“Great rooms, nice pool”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Zurich, Switzerland
“Great rooms, nice pool”
Reviewed 28 June 2013

Rooms are very spacious and nicely furbished. The bed is state of the art, very very nice... Bathroom is spacious, too. Check-In quite crowded, and so were the elevators. Pool ist very nie, quite of a party place.
The only downside was the shower, which was weak. Besides that, the housekeeping was not really good. Too much dust on furnitures.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank WorldZH

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5,360)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 27 June 2013

Very disappointed with Aria, will not stay again at ARIA nor at any MGM-owned property. The lobby and public spaces are beautiful. However, let me list out the things that went wrong.

- Was promised "every room has a corner view window!" Walked into room on 3rd floor, saw that our view was of a parking structure next door. Thanks Aria!
- Bed linens were dirty / gritty. I'm going to assume it was dust or laundry soap.
- Thick layer of dust on top of refrigerator.
- Blackout curtains were supposed to be operated by a switch on the wall. The switch did not initially work, could not close curtains. Went immediately back to check-in to request a different room and was told they would send engineering to fix it and that we could not be moved to a different room because none were available.
- Engineering arrived and pushed the buttons a few times, got the curtains to close, could not explain the problem other than "the electronics are touchy."
- Floor lamp had no switch, was supposed to be operated through TV set or automatic programming. Turned itself on and off randomly.
- Left bedside lamp switch operated the right bedside lamp and vice versa.
- All lamps turned themselves on and off at random intervals. In the evening after about 6 pm, all the lights reset themselves about every 20 minutes, meaning the floor lamp shut off and the other lamps dimmed.
- Good luck controlling the lamps through the TV set, which had a remote that ALSO worked intermittently.
- TV volume could not be adjusted below a certain level. So if you want to listen to a music channel, fine, as long as you are ok with it being too loud to be "background noise".
- TV greeted us every time upon turning on with "Mr. John McDonald." Too bad that's not my name!
- Desk was located directly below the TV, so you can't have a person sitting at it and another person watching TV at same time.
- Desk lamp turned on once, could not get it to turn on at all for the rest of our 5 day stay.
- No door hangers: you are supposed to press a button to light up a "service" or a "privacy" indicator. Guess what? Those indicators also randomly turned themselves off and on. The first day trying to get the aforementioned dirty sheets changed, we kept pressing the "service" button but it would switch to "privacy" after about 15 minutes. We kept calling for housekeeping but they never came for hours and we were told if they saw the "privacy" light they wouldn't knock. We ultimately had to chase a housekeeper down the hall to get the room cleaned every day.
- Toilet had running water constantly.
- Bathtub faucet dripped for about an hour after being run. There was a thick layer of mineral deposit/buildup visible on the faucet so this clearly didn't happen overnight.
- No electrical outlet near the bed. So if you need to plug in a CPAP machine, too bad. Or you can ask for someone to bring you an extension cord, and when they don't bring one, you can pull the bed out from the wall yourself to find the plug located behind the bed. Like we had to.
- Speaking of the bed, it was very soft, as were the pillows. Not much support.
- Room was quite small and cramped considering how much they are charging you for it.

The housekeepers and bellmen that I encountered were all very kind and helpful. The front desk staff, not so much.

Overall, ARIA clearly did not care about the quality of my stay, did not care about getting the electronics fixed, did not care enough to move me to a different room, and did not care about trying to salvage ANY ounce of respect I might have had. I'm dead serious, never staying at another MGM property. If this is supposed to be their high end luxury hotel, I shudder to think what the rest of them are like.

Don't waste your money. Stay somewhere good, and just walk through ARIA's lobby / casino if you want to enjoy the decorations.

Room Tip: At the end of our trip when we were sharing our troubles with a bellman, he said the north side abov...
7 Thank Erizona
ARIAResort, Manager at ARIA Resort & Casino, responded to this review, 28 June 2013
Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. We appreciate having you as a guest, and we are sorry we did not meet all of your expectations. ARIA prides itself on the standard of service we provide all of our guests, and we will take all of your input into consideration as we work to enhance that guest experience.

Thank you again.

Derek
Manager
Buffalo, New York, Usa
Reviewed 27 June 2013

Excellent spot @ City Center. Convenient & easy access or travel to other sights. One of the most beautiful, spacious rooms with the latest in modern technology and comfort. Loved the luxury feel of the bed & bath. Will definitely come back to @ the Aria!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Christel P
Perth, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 27 June 2013

The Aria is a fantastic facility for business conferences and to relax after...great pool amenities, shops, dining and location on "the strip". We would recommend The Aria to anyone visiting Las Vegas for a business conference or pleasure.

Room Tip: Prices of in-room drinks & snacks...way too high. No coffee machine in room...PITA to have to dr...
1 Thank K S
Lafayette, Ca
Reviewed 27 June 2013

What stuck me the most was how friendly the staff were at this resort. I am certain that everyone, I came into contact with greeted me---front desk, housekeepping, staff in halls, convention center, Most asked if I was having a good stay and did I need anything.

Houston, Texas, Usa
Reviewed 27 June 2013

Very modern, upscale and spacious room with high-tech remote control of not only TV, but music, lights, and even curtains. Excellent restaurants -- American Fish and Sage. Wife thoroughly enjoyed massage, hot rocks and salt room at beautiful spa facility. Casino was clean and classy but quiet.

Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed 27 June 2013

My family and I stayed for 4 nights. I was there on business and the family was there on vacation. The hotel was excellent as was the location. Excellent service and a very nice room. I would definitely stay there again but my only complaint is that the buffet was terrible. My young son and I were seated near a bunch of loud drunks and we paid $86 for the pleasure of eating there (no kids price and no family area). The food was just okay and we ended up eating quickly as I was tired of my son learning a bunch of new dirty words. I thought both the pool and the fitness center were excellent and the other restaurants (while a bit pricey) were very good. I would stay at this hotel again but I will not return to the buffet.