“BEST Hotel I've EVER Been to”

ARIA Resort & Casino
Ranked #15 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 20 March 2012

Here with friends and they upgraded two normal rooms to a two bed suite in the VIP tower (Sky Suite)
It was an AMAZING two bed apartment with LARGE living area and the BEST view of the other side of Vegas.
EVERY thing was spotless and yes it only happens in Vegas!
WILL BE BACK!

Room Tip: Ask for an upgrade, you never know!!!!!
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Allan C
There are newer reviews for ARIA Resort & Casino

Reviewed 19 March 2012

The Aria: perfect location, great staff, good restaurants, but I still can't recommend it. Our check in took over 30 min because they couldn't find record of the food voucher deal i booked. I still don't think they gave us the deal I booked, but since our reservation didn't include the information, I had no way to argue. I was lucky they gave us what they did. If you book a deal, make sure you print out the deal and keep it safe. It will be the only proof you have of what's been promised. They upgraded our 15th floor room and sent us to the 31st floor. We ended up directly across from the ice machine which was a good thing since the rooms have no fridge for personal use, no coffee maker and no microwave. Reviewers have pretty much pegged the rooms: small and dark with difficult to work electronics. Our lights and TV turned off several times with no one near the control panels, and the door locked us out twice. It's a really long walk down to the reception desk to get a new key. The room also had an annoying whistle from the air lock created when the door closed. A party next door was a little loud, but overall the room was quiet. The pool was stellar and the spa and gym were great. If you're there for 1 night and you don't plan to be in your room for longer than a few minutes you might want to stay. But there are several other properties with just as good a location that have nicer rooms for the same price.

Also, DO NOT rent a car from the onsite Avis agency. They require you to have the car washed before returning it to the hotel. They charge a large fee if you don't do this. To add insult to annoyance, they didn't tell us when we made the reservations and the car we picked up was dirty complete with spots on the seats and french fries in the back seat.

Room Tip: Opt for a mini suite if you can afford it. at least you'll get a coffee maker and fridge!
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Killybeggs_8
Reviewed 19 March 2012

I have been to Vegas many times and like to try different hotels. So glad we tried Aria. We had 2 rooms - one for us and another for kids. Rooms and bathrooms are very luxurious. We loved the personal touch with the controls to tv, light and curtains. The lobby wasn't all that great - I've seen better - but it was still very nice. Very clean! And a great location. Would definitely stay here again if I got incredible rates like I did this time.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
5  Thank TravelgirlKaty_Texas
Reviewed 19 March 2012

5 star hotel right in the middle of the strip. Like most Vegas hotels, you could probably spend your entire trip in just 1 hotel, because it has a casino, multiple restaurants, and lots of boutique shops. However, it is also centrally located, so it's easy to walk to Bellagio, Paris hotel, the Venetian, etc.

Our room was only on the 3rd floor, so there wasnt much of a view, but it was very quiet despite its closeness to the casino and facing the street (FYI they wanted us to pay $30/night extra for a higher room, so we opted to stay where we were). As others have mentioned, the rooms are super high tech, with everything controlled with an ipad-like device, so you can set your thermostat, window shades, tv, and lights, all in one place. I found it a bit frustrating though, that you cant just turn on a lamp if you wanted to by flicking the switch.

The room itself for a "standard" was spacious, the bathroom had 2 sinks, and areas for the toilet and shower/tub. The bed was one of the most comfortable beds I've slept on in a hotel.

They have valet as well as self-park, we ended up just doing self-park because we thought it was faster, but either way, there is plenty of parking. Note, from self-park to the hotel lobby is quite the trek all the way through the casino...it may be best to just do the valet.

I have to take off a star because of the insane "resort fees" that alot of the hotels in Vegas like to tack on, and it apparently really only covers wi-fi and the pool - which wasnt even open when we were there! And unlike the Luxor, we didnt get any coupons for free drinks or discounts either. Overall though, a very comfortable experience.

Room Tip: 3rd floor you dont get a view, but its still very quiet...if you dont care for a room with a view, t...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank NEAutumn
Reviewed 19 March 2012

Make no mistake, this place is a visually stunning property. Excellent restaurants, gorgeous views, etc. However, no longer being in my 20's or 30's, the place is just to darned noisy for my likes. Music blaring on the main floor 24/7 on top of the noise of slot machines and people; made it very difficult to converse without shouting. My 30th floor room, on the other hand, was paradise. Quiet, clean, very luxurious. I just hated leaving it knowing I would have to go back down to the chaos to go anywhere, eat, or do anything. My only disappointment with the room is that by the time I returned to relax after a day of being away (maybe 4:00 PM-ish), housekeeping had STILL not cleaned my room. My company booked several rooms here for a weekend company event and I don't consider myself "old" by any means, but I'll leave these places to the drunk 20-somethings from now on. That seemed to be the predominant guest you saw walking the floor and on the guest elevators.

Room Tip: Both sides of the hotel have nice views but one looks out toward the Palms and Rio, the other (proba...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank MCADAMA
Reviewed 19 March 2012

This was my 3rd trip to Vegas, and by far my favorite resort to stay at. Sure, the rates may be another $30-$50 per night higher, but when you take into account the amount that you will probably spend on cabs coming from cheaper resorts, it's most definitely worth the extra price.

Location: location cannot be beat. You are right next to the Cosmopolitan and Monte Carlo, with Bellagio, Paris, Caesear's, Planet Hollywood and other popular resorts within a very short walk. There is also a monorail (free) that will take you between Aria and Monte Carlo/Bellagio.

Shopping/Entertainment: Among the finest in Las Vegas. More of a higher end clientele (Louis Vuitton, Gucci, etc.), but fun to window shop non the less. There's also a few other shops inside the resort itself, but also higher end for the most part. There is a new Cirque du Soleil "Elvis" show that we did not get to see, but heard great reviews.

Food: something for everyone. There's a cafe that caters to all tastes, but then you also have your quick bar-food restaurant, tapas, and a couple others. Their morning buffett was among the largest I've ever seen - absolutely something for everyone here too. There's also a very nice and cozy pastry/dessert bar for your favorite up of morning joe, all the way up to some of the most elaborate wedding cakes you'll ever see. Our favorite of all the restaurants was the Tapas restaurant, Julian Serrano.

Hotel Room: Very modern. Very clean and well equiped for their "standard" (aka deluke king) room, having some interesting features like remote operated blinds, lights, tv, etc. We did get to see a room with a view - so if you can swing it, you should.

Casino: Plenty of tables, wide variety games (not unlike other resorts in the area). Loved the fact that it never seemed to smell like smoke, despite the few folks that did smoke in the casino. Dealers were friendly and enjoyable, and waitresses were very attentative with drinks.

Overall, I'd recommend staying here. If you want a centralized location - you almost can't beat this!

Room Tip: Try to check in as early as possible (or see if you can call ahead) to get a higher room with a view...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank Casey C
Reviewed 19 March 2012

I stayed here from the 3-7th March 2012 with my brother.

Check-in:
Fast and efficient, very little wait. The lady was friendly, answered all my questions and showed interest in us as customers. She explained everything that we needed to know and wasted no time so that we could quickly get to our room

Room:
We just went for one of the standard Deluxe rooms. It was just right - new, clean, spacious, comfortable and full of technology. The beds were large and I slept fantastically, not least due to no sound from surrounding rooms at all. The bathroom was nice, great shower which was a good size. I managed to find the inroom safe hidden in the bedside table but I imagine this could evade a few people (my friend announced he didn't have one until I pulled open the drawer). Decent new tv with a reasonable range of channels.

Internet in the room was excellent via WiFi. This is important to me as I like access 24/7. The signal was strong and easily picked up on both my laptop and mobile (cellphone).

The negatives... Lighting was a little poor and I would have liked a gew extra power sockets around the room. I would have liked a coffee machine or at the very least a kettle. Also some space in the fridge to store a few items of my own. I ended up filling the sink with ice and having to use that instead. Otherwise, one of the best rooms that I have stayed in.

Dining:
I didn't really dine at the hotel as the prices seemed steep but all of the restaurants and food outlets seemed popular.

Casino:
Good casino, not too busy with variety for everyone. I am not a big gambler, but my friends who like to play enjoyed the tables with the only complaint being that sometimes they wanted lower limit tables (under $25 per hand).

Sports Book:
Coming from the UK, I was keen to have somewhere that I could catch the odd English soccer game. I was delighted to be able to watch games in the Sports book which wasn't just a US only focused show (as a number in Vegas seem to be). In fact, I got to watch one game on one of the huge 220" screeens which was most enjoyable.

Pool:
There were 3 pools open in varying combinations over the 4 days I was at the Aria. They were all just right, plenty of loungers, water a decent temperature and good sight to the sun (stayed at Venetian before where most beds spent hours in the shade). I used 2 different pools and they were both excellent. I didn't really see any kids running around so it was a relaxing and quiet place to spend the days if required.

Bars:
The bars never really seemed to be busy, so I didn't really use them. They were very modern and upmarket though and service seemed to be good. I checked out the Duece Bar several nights and there were more staff than customers.

Clientele:
I would say the Aria seemed to have more of a business / professional feel.

Location:
I have seen many complaints about the walk from the Aria to the outside world. Some days it did feel like a bit of a trek but I cannot say that I found it an issue. If you just wanted to pop across the road for a soft drink or sandwhich though it was a chore. Aside from this, I thought the location was great and ideally situated.

Gym:
I used the gym a few times. It was easy to access, large, had plenty of equipment and was never busy. There was complimentary water, towels and apples. It can be accessed by the entrance to the pool area (through the Spa).

Other:
There didn't seem to be a resort fee at the Aria.

Overall:
Highly recommended hotel that offers a more relaxing stay in Las Vegas. It is set back slightly from the hustle and bustle but provides good access to everything. I liked the central location and found this to be an excellent stay. I would definitely put this on my shortlist if returning to Las Vegas and would recommend to friends (I already have).

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
7  Thank Simon_Sq