that one worked fine with strong water pressure. I didn't want to move rooms again because we were already running late for dinner and we could just share the one sink that worked but it was kind of a disappointment how many things were wrong with the two rooms we were in.

Other random things:
Blackjack/Poker minimums a bit high.
Casino/Lobby floor smells like heavenly vanilla.
The beds are so soft and wonderful.
Buffet isn't bad but I prefer the Wynn's buffet.
Gold Lounge is really lame.
Haze is awesome- good sound/lights system. Would definitely go back.
Ate at Lemongrass (their Thai restaurant)- very good food, highly recommend.
Their rain type showers are awesome. Also their bathmats are so fluffy and soft.
Gelato at the Chill cafe was very good.
I feel like they need more dining options that aren't "fine dining".
Our room was ridiculously far from the elevator and we got lost once. When I say ridiculously far, I mean it, I'm not just being a diva.
Cocktail waitresses were very fast and friendly.

Overall, it was an okay stay but I probably wouldn't go back. I prefer the Wynn/Encore over the Aria but I would be interested in possibly trying the Cosmopolitan if I stayed at the City Center again.

Room Tip: Ask for one close to the elevator or you may be walking for what seems like a mile to get to your ro...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank cynthialynn516
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 9 January 2012

Everything about the Aria was 5 stars. The rooms were spacious and impeccably clean. The casino was classy and had a high quality feel, Just don't forget they still take your money like every other casino. I like the location and thought the restaurants were decent. The room had wall to floor windows and everything is activated by touch screen counsel. Barmasa wasn't worth the expense and union had a limited menu. The buffet was good but on the weekends it's $35 per person! I will absolutely stay at the Aria the next time I'm in Vegas!

• Stayed January 2012