“RUDE front door staff & hard to find arranged transportation”

ARIA Resort & Casino
Ranked #16 of 263 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 18 July 2012

This property makes it virtually impossible to find your pre-arranged transportation. The front door staff has a "rule" that no limousines are permitted to STOP to pick up a guest at the main front door...per the staff themselves!! I have missed my pre-arranged rides & was forced to make several calls trying to find my driver - when in reality the driver was on site, on time....the doorman will NOT ALLOW the drivers to stop while the people are walking out the door to get into their car!! When listening to my driver be screamed at by the doorman, I became very upset - NOT what one would expect on a holiday or even a business trip in a tourist based city! It seems that the Aria caters to the cabs & the house cars ONLY. If you desire any limo company to take care of you, be prepared to make calls, or get your driver's phone number...then run like hell when you see the car - or the door staff will scream at you too! They (quote) "DON'T CARE - they are under orders, because its the rule at Aria" The doorman, Sean, actually threatened my driver stating he would call the police & to take his car and move it himself if he thought he was going to stop at HIS front door! OMG! PASS on staying or catering to the Aria property!!! !HORRIBLE customer service!!

Room Tip: BAD cell reception & bad customer service! RUDE main door staff!
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
6  Thank tcb108lady

Reviewed 17 July 2012

we have been going to vegas once a yr for about 8 yrs. usually stay at mgm or mandalay bay. this yr we decided to try aria. so glad we did!! the people who keep talking about the long walk from reg to the elevator, are crazy! we thought it was fairly close. it was a wonderful stay for 5 nights and 6 days. would def stay again. we arrived at 8:30am and room was ready on 6th floor. asked if we wanted to wait for higher floor, we said sure. 3 hrs later we got our king room on 54 th floor mnt side view. looking down over vdara and cosmopolitan pools. beautiful!! never had to wait more than 30seconds for elevators. the beds are like clouds and pillows too. the pools were NOT over crowded ( 9jul-14 jul)and bar by elevators had wonderful drinks and very friendly bartender (eric)! we gambled some there, but mostly walked to new york and excalibur to gamble. we are use to walking the strip from mgm, so the walk from aria to the strip is NOTHING!! if you are in vegas, you are going to walk AnYwHeRe!! loved aria and will return again!!! dont believe the bad reviews people are posting on here. they are mad about something>>>>>>

Room Tip: ask for higher floor for better view. mtn view is very pretty so you dont really need to pay for cit...
5  Thank Deborah G
Reviewed 17 July 2012

I stayed at the hotel for a 4 day seminar - service and quality is brilliant I would highly recommend it

Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank David R
Reviewed 17 July 2012

This past April my husband and I stayed at the Aria for the second time. After our last stay I said I would never stay at another hotel becuase it was so amazing. This time was a little disapointing. We checked in and our clerk was very friendly. She was nice and poliete and helpful. We went up to our room. I do love that they have security at the elevators 24/7 making sure you have a room key or you can not go up. We got to our room and were disapointed. Usually the curtins open for you welcoming you to the room. the lights come on, and the tv comes on with music. This did not happen when we walked in. It is one of my favrotie parts of the stay. Walking in the room had a very destinct smell to it. The room reeked of POT! The housekeeping staff was either smoking it themselves or did not clean very well from the last guests. We pointed it out to the bell hop when he droped off our luggage, he appologized but never sent anyone or had anyone call us about it. It went away after a few hours from having the air conditioning running to circulate air through the room. We attempted to turn the lights on and 4 light bulbs were burnt out, we did call and have them replaced that night. The maintaince man was frienldy and did come right away. I do love this casion and its offerings. I enjoyed the pool, the bars, the buffet, the elvis show, julian surrento, etc. The beds are the most comfortable in any hotel I have ever been in. But I was disapointed in the room. I guess our first stay was just so perfect that after a complicated day of traveling with flight delays and heavy traffic on the way to the hotel it was disapointing to have to air out your own room and having the lights burnt out. I just felt like they really didnt care about us this time around. Maybe next year we will try again or give another hotel a shot.

Room Tip: Try and get a room on a higher floor not only will the views be better but the hotel splits into two...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jennifer N
Reviewed 16 July 2012

Recently stayed at the Aria for the $100 resort credit promotion. After getting home & looking at my bill, I realized that I was actually charged for my "extras" that I was told at check-in would be taken care of with the resort credit. I have emailed MGM Resorts and was told that because of their system being down, it may take longer than 5-7 days before I receive a response. That is frustrating. But, besides the billing snafu, I did enjoy the hotel and the team members were very friendly & professional. The young man who printed my boarding pass at the concierge desk was a delight & had a very friendly smile.

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank Tjjorg
Reviewed 16 July 2012

I stayed at your hotel in july and it was the best stay in vegas ever.Your rooms were spotless and your bed was the most comfotable ever.The service i recieved was great with a smile from your staff all the time.I also liked the security having to show your room key just to get to the elevators.The only thing i could say could be better is your table min on blackjack 10 dollars would be better than 15.I make it out every 3 years and i will be staying at ARIA again.

1  Thank RuthAnn V
Reviewed 16 July 2012

We traveled with another couple and got tot he hotel late around midnight. Desk clerk told us our rooms were no longer available but he did have the Penthouse suite for an extra $150 per night. We jumped on that deal and never looked back. Loved the hotel, casino and food.
The bed was the most comfortable I've ever slept on. The only thing that was sub par were the pools - too warn and too shallow.

1  Thank csclayton1966