“Fantastic modern & clean suites. Terrible service from staff!!” 4 of 5 bubbles

ARIA Resort & Casino
Ranked #14 of 264 Hotels in Las Vegas
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Melbourne, Australia
“Fantastic modern & clean suites. Terrible service from staff!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2014

My husband & I are from Australia & went to Vegas for our honeymoon. We booked a suite at the Aria. On arrival to our room we opened the door to discover we were at the back of the hotel facing the freeway! Not happy we asked to change rooms to the strip side which they had available for an extra $100 ( not that the money was the issue ) we agreed to just change rooms but what really upset us was not a single staff member came up to give us any help to move our luggage and all the flowers, chocolates and balloons my husband had organised for the room. We had to make several trips to the new suite plus we had to make several trips to reception just to get the room key card & sort out room changes! No acknowledgement from hotel that we were on our honeymoon! Not bloody happy as you can imagine after a 14 hr flight from Melbourne to LA then another flight to Vegas! Thank god the Hyatt in New York was a fantastic experience for our once in a lifetime trip.

• Stayed August 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank CarAnt11
ARIAResort, Director of Guest Relations at ARIA Resort & Casino, responded to this review, 2 January 2014
Thank you for choosing ARIA for your honeymoon. We work hard to provide a setting that delivers luxury for our guests and I truly apologize for your disappointing experience.

I would like to take this opportunity to learn more about your stay. My Guest Relations team will be reaching out to you directly to obtain additional information. We look forward to reviewing your comments and rectifying this matter in a timely manner.

Regards,

Director of Guest Relations

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5,240)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Pacifica, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2014

My wife and I booked the Aria’s Winter Offer (received in email) for the Christmas week stay. Offer was for room starting at $109, Complimentary View Upgrade and $50 per day resort credit. We did not receive the view upgrade, so disappointed. Nowhere in the ad says anything about 1) the upgrade will be given at time of check-in and 2) subject to availability. Furthermore they would not automatically give me the upgrade should it become available. She said I had to call them to find out. Caution about the $50 per day of resort credit. This is per day and NOT cumulative. It’s a good thing that I asked ahead of time.

Fortunately, Aria is indeed amazingly good for the price.
1) Room is spacious, personalized and automated (even more than Encore). There is a touch pad control next to the bed that you can use to control everything. – lighting, curtains, ambient temperature and service etc.
2) Hotel personnel greeted us about 90% of the time. This is quite impressive. Ritz Carlton in Half Moon Bay not even came close. The same with the restaurants – Sage, Sirio and American Fish.
3) Maid service is excellent and detailed. She made our bed again sometime in the evening with chocolate much like the cruise ship minus the folded towel animal. One night the maid even put our slippers neatly on top of a towel by the bedside.
4) Aria has just about the most HD TV channels (and STD) in any hotel with complete ESPN lineup. Also with 3 TVB channels for Cantonese speaking guests like me, thank you. The sports betting and TV area has a largest HD screen I have ever seen, maybe like 15 feet wide.

Overall we are quite satisfied with this stay.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
ARIAResort, Executive Director of Hotel Operations at ARIA Resort & Casino, responded to this review, 2 January 2014
I’m delighted you had an amazing stay at ARIA. Thank you for letting us know you enjoyed your guestroom accommodations, our race & sports book, television channel line-up, and the magnificent service provided to you by our Housekeeping, Hotel, and Food & Beverage staff.

Additionally, I do apologize for the circumstance you encountered with our Front Desk in regards to a complimentary upgrade. We work hard to maintain the highest service standards and your feedback is much appreciated. I look forward to your return.

Warmest regards,

Shannon McCallum Crawford
Executive Director of Hotel Operations
Irvine, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 December 2013

Your bed set matress and pillow were very soft and I was uncomfortable with that. I think you can have a little bit more hard or something like memory foam except that I was happy totally specially in casino
Cuz in your casino was a good energy for sun light and that's why I referred to all my friend for gambling ,
And they are moved or moving to aria

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
ARIAResort, Director of Guest Relations at ARIA Resort & Casino, responded to this review, 3 January 2014
Dear Houman,

It is wonderful to read that you liked the high energy of our casino and I truly appreciate you referring your friends to our property. I would also like to thank you for your honest feedback on our guestroom mattresses. Please note that on your next stay, you may request to have a bed board placed under your mattress for some added firmness. Thank you again and I look forward to your next trip to ARIA.

Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 December 2013

This was our first time to stay on the strip and this hotel was fabulous. The rooms are beautiful, quiet, and there was a good view of the strip. The next time I would not select a corner room. It could have just been the location but a regular room would have given a larger window for viewing but still an excellent room.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Phyllis C
Dear Phyllis,

Thank you for your great review and for taking the time to let us know that you enjoyed your guestroom. It is disappointing to hear that the view from your room was not adequate during your stay and I would like to research your exact room type.

As your reservation is not linked to Trip Advisor, my Guest Relations team will be reaching out to you directly to gather more information. I look forward to hearing from you.

Warmest regards,

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 December 2013

We stayed at Aria over 12/27-12/29 and loved our stay. Hotel is sleek and modern with state of the art smoke suction and ventilation to make it feel clean. Rooms are modern and comfortable. Food was very good. Spa was exceptional. Hydrafacials were amazing. Must try. Card dealers were friendly and funny. All staff was courteous and helpful.

1 Thank 4MGOBLUE
ARIAResort, Director of Guest Relations at ARIA Resort & Casino, responded to this review, 6 January 2014
Thank you for taking the time to post about your positive experience. It is a pleasure to read you appreciated the ventilation of our casino and that you enjoyed your guestroom accommodations, hyrdafacial at the Spa, our dining options, and the excellent service provided by our card dealers. I am pleased we have met your expectations and I look forward to your return.

Idaho
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 December 2013

They went above and beyond to make our trip the most memorable experience. Wonderful staff and managers were accommodating. Very helpful and full service as expected and heard. Worth every penny!! Thank you Aria for an amazing stay

• 5 of 5 bubbles
ARIAResort, Executive Director of Hotel Operations at ARIA Resort & Casino, responded to this review, 6 January 2014
I am thrilled that everything went as expected and that the efforts of our team helped make your experience an unforgettable one. Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back to ARIA.

Kind regards,

Shannon McCallum Crawford
Executive Director of Hotel Operations
Berkeley, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 December 2013

ARIA is the coolest hotel/casino to stay at in Vegas. The entire hotel is open and not claustrophobic. There's a lot of space, gaming area is cool, well designed, and not tacky or themed like other casinos. It's a first class hotel

Room Tip: The rooms are clean and spotless. The decor is gorgeous. The hotel is a 5-star hotel, but you can al...